‹ Prequel: Animal I Have Become
Status: On the works.

Mind Games

Back From The Dead

It was dark all around and oxygen wasn't present at all.

But where is he?

If this isn't Earth, then surely it must be hell.

"Damon," a voice bellowed all around him.

He struggled to move but it was as though he was bound by some invisible rope - it didn't help that he's 'blind' either.

"Who's there?" his voice sounded hoarse, like he hasn't drank for centuries.

His throat felt dry - he needed to drink... blood.

His dark surrounding started to swirl all around, color slowly changing to the color red - the color of blood.

Faces of people he doesn't realize start to appear before him one after another - like a movie being fast-forward - people he don't seem to know. Piercing screams filled his eardrums, causing him to lift up his hand to cover his ears.

"Damon," the voice was standing right next to him, causing him to jump in shock.

He quickly turned to see his father Giuseppe Salvatore glaring down at him.

"Father," he pushed aside the pain he was feeling in his body and forced a smile. "I understand why I'm in here, but you - well, I'm surprised to see you in Hell."

"This is not a time for jokes, boy!" Giuseppe scolded him.

"Who said I was making a joke?" Damon frowned sincerely.

The piercing screams continued to fill the void but Damon was somehow becoming immune to it.

"Where did I go wrong in bringing you up," Giuseppe was almost speaking to himself, much to Damon's surprise.

"Maybe if you showed more concern for me than your other son - " Damon started but the images around him started to distort again.

He was now in the meadow - the meadow....

Hybrid, he thought and without realizing, his eyes scanned the place for her.

"I have no time for this, Damon," Giuseppe had interrupted his thoughts.

"Of course you don't," Damon replied with no hint of humor in his voice. "When have you ever had the time for me?"

Per vox of quinque elementum;
Terra, Unda, Ventus, Incendia quod Vita.


Latin chants were heard all around and again, his surrounding changing yet again - this time, he was at the mansion in Forks.

"Damon, listen -" his father's voice sounded urgent.

EGO voco vos revenio, redeo volo.
Quod per is vitualamen ut EGO largior super vos.


The chants grew louder and louder, his head started to spin wildly.

"You have to ... your brother... an eye on her," Giuseppe's could not be heard properly.

Brother? And eye on her? What exactly did he have to do?

EGO to order vos ut orior oriri ortus ex sepulchrum!

There was flashes of lightning all around. One that was purple in color seemed to be heading straight for him. He felt his eyes widened as the jolt of electricity hit him and everything went completely white.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter's quite long so I've decided to split it into two parts.

In case you did not realize, I've slightly edited the past two chapters.

pepper_2008, cobra9874, livelovebam4life, catgarcia12 -
THANK YOU for your comments both negative and positives. (:

Comment please! It helps give me inspiration to continue the story!
(: