Status: Being Re-written:)

Save Me

02

Caige sniffled softly to herself as she slowly gathered her discarded clothes from the wet ground and pulled them on over her shaking abused body. She watched as the final man reached the mouth of the alley, without a backwards glance at her. This is it. She told herself as she slowly followed the third un-named man, her limbs aching with every movement.

The three men had taken their turn with her and had graciously thanked Jay when they were each finished with her. They had used her separately, which was the only rule he had, and now they were retreating into the dark. The dark eyed man glanced mercilessly back into the shadows of the alley watching her sluggish form move closer to him. When she reached the mouth of the dark back way, a small bit of light hit her face from the street lamp perched beside him.

Her crystal blue eye’s no longer held the sparkle that was once there, and her once beautiful perfect skin was now blotched with both old and new bruises. In the back of his mind Jay knew he should have felt pity for the small girl in front of him, but he couldn’t. All he felt was anger that other men had touched her the way only he should have been aloud.

It never entered his sick and twisted mind that his thoughts were nonsensical. The way he saw it, it was all her fault that she went through what she did. It made no sense whatsoever, but to him it was perfectly logical to feel the anger and the hate that he did.

Caige saw the look in his eyes; she saw it and immediately knew what it meant. And for the first time in the past few months she reacted to it.

“Stop it Jay.” She hissed angrily. After holding everything in for so long, Caige was finally going to let it out. “What did you say?” He mouthed back just as hateful. “I. Said. Stop. It.” Jay’s fist immediately snaked out and hit her straight on. He watched as she fell to the ground with a thud and spit up blood. It spread out through the cracks on the ground and was washed away with the rain.

She was defiant now. If he was going to hit her then fine, she might as well go down trying, because she was finally done with this. All of this. Caige hastily got back on her feet and moved a few feet away from her disease, the man that had sucked away everything until there was nothing left but a rotting corpse.

“I loved you, you know.” She whispered. Her voice coming out raspy and weak as she gazed into his once kind eyes. They held nothing but malice now. “I loved you Jay!” She screamed out startling herself, but she realized that it felt good to yell. It felt good to get it out.

“Why did you do this to me?” Her voice became louder with every word she spoke, searching for answers she knew he did not have, and yet she needed to get them out, needed them to be vocalized. Her legs carried her forward and Jay had half the mind to step backwards.

“What did I ever do to deserve this? Why do you pass me around like nothing?” Her voice began to crack with how loud her voice had reached, never had it been so loud before. Not even when she had tried to fight off the men Jay sent her to, not when she had tried to fight off Jay himself.

“Why do you let them rape me? I loved you! Do you not understand?” She was crying now. Hysterical tears running down her face as her voice scratched and rasped and broke from the use.

Jay stared at her with a scowl. He did not know the answers to her questions; all he knew was that it made him feel powerful and strong. Made him feel like a man. He did the only thing he could think of, he lashed out and hit her again. This time she willingly went to the ground and stayed there, watching through tear stained eyes as he looked down at her.

Confusion swept over his mind and for the first time ever, he wondered if what he was doing was right. “I hope you’re happy.” Caige finally whispered as she lay on the cold hard ground.

Something inside of Jay finally snapped then, hearing her say those four simple words. He grew outraged with himself and began to kick at Caige. She did nothing but lay there and curl up into a ball as his foot made contact with her ribs over and over. A sickening snap sounded in the otherwise quiet night and her vision went black with pain.

Jay had abandoned her ribs and stomped on her small leg, hoping to hear the sound of a bone breaking. When the snap reached his ear a smile fell across his face. He breathed the night air in deeply, it was so calm and peaceful, despite the cries of the broken girl on the ground.

This had all happened in a rapid pace of time. Although it seemed to drag on for hours in Caige’s mind, it was really only a few minutes. Little did she or Jay, for that matter, know that a group of men had heard the screams of the young girl before climbing aboard their bus.

This group of men had heard the words of the woman and came to the conclusion that it was just a scuffle among a couple and decided that it was none of their business. When they heard no more words being said, they climbed on their bus and settled in as it lurched to start. Unkowning of the fact that their lives were about to change and that they were about to save a life.

Jay looked up startled, as a flash of headlights ran down the street. With the rain falling down the bus driver could barely make out the dark figure on the side of the road ahead of him, but what scared him more was dark mass crumpled on the ground before him. With dark grey eyes the bus driver slowed to a crawl and watched as the figure darted away from the mass in front of him and ran in the opposite direction.

As he came to a stop his head lights illuminated the thing on the ground. He studied it for a moment and then gasped loudly when he saw it twitch. It was a person he realized, and then he suddenly came upon the realization that he had saved this person from possibly being killed.

“Boys!” He barked from the drivers’ seat of the bus as he stood and opened the door. Two of the men came toward him with questioning eyes. Both men were quiet large, one more so than the other, and both were covered in tattoos. “Do we have another flat?” The larger of the two asked. The man shook his head and pointed out the large windshield, not really sure how he could explain to them what he had just saw.

“What is that?” The brown eyed man asked.

A blinding light summoned Caige from whatever consciousness she had been in. Her body ached and she knew she had to somehow get herself away from this place. Before some of Jay’s friends found her, or Jay himself came back. She wasn’t entirely sure why he had run off but she was thankful for it as she slowly tried to get to her feet. Her arms were weak and trembled as she raised herself, it was a failed attempt as her arms gave out from underneath her.

Back on the bus the two men gasped and immediately ran out the bus doors to help the person in the road. What they saw when they reached the unfamiliar person in the road was enough to break both of their hearts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?