Status: HIATUS

The Life of An American Orphan.

No One To Fake.

Jen’s P.O.V
”Hurry up please Matt’s going to be here soon.” I usher Sarah as I sit in a chair in front of the mirror.

“Relax, there is still an hour left and all that’s left is your hair.” Sarah say standing behind me while brushing my hair.

“Just make it look good please. I don’t want it to be too much but I don’t want it to look too casual.” I say and look at her through the mirror.

“Once again relax. I know what I’m doing ok.” She says looking at me through the mirror while starting to fix my hair.

“I know I’m just nervous since I’ve never been to one of these things before. What if I make a fool out of myself?” I ask with a look of worry on my face.

“You won’t. You’re going to be absolutely fine trust me.” She says.

“I still can’t help being nervous” I say and look at myself in the mirror and I have to admit that so far I look better than I ever before.

“That’s understandable and it’s ok to feel like that y’know.” She replies.

“Yeah” I say sighing.

Time went by and I silently sat in the chair waiting for Sarah to finish my hair up. A lot of thoughts went through my mind in the short time and that didn’t exactly help me, I just got more and more nervous as time went.

“And you’re done.” Sarah says with a smile on her face.

“Whoa you’re really good with hair” I say as I look at my awesome hair.

“Thanks.” Sarah says getting a little red in her cheeks.

“So what are you doing tonight?” I ask.

“Nothing just hanging around with my bud.” She says jokingly and I laugh.

“No seriously.” I say and she shrugs.

“Dunno, might be online the whole time. Maybe I’ll go out with Leyla.” She says referring to a friend of hers.

“Jennifer there is a handsome boy in a suit by the door asking for you.” Karen (who works at the orphanage) yells up the stairs.

“Coming!” I shout back and the nervousness that I felt couldn’t be explain, I could also feel my breath quickening.

Sarah shoots up from the bed that she had been sitting on and puts her hands on my shoulder.

“Look at me.” She demands and I look at her.

“Now repeat after me, everything is going to be fine.” She says.

“Everything is going to be fine” I repeat.

“I am going to have fun and not worry about anything tonight” She continues.

“I am going to have fun and not worry about anything tonight” I repeat.

“Great so we both see eye to eye then.” She says with a smile on her face and hugs me.

I hug her back and nod with a small laugh.

“Now go, there is a guy downstairs waiting for you” She says as she gently pushes me towards the hallway.

“Ok, I’ll text you” I say and starts walking down the hallway.

You know when you see a teenage girl going down the stairs of her home on her way to prom with the boy of her dreams, how it’s all in slow motion, mysterious and romantic. That’s exactly how I feel as I walk down the stairs even though I’m not heading for prom.

I’m really nervous since Matt hasn’t seen me dressed up nice and I haven’t seen him in a suit. I take a deep breath as I walk straight to him.

It feels like it’s in slow motion (probably because that’s the way I want it if I ever were to make a movie about my life.)

I look up and meet his eyes and he smiles at me, I smile back and bite my lower lip.

“Hi” I say the smile now permanent on my face.

“Wow, you look ... Beautiful” Matt say and look at me which made me blush and I bite my lower lip harder to stop myself from giggling.

“Thanks, you don’t look so bad yourself” I say feeling a little awkward saying that but Matt just chuckled and do a small twirl making me chuckle.

“Ready to go?” He asks and my hold on my clutch tightens and I nod.

“Yeah” I reply and he motioned for me to go ahead in front of him so I did.

“Oh my god” I say as I see the huge limousine that was in front of the orphanage.

“What?” Matt asks sounding a little worried.

“A limousine?” I asks almost speechless and Matt nods.

“Yeah, I thought it would be awesome. Well more awesome than my car” He says and shrugs like it’s nothing and I just smile.

“Ladies first” He says opening the door for me and I walk in the door with a small “thanks.”

“Oh wow, I’ve never been in a limo before.” I say as I sit down and look around.

“That’s actually good to hear.”Matt says as he close the door and I look at him weirdly.

“What?” I ask and he laughed a little.

“People expect me to have the best of the best just because my family is rich.” He say and I nod understanding.

“But you would rather be normal.” I say making it sound more like a question than finishing his sentence.

“Yeah, material things aren’t that important to me.” He says and I nod again.

“So I’ve noticed” I say and give him a small smile which he returned.

“So, are you nervous?” He asks and I bite my lower lip and nod.

“Of course, I’ve never been to one of these things before. I’m scared of making a fool out of myself.” I admit quietly.

“All you have to do is just relax and everything will go smooth” Matt says taking my hand in his which made me look up at him. I met his eyes and we look at each other for what feels like hours but in reality was only seconds.

“Mr. Sanders we have arrived” The driver announces making us loose our eye contact.

Matt gently lay my hand back in my lap and smiles at me.

“Here we go” He says walking out the door and holds it open for me.

“Thanks” I say quietly as I walk out the car.

I stand in front of the limo and looked up at the huge mansion in front of me, it looked luxurious and did I say huge?

“Holy Crap” I say quietly and Matt chuckles.

“It may be big but, its home” He says and I just look at the big mansion.

“I’m sorry dude this is not a home, this is a castle” I state and look at him with wide eyes.

He laughs for a few seconds and shakes his head a little.

“M’lady” He says giving me his left arm.

I smile with a blush coming to my cheeks and snake my arm around his and we start to walk into the huge castle house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not quite happy with this chapter, but it's 8:34 AM and i still haven't gone to bed ;D

LINKS:
Jennifer's Outift;HERE
Jennifer's Hair and make up; HERE
Matt's Tuxido (with a black tie and not bow);HERE
The house/mansion/castle;HERE