‹ Prequel: Animal I Have Become
Status: On the works.

Mind Games

World So Cold

Damon stood up, fury written all over his face. With a loud snarl, he ran towards the mirror and threw it to the side and it shattered to bits and bits of pieces onto the ground.

He screamed out loud.

Then whilst screaming, he went for the candles kicking it all across the room before he ran with full force against the wall, punching with his knuckles at the same time.

His knuckles was bleeding and it began to numb but it didn't matter. Nothing mattered anymore.

After a minute of doing so, he rested his head against the wall with his eyes shut tightly.

Stupid! How stupid! he scolded himself, gritting his teeth before he fell to the ground.

How can I, Damon Salvatore be so stupid?

And then, just like that, he broke down silently to himself, his face buried between his knees.

That dog...

How dare he.

And that hybrid. That stupid, ignorant little brat of a hybrid.

How could she?

"And you're crying because?" a voice broke him out of his thoughts, causing him to quickly wipe away the wetness on his face.

He looked up, his face showed no signs of emotion nor was there any grin on his face.

"I wasn't crying," he muttered under his breath, getting up.

"Sure you are -"

"I AM NOT -" he interrupted her.

He was in front of her within a nano-second slamming both his palm on the wall with her in between his arms as he glared at her. She looked up at him, a little taken aback and he simply gritted his teeth.

"Angry," he finished and moved away from her.

Shaking his head to get rid of the current situation, he decided that he was hungry. And he needed to feed.

Then, without a word, he grabbed his leather jacket and left the room - into the woods.

He was so hungry - so damn hungry. He'd prefer females to males; young females. But tonight, anyone would do.

He could hear a party a few miles into the woods - or at least, a group of junkies partying in the woods.

He headed towards the sound, not caring that the dawn is breaking anytime soon. Like a predator he was, one by one, all the junkies was his prey.

They screamed and begged for mercy.

"Trust me, what I'm doing is mercy for junkies like you," he said the word 'junkie' with disgust before he fed on another.

He drained them dry, but he was still hungry.

There was a crack coming from the east side of his direction. He didn't look up. He knew who it was.

In fact, he could smell the horrible stench radiating off them from miles away, running to aid the now-dead junkies.

Growls could be heard all around him.

Yes, they are indeed surrounding him so that he wouldn't escape. But why would he escape?

Nothing mattered anymore.

Not Katherine or his brother or his brother's fiancee or that hybrid.

Nothing.

The wolves moved closer to him, making gutteral sounds from their throat. He couldn't help but to laugh out loud and put out his arms as though he was telling them to hurt him.

"Come on," he laughed and clicked his tongue like anyone would do to call their dogs to come over. "I won't even fight back."

A big black wolf barred its canine teeth in anger, crouching.

"Come on," Damon whispered and stared directly into the black wolf's eyes.

"No!" a voice yelled from the distance but the wolves stopped, nonetheless.

Both Damon and the black one turned and saw Kathralyn running towards them.

"Sam," Kathralyn stepped in between Damon and the black wolf, looking at it in the eye.

The black wolf hissed in anger but made no move to come closer.

"You owe me a favor, Sam," Kathralyn said with authority. "You owe me."

Damon just stood behind her, laughing to himself like everything was just funny to him.

"Sam," she said again and then the wolf huffed and looked away before looking back at them.

Then, it barred its canine teeth to Damon as a warning before backing away.

As soon as the dogs were gone, Kathralyn grabbed Damon by his jacket and slammed him against a tree.

"What the hell were you thinking?" she growled but Damon made no effort to fight back.

She looked down at the bodies before looking up at the sun that was about to rise from the horizon.

"We'll talk about that back in the mansion," she shook her head and tried to pull him with her. "Come."

He did not budge.

She looked at the horizon again before turning her gaze to him.

"HEY! You don't have a ring with you!" she grumbled, still trying to pull him away. "What? You want to die now? Is that it?"

He didn't move and he wasn't laughing at all either.

"Damon!" she said, cupping his face to make him look at her. "Damon, look at me."

He looked into her eyes but still showed no emotions on his face.

"She had no right to do this to you," she cooed. "But you shouldn't be so stupid to let her get away with hurting your feelings."

"I don't have feelings," he slapped her hands away and started walking.

"Then get over it! Or make her pay!" she protested and he stopped walking. "You're Damon Salvatore. Making people lives miserable is what you're good at."

With her last sentence sinking in, he realized that she was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mandii, needxmorexparamore, Kayla and Yiana, I love you guys for commenting. I swear!

Comment or I'll send Sam and his pack to hunt you down ;)