Status: HIATUS

The Life of An American Orphan.

Put That Record On Spin, 'Cause I Am Ready To Party.

Jen’s P.O.V
”So tell me dear, how do you and Matthew know each other?” His mother Kim asked me as she lead me to one of the chairs by their table.

“Uhm well, he helped me out when we were playing basketball in gym.” I replied and kept my eyes on Matt who was standing by the doors talking to his father whose name was Gary.

Now I am not a person to judge the book by its cover but Matt’s dad gave me a weird vibe. He didn’t act like I saw him act on TV, when he talked he sounded so professional and had a little tense tone which is also how he acted. I think Matt’s dad is somewhat of a workaholic or something.

“Oh yes, Matthew and his basketball.” Kim said and laughed gently.

“What are you ladies talking about?” Matt’s father said as both of them sat down at the table.

“Just about how Matthew and Jennifer met” Kim replied which made me blush a little because the way she said it made it sound like we were dating.

“Let me guess, it had something to do with baseball.” Gary said laughing and Matt coughed a little.

“Basketball dad” He said.

“Oh yeah, right. Basketball, baseball, it’s all the same.” Gary said throwing a little laugh and Kim giggled a little.

I looked at Matt and he just smiled at me, which I of course returned. He motioned to the table where different drinks where and I nodded.

“Well me and Jennifer are going to get some drinks” Matt replied standing up and offered me his hand which I took and smiled in thanks and we started to walk towards the refreshment table.

“Your parents seem nice” I said with a smile.

“They are” He said with a smile on his face and then I heard him mumbling something.

“Huh?” I asked looking at him and he just shook his head.

“Nothing, so what would you like to drink?” He asked leaning on the bar.

“Jack Daniels?” I asked and he laughed.

“Sorry, open bar is just for adults” He said and I faked a disappointment.

“Ah nuts” I replied.

“How about something child friendly like soda?” He said and I looked at the bartender who was pouring soda into a fancy glass.

“Well if I get it in that fancy glass then ok.” I said and he chuckled.

“Alrighty then” He said and turned to the bartender.

I looked around the room and saw that most of the people in this room were over 30. The only “kids” here is Matt’s friends, Brian’s girlfriend, Johnny’s girlfriend and two others that I don’t know who was.

“Here you go” Matt said snapping me out of my thinking and handed me a fancy glass filled with Fanta.

“Thank you” I said smiling

“Yo yo M-bone” The guy known as Jimmy shouted and I noticed how all of them were walking towards us and I must say that they clean up real good. All of the guys were wearing classic tuxedos with black ties (Zack had a black bow) and the girls had on beautiful dresses.

“M-bone… Really?” Johnny asked with his arm around Maria.

“What else should I call him J-bone?” He asked looking down at Johnny.

“Oh god” Brian said and hid his head in the neck of Emily.

“Why the long face B-bone?” Jimmy asked and my smile just got bigger and bigger.

“Excuse me, can I have everybody’s attention please” A man that looked like he was in the mid 50’s said while gently tapping his spoon on his champagne glass.

Everyone’s head turned to the stage and the man started talking about how honored he was that such a respected man as Mr. Sander chose his charity.

“And now I want all of us to raise our glasses and make a toast to the wonderful Mr. Sanders” He finished and held his glass up in the air.

“To Mr. Sanders” Everybody choired.

“Bottoms up!” Jimmy yelled and downed his glass of whatever it was he had in it.

Everyone’s eyes were now on Jimmy and he had a sheepishly smile on his face.

“And now it’s time for dinner” The man in his mid 50’s said still standing on the stage.

“We’ll talk to you later” Matt said and they nodded going off to their table and Matt softly grabbed my elbow leading me to the table.

“Wow, that speech was..”

“Boring?” Matt said interrupting me.

I nodded “Yeah” Matt chuckled and helped me sit down.

“Matthew for the future I would like for your friends not to embarrass me at moments like these.” Gary said sounding scarily calm just as he took a seat.

I looked at Matt and I couldn’t pin the expression on his face but that soon changed as he met my eyes. I gave him a small smile and he returned it but his dimples didn’t show, I jumped a little as an arm came in front of my face and a plate was set in front of me.

“Dig in” Kim said cheerily looking at me and I smiled looking at her and started to eat.
♠ ♠ ♠
I Miss Jimmy :'(

LINKS:
Emily's Outfit; HERE
Maria's Outfit; HERE