Status: HIATUS

The Life of An American Orphan.

Please Tell Me What We Have Is Real.

Jen’s P.O.V
“Are you ready?” Matt asked and looked at me.

Currently we were sitting in his car outside the hospital, we both ditched school so we could find out or maybe confirm that I was pregnant. I know it’s awful but I really hope this is just a fake pregnancy and that I’m not really pregnant.

I nodded my head just looking straight ahead. Matt got out of the car and hurriedly got over to my side and opened up the door for me. I looked to my side and saw him give me a small smile which I so desperately wanted to return but couldn’t. I stared at him for a few seconds before I got out of the car and stood beside him, he took a gentle hold of my waist leading me to the hospital front doors.

“Why don’t you take a seat there and I’ll go write you in” Matt said and gently pushed me to the waiting area, I barely nodded and watched as he walked to the receptionist before I went over to one of the plastic chairs and sat down, I was so nervous I felt like I had to throw up.

Three minutes after I sat down Matt came and sat down next to me giving me a small hand, I immediately took his hand in mine and clutched it for my dear life. Matt took his free hand and stroked my hand that was clutching his softly.

“Everything is going to be ok” He whispered in my hair and then gave me a kiss on my temple.

“What if I’m pregnant?” I asked looking straight ahead.

“Then we’ll just take it one step at a time, tough I think you should tell Sarah” He said and I nodded but then stopped suddenly and looked up at him.

“We’ll?” I asked and he gave me a small smile and then leaned his forehead on mine.

“I told you already that I’m not leaving you, you have managed to steal my heart Jennifer Helen Davis” He said I bit my lower lip, I felt my eyes tearing up so I closed them letting a tear fall down my cheek.

“Hey now, there’s no need to cry” He whispered and then wiped away the tear with his thumb.

I laughed softly and then shook it “I can’t help it, I’m a teenage girl, it’s what I do” I said making him laugh loudly.

“You are one of a kind” He said looking at me.

“Miss Davis” I heard a female voice say.

“That’s us” Matt said and he stood up, I nervously followed Matt who walked forward to the lady.

“Hello” She said with a smile, I clutched Matt’s hand harder and almost glued myself to his side while Matt politely said hello back.

“Just follow me, the doctor is ready to see you” She said still with the smile on her face as she walked a head of us and then opened the door for us.

A woman in a white coat stood up from her seat and greeted us, she first shook Matt’s hand and then mine and then told us to sit down. I sat down on the examination chair that was in the middle of the room while Matt sat down in the chair by the desk.

“So Miss Davis, I hear you’re not sure you’re pregnant” She said and looked at me, I nodded and looked down.

We spent a while in the room, the doctor asked me a few (embarrassing) questions about my sexual life, period, and other girl stuff and then she needed a urine and blood test.

“Well the urine tests shows us that you are in fact three weeks pregnant but we would like to take an ultrasound so we can confirm that there is a baby in that belly” She said still smiling, apparently this woman thinks I’m happy to be pregnant.

I looked at Matt and saw him give me a small sad smile back, I knew he wasn’t sad or angry that I was pregnant but rather the way I got pregnant.

“So if you will just pull your shirt up under your chest and then lay down on the table so we can start” She said and I nodded, I hesitantly pulled my shirt up under my chest and then laid down, I hear Matt stand up from the chair and just moments later he is beside me holding my hand in comfort.

“This might be a little cold” The doctor said as she squirted some kind of gel on my stomach making me squeal and jump a little which made Matt chuckle. Then she took the looking thing the doctors use to see the baby and rubbed it all over my stomach until she stopped.

“Congratulation Miss Davis, you’re a soon to be mother” She said with a smile as she looked at both me and Matt but we were too busy to look at the screen to meet her gaze.

“That’s the baby?” Matt asked and pointed at the little white dot in the middle of the screen.

“Yeah, that’s he or she” She said and looked at us.

Matt laughed “That’s not a baby, that’s like smaller than a pea” He said making both me and the doctor chuckle.

“Of course it is, the baby grows inside the stomach, that’s why it is in there for 9 months” The doctor explained obviously amused.

“That makes sense” Matt said and I actually had to hold in my giggles.

“I’ll let you get dressed now” The doctor said as she took a paper towel and wiped off the gel from my stomach. I sighed as I put my shirt back down and then with a little help from Matt I sat up in the table.

“Have you thought of what you want to do with the baby?” She asked and I shook my head and clutched Matt’s hand.

“Well I would like to remind you that if you are getting an abortion then the sooner the better” She said and I frowned but nodded.

“Other than that I would just like to say that you should be careful, I would advise you to not travel by plane the first months, eat healthy, bring snacks if you want and if you are ever sitting in a car for a long period of time then walk or just get out of the car and stretch your legs so your blood circulates and I want you to come in here in a month so we can check up on you” She finished and smiled at us (surprising right?)

“Thank you—“I said quietly not knowing what her name was.

“Smith, Cassandra Smith” She said and shook our hands.

“Thank you” I repeated.

“You’re welcome, take care now” She said as we walked down the hall and then back out to Matt’s car.

I closed the car door and put the seatbelt on and waited for Matt to get in. A second late Matt was inside the car and put the seatbelt on and then started the car.

“Holy crap” I said looking straight ahead and Matt immediately turned in his seat and looked at me.

“What’s wrong babe?” He asked and after a few seconds I turned and looked at him.

“I’m pregnant” I said and just looked at him emotionless.

“Yeah” He said and we just kept looking at each other.

“What now?” He asked after a few moments of silence.

I turned back in my street and looked straight ahead again sighing.

“I have to tell Sarah and then baby steps, right?” I asked just to be sure that that was the best thing to do.

“Yeah, you don’t have to make any hasty decisions now. Just be calm and it will all work out, you’ll see” Matt said and took a hold of my hand as he pulls out of the hospital parking lot and then drives to the orphanage.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if something is wrong about the whole "checking to see if she is pregnant" part, i were in school and people started to wonder if i were pregnant when i googled "How to know that you're pregnant" but i hope this is semi good atleast : D

Maybe i'll be able to get a chapter out tomorrow, i'll try!