Status: HIATUS

The Life of An American Orphan.

I'm Losing Logic.

Jen’s P.O.V
I walked out of the car and then turned around and leaned down so I could see Matt’s face.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to come with you?” He asked unsure, I nodded my head.

“Yeah, I have to do this on my own, plus it’s only Sarah I’m sure she won’t kill me… yet” I said with a small laugh at the end.

“Ok fine, but just call me if there is anything ok?” He said and I nodded.

“I promise I will call you” I said with a small smile.

“Ok then, I’ll see you later I guess” He said with a small smile, I got into the seat and pecked his lips and then got out again and then closed the door with a final wave and then started on my walk up to the orphanage.

“Hey Jennifer!” I heard Matt shout and when I turned around I saw that the window of the passenger seat was open.

“What?” I asked.

Anything, ok?” He said and I rolled my eyes at his concerned face.

“Yes, I will call you if there is anything” I said and he nodded and I gave him the final wave and turned around. I started walking after I had heard the engine of his car far in the distance, I took a deep breath in and then held it a few seconds before I let it out. I walked up to the door and walked into the hallway. I nervously took off my shoes and placed them on the shoe shelf and then made my way into the kitchen to look for Sarah.

I heard a kid giggle “Wow, that’s awesome Josh, show me again?” I heard Sarah’s voice asked. I stood in the middle of the door and watched as Sarah watched one of the kids from the orphanage draw around his hand.

I coughed to get her attention.

The sooner, the better. Right?

Sarah’s head lifted up while Josh’s stayed down still drawing around his hand.

“Oh hey, where have you been? I didn’t see you when I woke up.” She asked and I looked around the room, feeling just as nervous as when I was at the hospital.

“Are you busy?” I asked completely ignoring her question.

“Uhm, yeah sure” She said and stood up after she told Josh she’d leave which he was OK with.

I took her hand and dragged her up to our room and then pushed her gently on the bed, I started to slowly pace in front of her biting my lower lip. My hands shook and my were dry no matter how many times I licked them.

“What’s wrong hun?” She asked and I stopped pacing and looked at her, after a few minutes I sighed and sat next to her turning my head so I looked at her.

“I’m pregnant” I said and kept looking at her face to see her expression.

“W-what did you say?” She asks looking baffled.

“I am pregnant” I said pausing between each word for a few seconds, not only to get it in her mind but to get it in mine as well. Dude, I’m pregnant.

Sarah took a deep breath “You know it is a funny world we live in, the pizza is round but it comes in square boxes, bars have parking lots even though we’re not allowed to drink and drive—“ Started to say but I interrupted her before she could finish.

“Sarah, what the hell are you doing?” I ask confused looking at her.

She turns her head and looks at me “You’re pregnant” She said and I looked at her until I decided to nod.

“Holy smoking bitches of the cock sucking hell, YOU are PREGNANT” She said and shot up from the bed and then started to pace back and forth. My eyes widened at the words that just came out of her mouth and I just kept looking at her.

“I mean, I know you and Matt were like in love with each other and all but damn” She said and I looked down at my lap as I felt tears in my eyes. Sarah stopped pacing and I could feel her eyes burning trough me.

I brought my hand up and wiped away the tear that escaped my eye and sniffled. The room was quiet and the only thing that could be heard was the breathing belonging to me and Sarah and the occasional sniff from me.

Sarah kneeled in front of me, I lifted my head up and I saw the sadness in her eyes.

“It’s not Matt’s is it?” She asked in a whisper and I shook my head.

Her arms wrapped around me in comfort and I leaned into her touch, I silently cried as we both sat there for a few minutes that felt like decades until she pulled away.

“What happened?” She asks in a whisper and looks at my eyes. I lean back on the bed and let out a sigh, I bring my hands up and cover my face as I try not to cry but I know it’s impossible.

Sarah lay down beside me and pulls me into another hug, I sob as I tell her what happened that day we went to the party, not leaving anything out.

Matt’s P.O.V
Did you know that out of all teen pregnancy 57% is born and that 29% is terminated by abortion? And worse, 14% end in miscarriage, what if Jen is one of those 14 percent?

Holy fuck, teens that are pregnant is most likely to not attend college, this is just fan-fucking-tastic. I mean it’s no problem for me because I’m most likely to drop college to focus on the band but I know how much an education means for Jen, so she can do her photography.

I sigh as I keep scrolling down the page reading more about teenage pregnancy, did you know that if Jen gets a baby girl then she is most likely to be a teen mom, or if she gives birth to a baby boy he is most likely to end up in jail.

I scroll down until I am at the end of the page. I slam my laptop together in frustration and throw it to the end of the couch as I let out a frustrated growl.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not angry because she’s pregnant or because she was raped because that was not her fault. I guess I’m just angry because I care about her a lot, and she’s suffering from what happened to her a while ago whereas the douche bag that did this to her is out there with the memory of what he did to her. I swear if I ever find that cock sucker I will not hesitate to kill him with my bare hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy late christmas, hope you had fun with your friends and family.

I felt like this chapter was kind of sucky, do you?
I have changed this so many times because I never got it right with words and stuff and this is the closest i came without repeating myself.

And last, a warning: I have a really mushy chapter coming up, don't know if it will be the next one or the one after that but beware, it's coming!!!