Status: HIATUS

The Life of An American Orphan.

I Can Read It In Your Eyes

Jen’s P.O.V
My eyes opened but it wasn’t easy. It felt like each of my eyelids weighted a couple of tons. I looked straight ahead and was met with the white roof that was in Matt’s room.

Matt

I quickly looked to my left and the bed was empty but the sheets were messed up so I knew he’d been here.

Honestly it felt like it was all a dream, I mean I had never imagined that I would tell Matt Sanders about all of my problems, Matt Sanders my boyfriend.

I admit it feels like the heavy weight that has been on my shoulders all these years have been lifted, I feel as light as a feather now.

I knew we still had a lot to talk about but I couldn’t help the small smile that came on my face when I remembered yesterday. I had expected for Matt to break up with me or send me home disgusted of me but I was pleasantly surprised when all he did was whisper words of comfort into my ears.

I think I might love him.

It’s crazy I know, I haven’t known him for long and neither had we been dating for long but I seriously think I love him.

I sigh as I toss away the covers that was covering me from my waist and down, i tossed my feet over the edge of the bed and my feet hit the soft carpet that was covering his floor. The first thing I noticed was that my shoes had been taken off when I was asleep and when I looked around at the floor I saw that they had randomly been thrown around, one shoe was by his dresser while the other one was by his desk.

Shaking my head I let out a small chuckle and stood up, I stretched and let out a small yawn. Looking around the room I stayed quiet to hear if Matt was in the bathroom and when I didn’t hear anything I slowly walked to the door and opened to find an Matt-less bathroom.

I closed the door and walked over to the door that lead to the hallway and opened it, I looked outside and didn’t see anything so I made my way out and walked in the directions of the staircase, I walked down it and came to the hallway.

I walked around the house looking for Matt, it was a huge house and I was now trying to find the kitchen, after going into the library twice, a cleaning closet four times and the hallway eight times I found the kitchen. The big empty kitchen that had Matt by the stoves, I let out a sigh of relief and walked further into the kitchen and watched as Matt stood there unknown of my presence.

Sitting down at the island I kept watching him as he cracked eggs and laid bacons on two different plates. He walked over to the fridge and took out a box of orange juice, he turned around and saw me, I thought he would have jumped and been scared but no.

He must be more macho then I thought he could be.

He just gave me a smile and continued on with what he was doing.

“Good Morning” He said as he flipped the eggs.

“Morning” I said and kept looking at him.

There was a silence as he kept making the food, there was only a few minutes until he came towards me with a plate and a glass of orange juice which he put in front of me. I thanked him and looked down at the plate which contained two eggs, four strips of bacon, a bagel with crème chees and one pop tart.

“Are you trying to fatten me up so you can eat me?” I ask with suspicion in my voice as Matt sits down right over where I sit, he give me a fork and a knife as he laughs.

“Wow, you really are smart” He says and the take a sip of his orange juice.

Both of us start to eat, there’s small talk through the breakfast but nothing about what happened yesterday afternoon/night which I am glad about, I didn’t really feel like talking about it right now.

I insisted on rinsing the plates and then put them into the dishwasher, while Matt was washing the stove and the island.

I felt to strong arms around my waist just as I had closed the door to the dishwasher, I smiled and leaned into his chest. I turned around and buried my head in his chest.

We stood there for a while both being quiet and the only thing that could be heard is the dishwasher in the background and both of us breathing. I closed my eyes and sniffed Matt, his smell was still there and I smiled.

“I wish we could just stand here” I said out loud after a few minutes.

“That could be done” Matt replied as he tightened his arms around me, I smiled and looked up at him. I leaned up and pecked his lips and then hid my head in his chest again.
♠ ♠ ♠
: D