Status: HIATUS

The Life of An American Orphan.

Ill Give You Something To Remember.

Jen’s P.O.V
A content sigh escapes my mouth as I cuddle deeper into Matt’s side.

After breakfast we had a long talk about what I told him yesterday, it started with a few question and it ended with both of us in tears, that’s right Matt cried. Which made me feel incredibly bad and I tried everything to make him stop.

We decided to not do anything special after that, the conversation had taken an emotional toll on both of us so we decided to just cramp up in the loft living room and hang out and watch movies.

“I think, I think I’m going to tell the orphanage tomorrow about my --- situation” I said softly as I played with the hand that Matt had around my waist.

“Are you sure?” He asks and I nod.

“Yeah, the sooner the better” I replied glancing at the TV that was playing “A Walk To Remember” which I had chosen of course, why Matt had it in his movie collection is something I probably will never know.

“Does that mean you’re going to tell the gang too?” He asked and I could feel his eyes on me.

“Probably, I don’t know how though. They’re going to ask questions” I say and let out another sigh.

“Maybe you should tell them the truth?” Matt asks.

“No, not yet at least. I’ve just gotten to know them and I don’t know if I can trust any of them” I said and Matt sat up straight and looked at me and I looked back.

“But you can trust them, they wouldn’t tell anyone” Matt said with a real serious voice that matched his face expression.

“You know, sometimes just the act of sharing a painful secret can relieve some of the pain. Friends hear what you say but best friends hear what you don’t say. They know something’s up Jen.” Matt continued and I looked at him.

I have to admit that what he said made somewhat sense.

“Well I want to tell them, but my mind is filled with thousands and thousands of thoughts that I just don’t know how to explain.” I said softly still looking at him.

“Dr. Seuss once said: Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” Matt said.

“Look Matt, I know you trust them, why wouldn’t you, you’ve been friends for ages but the thing is I’ve only known them for not even a month as my friends and I just don’t trust people that fast and you know it!” I said loudly.

“But you can trust them, you know I would never say that if it wasn’t true. They need to know this if you’re going to tell them you’re pregnant!” He said loudly, I sat up on the couch and looked at him.

“I didn’t say I was going to tell them now, I said maybe in a while and if I do decide to tell them you do not get to tell me when I’m ready or not!” I continued loudly.

“Did I say you should tell them now? No I didn’t, all I said is that you can trust them!” Matt shouted.

“You are not even listening to me! I told you I can’t trust them yet, I haven’t known them long enough!” I shouted.

“Oh come on, you trust me enough, what’s the difference?” He shouted.

I licked over my lips, bit my lower lip and then I shook my head.

“No, no I’m not going to fight with you over this.” I said calmly and stood up from the couch and walked over to the door.

“Where are you going?” Matt asked loudly.

“I’m going home” I said not stopping to look at him, I heard some noise and then I heard steps meaning he was following me.

“You can’t go home, you don’t know the way” He said with a sigh.

Incredibly enough this one time I had found the way without getting lost, of course it would be easy considering I only had to walk down to stairs to get to the front door.

“Well I’ll find a way, take a cab or something” I said aggressively as I opened the door and walked out.

“Do you even have money?” Matt asked and I wasn’t sure if he was asking out of concern or just mocking me.

“Yes, I do. I have a job remember?” I stated more than asked, again not stopping when answering him.

I walked so fast that I didn’t get to hear his reply. I quickly left his mansion and then looked around as I was standing on the sidewalk and I bit my lower lip knowing Matt was right with me not knowing the way, but that wasn’t going to stop me.

I dialed the 411 and asked for the number of a cab company and when I got it I thanked the lady and hung up before dialing the number of the cab company, after a few minutes the cab told me he was going to show up in only minutes.

Standing on the sidewalk I did nothing else but to kick small rocks, I didn’t even want to think about the small argument that we just had. I shook my head and looked up as I heard a car honking.

I saw the cab and I walked over to it and sat in, I told him the directions and then I leaned my head in the window and let out a sigh running my hand over my face. I looked out at the scenery as we passed big mansions that resembled Matt’s and houses turned into green trees and trees turned into sand and water and soon we passed regular houses and then the cab stopped completely.

Lifting my head up from the window I thanked the cab driver and handed him some money, I didn’t really want to do anything else but to relax. So I opened the car door and told the cab driver to just take the rest of the money as a tip and then I closed the door and made my way up to the orphanage only thinking about lying in bed relaxing.
♠ ♠ ♠
NEW STORY UP FOR ALL YOU MATT SANDERS & DAUGHTER LOVERS!
CHECK IT OUT HERE!

Small drama in here, what do you think will happen next??