Status: HIATUS

The Life of An American Orphan.

Don't Respect The Words You're Speaking.

Jen’s P.O.V
To my surprise the classes went by in a hurry, maybe it was because I was thinking about Matt and his oh so cute smile or maybe it was because ... No it was definitive Matt and his smile.

I walk to my locker and put my books in and take out my bag and starts on my way to the cafeteria.

“Jen, over here!” I hear the voice of Sarah shouting over all of the talking teens.

I walk over to the smiling brunette and sit down next to her.

“Why are you all smiles today?” I ask looking at her suspiciously.

“Why are you not all smiles today?” She asked back and my suspisious face turns into one of looking at her weirdly. I shake my head and take out my lunch which was a chicken salad and apple juice.

Now I know what you’re thinking but you’re wrong. I don’t eat salad because I want to be thin or anything but because it’s good, plus i dump a lot of salad dressing on it.

I take a fork full of salad and was about to eat but a loud and annoying laughter was heard and i knew it could only come from one person, Isabella.

“I know right!” Shesquealed said and flipped her hair, she was talking to one of the basketball players and apparently she was flirting because she kept touching the poor guys thigh. Yuck.

“I hate that laugh, it’s so fucking annoying” Sarah said with a face of disgust as she take a bite of her PB&J.

“Tell me about it, sounds like a squirrel on helium” I say and take a sip of my apple juice.

“Guess who doesn’t have detention today.” Sarah says with the smile back on her face.

“Really? Oh wow, that needs to be celebrated” I said teasingly and gently shove her.

“Actually, it should be celebrated” She said seriously and looked at me.

“Ice cream?” I asked and she nodded eagerly.

“After school” She say and take a bite of her PB&J.

“Attention, Attention, Attention, listen and listen closely because I will only say this once, or twice” Isabella said and winked at me.

This is bad news.

“We’re all family at this school right?” She asked and people got confused.

“And what do families do? I’ll tell you, they’re honest with each other. I think we should be honest with each other too, we should all share one secret.” She said and smiled innocently at me.

3rd persons P.O.V
The whole cafeteria was confused at what Isabella had just said, they all thought she was drunk but she had balance so it couldn’t be that. It had to be something behind all of this and they would soon find out.

“My secret, I stole a lollipop when I was 5” Isabella said.

“Anybody else?” Isabella said and looked around the cafeteria.

“How about you Jennifer?” Isabella asked still sounding innocent and when Jennifer didn’t do anything Isabella smiled.

“It’s ok Jen I’ll share it for you”

Once that sentence came out of Isabella mouth Jennifer froze up, she knew what Isabella was going to say.

“Jennifer’s an orphan” Isabella shouted through the cafeteria. She could see that people eyes widened in shock and a pleased smile came onto her face.

“And that friend of her, Sarah is also an orphan. What a shock right?” Isabella said and laughed loudly.

“But that’s just half of it. Not only is she and orphan but the freak also has a huge crush on Matt Sanders, the popular and rich basketball player. Right Jen-Jen?” Isabella said with a sickly sweet voice.

Jennifer had long gone frozen up and she could feel the tears falling from her eyes. She quietly put her fork down on the table and stood up, she walked to Isabella feeling everyone’s eyes on her the whole time. It wasn’t long until she was standing in front of Isabella who had an evil smile on her face.

“You said you wouldn’t tell anyone” Jennifer said and looked right at the evil cheerleader.

Isabella made a fake oops face and tried to look innocent “I lied” she said and the smile came back on her face.

Jennifer shook her head and ran out of the cafeteria as soon as she could. When she heard the door close she let out a sob, she ran out of the school door and leaned on the wall outside. She slid down the wall and pulled her knees up to her chest and hid her face in her knees as she sobbed.

Inside things were quiet, you could hear the cheerleaders laughing quietly but everyone was mostly shocked. The table with the five best friends were talking quietly amongst the others, Matthew looked over at Brian with a facial expression that said “should I?” Brian nodded and the next thing Matthew stormed out the cafeteria in search for the young brunette.

Sarah looked around the room until she found a pair of blue eyes, eyes that could give her comfort even on her worst days. She smiled weakly before she stood up and walked over to the cheerleader.

Just like Jennifer Sarah could feel everyone’s eyes on her as she walked up to her. She didn’t waste any time with punching Isabella in the face and when she heard something crack she knew she had broken Isabella’s nose. She smiled to herself and turned to the rest of the students in the cafeteria.

“Wanna know Isabella’s real secret? She’s a slut, a gold digging two timer whore who doesn’t own a heart.” Sarah shouted and turned around to face the bleeding Isabella. Students in the cafeteria laughed and let out an “oooh” sound.

“Ooops my mistake. That’s not a secret” Sarah said and had the same fake expression as Isabella had.

“You broke my nose bitch!” Isabella shrieked while holding both of her hands in front of her nose.

“Oh yeah would you look at that” Sarah said like it was no big deal.

“Where are the teachers?” Johnny whispered to Zacky who just shrugged.

“Who cares?” Brian whispered and just continued to watch with a smile on his face.

Isabella and Sarah kept looking at each other until Sarah turned around and walked out of the cafeteria. As soon as she was out the cafeteria burst out in applause and laughter.

Matt’s P.O.V
I’ve always knew Isabella was a bitch,but I didn’t know she was that big of a bitch and would sink that low.

I had run through every hall and looked around in every corner of the school but still there was no sign of Jennifer. I heard faint sobbing from the wall so I ran towards the main exit door and when I got out I saw Jennifer by the wall sobbing. I gently walk up to her and sit down next to her.

I saw her jump a little out of surprise, she wipes her eyes before she looks up from her knees metting my eyes. I give her a small smile but she just groans and let her head fall back down on her knees.

“Please go away” She says quietly, I take a deep breath and man up to the question that's been in my head all morning.

“Do you want to go to my dad’s charity event with me?” I blurt out.

I could have asked her a nicer, more manlier way but my nerves got to me, damn.

Jen’s P.O.V
When Matt had said that my eyes widened, it was a good thing my whole face was covered because I would have looked pretty ridiculous. I wipe the tears from my bloodshot eyes before I look up at Matt again.

“What?” I ask and look at him.

“It's short notice since its tomorrow night but my dad’s having this charity event thingy tomorrow and I don’t have a date” Matt says and looks at me.

I look at him in the eyes “Oh my god, you’re pitying me” I whin and lay my head back down on my knees.

“What? No, no, NOOOO pitying. Absolutely not” Matt says and i look up seeing him waving his hands a little to get his point out ... I think.

“That’s actually what I wanted to ask you before we got interrupted in the hallway. I know it sounds strange and all in all we’ve known each other for like an hour but you’re the only girl I know besides family that doesn’t giggle like an idiot when I’m around.” Matt says and look at me.

“Thanks” I say quietly looking at my hands.

“So, what do you say, wanna come with me?” He ask after a couple of minutes of silence.

“Like a date?” I ask carefully.

“We could just kind of hang out tomorrow, like friends” He said and look at me, with a smile on his face.

I nod my head and bit my lower lip with a small smile on my face “Okay.”

I don’t really care if it’s not a date because I get to spend a whole night with Matt. Even though it’s probably going to be awkward since he now knows i have a crush on him.

“Great, I’ll come pick you up.” He says and my small smile went right away.

“Hey don’t worry about it, I doubt anyone is going to care about you and Sarah living in an orphanage.” He says with the smile still on his face.

I just nod and jump a little when I hear the bell ring signaling that lunch was over and class is starting. Matt stands up and gave me his hand, I took it and he helped me up and looks at me.

“If it helps, I kind of know how you feel.” He says as we starts to walk in the hallways ignoring people standing on the side of the hallways whispering.

“What?” I ask looking at him confused.

“When I was in preschool I had a huge crush on the teacher and this douche bag Mark yelled it out in the middle of a class.” He says and laughed a little, it didn’t take long for me to join in.

“I was so embarrassed that I ran out of the classroom and hid in the boys bathroom until school was over” He says and we both stop when i noticed the door to my next class.

I laugh softly and lick my lips “That sounds awful.”

“Yeah well, I'll live with it.” Matt says with a small shrug and a smile on his face.

“Anyway uhm tomorrow then?” He asks after a few seconds of silence and I nodd. He leaned forward and kisses my right cheek and walks away. I was frozen until I heard the shriek of Isabella who was only a few feet away, she glares at me before flinging her hair over her shoulder and stompes away.

I smile to myself as I walk into class still ignoring the few whispers as I sit down by one of the desks in the back row.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm back from an unofficial break and i am still in a 'summer vacation' mood so the updates won't be as frequent as they used to be before the summer vacation started.

Links:
Sarah's Outfit

PLEASE COMMENT :D