‹ Prequel: Animal I Have Become
Status: On the works.

Mind Games

Nightmare

FLASHBACK

Damon crept up the stairs to go into the library in the house. Since Kathralyn was out for the day, he had to use this opportunity to look at the book she had told him about.

"Stefan used to live here after you died. But I managed to get them off the property," Kathralyn said with a smug look on her face.

She looked up at him while he sat on the chair of the study desk studying her every move with scrutiny.

"How?" Damon couldn't help himself.

"How I did the impossible by bringing someone back to life?" Kathralyn questioned him back with a smart-ass attitude.

"Easy. I got the spell from an ancient book sitting in your library," she answered without waiting for his.

"Ancient book?" Damon laughed it off. "There's no such thing. I've been through the library and there's no ancient book in there at all."

"Maybe you didn't look at the right place," Kathralyn was eyeing him with scrutiny now.

He walked into the library and immediately started on the search. There are two roads for him right now.

One, he had to search for the book to see if there's any spell that could help him find where the hybrid is at.

Or two, Kathralyn had been lying to him and that no books ever existed.

With his vampire speed and sight, he searched for the book in high and low places. He even searched for it in the drawer to the few desks located in the room.

No such books could be found.

Kathralyn had deceived him. She knew he would look for it and so she lied about it.

Reaching for the nearest desk, he grabbed it and threw it across the room, causing the desk to be broken into pieces. That was when something caught his attention.

Amongst the broken pieces of wood lay a black book that seemed to be a millenia's old. He furrowed his brows and slowly walked towards it as though he was afraid that the book would bite.

He reached out and held the book, feeling its rough texture before looking at the front of the book: Libri of Atrum Professio

He flipped through the pages of the book, reading a neatly scribbled handwriting that could've been from the owner of the book.

There were so many spells in there - a love spell, how to put a terrible hex on someone, how to bring someone back from the dead and so on.

But none of these had mattered to him. He just needed to find one spell - just one important spell.

He stopped at a page when the bold letters caught his attention : To walk into someone's dream.

He continued reading the paragraph with excitement building up deep inside him.

Ingredients:

A photo of the subject
A drawing of a pentagram big enough for you to be in it
5 black candles on each end of the pentagram
A standing mirror placed outside the pentagram
Your blood

- Light up the candles in a dark room and place the photograph on the mirror
- Smear your blood on the photograph and say these words exactly as they are
"Per meus cruor ut an vitualamen quod photo of "Put subject name here" ut meus therma, volo ineo suussomnium qua is est."
- Close your eyes and broaden your mind.


A few minutes later, the things were all set down at the basement of the mansion.

Dark room - check.
Five black candles - check.
Big pentagram in the middle of the room - check.
Photo -

He realized that he never really had a picture of the hybrid and as he was about to slam his fist onto the wall in anger, he remembered something.

A wedding photo of them -that had to work, right?

He ran up to the master bedroom and back down within a few seconds using his vampire speed and he looked at the photograph he held in his hands.

She didn't look like a happy bride in the picture, but it would have to suffice for now.

He lit up the candles, placed the photo on the mirror and took a dagger he had in his pocket, slitting his palm before he smeared it onto the photograph, chanting the words carefully.

Wind that came from absolutely nowhere was blowing across his face, causing his hair to mess up a little. He kept chanting the words repeatedly, his eyes closed and he pictured the hybrid.

:::

-Present-

The spell obviously worked since he had been doing it for the past couple of weeks. Every single visit into her dreams made him want to find her even more.

But he wasn't strong enough to leave the mansion. He looked over at his naked fingers, pissed at the fact that Stefan had decided to take his ring without his permission.

Sure, he was dead not long ago, but what gave that idiot brother of his the right to take his possession?

It was time to visit the hybrid in her dreams again. He did the process he learn by heart and within seconds, he was standing in the meadow where they had met for the second time in Forks.

He was smiling to himself when he saw her in a white lacy dress, sitting on the ground just admiring the scenery before them.

"Damon," she said and he couldn't help it when his dead heart almost thumped.

She sighed in defeat and shook her head. "I don't know who you are or why I keep dreaming of you."

He frowned but wiped it off as he took a seat next to her and took in the sunset before them.

"You will after I get my strength," he stopped talking and peered at her over his shoulders. "Ask your family. I'm sure they'd be more than thrilled to talk about me."

They stared at each other in the eyes and he leaned closer to her. She didn't move at all but just as their lips were about to touch, she quickly shook her head and pulled away.

"Stop it," she cried out as she stood up in horror. "Stop compelling me!"

He arched an eyebrow with a grin. "I wasn't - maybe you wanted to kiss me on your own accord."

He stood and walked towards her as she took steps backwards until her back was against a tree.

"Maybe you felt like there was something between us and maybe deep inside, you know that we have a connection," Damon breathed into her face his minty breath and he could hear her hold her breath.

Their nose touched and then, without warning he leaned down again, this time their lips met with so much yearning and passion.

But just before he could force his tongue into her mouth, she pushed him back again and shook her head.

"You should stop visiting me in my dreams. I don't want to see you," she looked away with some unknown emotion in her eyes.

"Are you sure?" he mocked, taking steps towards her again.

"I'm engaged."

At those exact words, he stopped walking towards her with a frown. Then he smiled.

"You are such a great liar," he laughed but did not made any effort to walk towards her.

"Damon," he saw her dared herself to look into his eyes. "Look into my eyes and tell me if I'm lying - I'm engaged to Jacob; my imprinted other."

That was all it took for his face to turn into pure fury. His handsome features changed into something worse than an animal - his eyes black as the midnight sky, his barring canine teeth and the angry snarling sounds he was making.

He was in front of her in an instant and glared into her eyes. Even she looked scared of him. He reached out for the tree behind her and pulled it out from its position and threw it across the other side of the meadow, creating a loud bang followed by the vibration of the ground they stood upon.

The tree to his left wasn't shown any mercy either - he slammed his fist across the tree causing it to break into half.

"How could you?" his voice boomed and he began breaking things around them.

He turned and was about to land a punch when he realized that the only thing standing around him now was the hybrid - he had almost hit her on her face but stopped just in time.

Breathing heavily, he forced an emotion building deep inside him away from his thoughts.

His handsome features were back but he shook his head and started backing away from her.

"I hope you're happy with him, Renesmee," Damon whispered softly before he turned and started walking away from her. "I really hope you are."
♠ ♠ ♠
Nikki, X.Riley.X , Mandii and needxmorexparamore - thank you for your comments!

So what do you think's going to happen now? :D
Comments are appreciated.
Else, I'd feel underappreciated D:
Kidding! (;