‹ Prequel: Animal I Have Become
Status: On the works.

Mind Games

Blackout

"Transfer student?" Miles asked and eyed her with scrutiny. "Canada?"

"America," Renesmee corrected him as she took a seat in front of him.

"We love America," Sidney munched on his hotdog. "Which part are you from?"

"Really? Why?" she tried changing the subject.

One thing she's learnt from her family was not to reveal too much about her. And why would she break that tradition to some people she's just met?

"Look, there's Bryan," Miles interrupted and when she turned to look at him, he quickly looked away from her towards something behind her.

"What the heck happened to you, dude?" Ryan asked and she turned to see this guy with black spiked hair walking towards them.

His face was kind of messed up - his left cheek had purple bruises and his lips is swollen.

"Perrywinkle happened," he mumbled and took a seat next to her. "And detention."

"What'd he do again?" Ryan questioned with a frown on his face.

It was obvious that no one in this group had liked this Perrywinkle person so much. Even Wynter had a certain look on her face.

"That jock and his muttonhead buddies deserves a beating!" Sidney added.

"I've given him a taste of my fury too, so I guess detention's worth it," Bryan grinned and turned to face Renesmee for the first time and his smile disappeared. "Who's this?"

"That's Renesmee," Wynter said again.

"Nessie," a new voice spoke up and all eyes are on Boone. "She prefers to go by Nessie."

With that he stood up, grabbed his black AC/DC hoodie and walked away from the table and out of the room. As soon as he is gone, everyone resumed to their conversation.

"That's a first," Ryan said to himself and Miles nodded his head.

"He rarely speaks," Miles explained when he saw the confused expression on her face.

"Nessie," Bryan called and she turned to face him. "A lovely name. My aunt's husband was a Cullen too."

"No kidding," Nessie's eyes widened in pure disbelief.

"Nope," Bryan then smiled a friendly smile at her.

"Hey are we still on for tonight?" Sidney asked looking at Nessie and whispered, "Today's clubnight."

"Hell yeah," Bryan took a sip of Pepsi and patted lightly on her back. "And Nessie's coming along!"

Her smile faded as she quickly shook her head.

"Oh, no. I've uh - I've got something on tonight," she lied.

"With who?" Sidney asked.

"With uh - family," she quickly made her lie seem real. "My family - it's my mom's birthday today."

"Maybe some other time then," Miles smiled and she nodded her head.

Just then, the school bell rang. She let out a sigh of relief when everyone started dispersing to different directions and felt a little light-headed all of a sudden.

"Are you coming?" Wynter asked, looking down at her.

"Uh, yeah. Go ahead first. I'll catch up later," Nessie forced out a smile and watched as Wynter walked off to their next class.

She walked down the hallway and went into the ladies room, heading straight towards the sink. There, she dropped her bag onto the ground and steadied herself by holding onto the sink.

Her vision blurred so she shook her head and repeatedly rubbed her eyes to try to regain her sight.

Why does she feel like she is about to drop unconcious anytime?

She leaned forward, turning on the rusted tap and reached out for the running water with both her palms. With one quick motion, she threw her palm full of water to her face, wiping them soon after.

Her head started to throb harder and she stumbled to the side a little, but managed to hold onto the sink for support.

When she looked at herself at the mirror, she jumped in shock when she saw the dark handsome man from her dreams behind her.

Quickly turning around, the man was gone. Her breaths start to detoriate. She turned around and shook her head again. She was starting to see stars.

And just like that, she fell onto the floor and blacked out.

::::


"My lady," a voice called out for her and Renesmee opened her eyes.

The same man from her dreams was sitting next to her, finger-combing her hair while staring at her with adoration.

Renesmee sat upright of bed immediately and pulled away from him, grabbing the pillow next to her. She watches as his eyes wandered to her rigid body to the pillow in her hands.

"What are you going to do, beat me to death with the pillow?" he smirked his annoying smirk as he stood up and walked towards the window a few feet away from the bed.

He's right, she thought glumly and dropped the pillow from her grip.

He started walking until he was at the door of the room.

"Shall we go out for a cup of tea?" the man turned to her and put out his hand for her to take.

Since this is another dream of hers, she should just go on with it.

She slowly stood up towards him, but did not take his hand. Instead, he huffed and opened the door, ushering her out like any gentleman would in the olden days.

"So what is this now, a house?" Nessie asked, looking around at the brown wooden floorboards and the dark red walls.

"A mansion to be exact," he replied and looked at her with a funny look on his face. "You don't remember any of these?"

She looked around at the antique furnitures around the house and felt a sense of dejavu.

"I don't - know," she admitted, not taking her eyes off the place.

He led her into the library of the house and again, another case of dejavu swept over. They walked straight and out of the library that leads to a staircase down which eventually leads to the back door.

As soon as they walk out of the house, the first thing she noticed was the clouds up above. It was bright even though there was no sun up in the sky. She could smell the freshness of the air - it felt like heaven.

She felt him pull her and when she opened her eyes, right in front of her was a table with two chairs on each side. She watched as he pulled one out for her and for the sake of it, she sat on the chair.

He walked over to the other chair and sat down resting one hand on the table, not taking his eyes off her at all.

"How are you?" he asked, all serious in his voice causing her to feel a little taken aback. "How is your life?"

She picked up the cup of tea in front of them, taking a sip.

"I think I just fainted or something," she frowned and looked up at him. "Did you do this to me?"

At first, she saw him stare at her in disbelief but he quickly smiled.

"Do you think I did that to you?" he questioned back, making her face crumple in annoyance.

"I appreciate you not questioning me back -" she put the cup down, dropping a few drops of tea onto her white blouse in the process.

"I asked you a question first," he interrupted.

She took a deep breath, reminding herself to make sure she has his name before she wakes up.

"Let's play a game," she suggested and when he sat up straight, she knew she has his attention. "It's called Five Questions."

"Boring," he dragged the word with a high pitch voice.

"And after all five questions answered, you can ask for anything -"

"Anything?' he smiled widely, raising both his brows.

"Anything," she agreed, reminding herself that it was just a dream.

"Okay, I'm gamed."

"Why are you always coming to my dreams?"

"Because you belong to me. You're my Princess."

"Stop calling me that," she got a little irritated. "Why do you always call me that?"

"Don't you feel that somehow, deep inside - you know you're meant for something bigger?" he replied with another smirk and showed his index and middle finger. "That's two questions. Three more to go sweetheart."

"What?" she got confused.

"You asked me why I'm always in your dreams - you asked me why I always call you my Princess of Darkness. And now I've just answered your third question."

"No! No, that's not fair! I only asked you one question!" she argued but he shook his head.

"You said five questions. There was no rules and I played it fairly," he seemed amused by her sudden outburst.

She opened and closed her mouth - no voice coming out. He was right, in a way. She did ask him three questions even though she did not realize it. She had to think fast. What does she really need to know about him?

"What do you want from me?"

"To see how you are. I'm feeling stronger now. As soon as I get enough strength, I will claim what's mine," his eyes burned with passion. "Your last question, my Princess."

"Wh - Who are you?"

She felt someone pull her up to stand as someone wrapped his arm around her waist from behind - it was the man. He leaned his face to her neck and took a deep breath.

"Damon," he answered and she felt a chill down her spine. "Damon Salvatore."


"Nessie!" someone shook her to conciousness and she opened her eyes in shock. Reaching out to her neck and then to her white blouse, she noticed the brown tea stain on them.

Was it really just a dream or a coincidence?
♠ ♠ ♠
-EDITED-
: I've edited some parts out.

x