Status: Complete. (:

Hold up My Heart

Seventeen.

“You sure you don’t want to come back with me?” Karina asked with a small smile. How stupid could my best friend get? It’s been five hours since I was last at Jacob’s. Embry was coming to pick up Karina and take her to Emily’s place for awhile.

Giving her a look of disapproval, I rolled my eyes and mouthed a ‘no’ in my response. Karina shrugged her shoulders and grabbed her bag, her eyes not once leaving mine.

“Go have fun, I’ll be here the whole night,” I muttered.

“I didn’t say you couldn’t go anywhere, Ara, I just don’t want you going to the Shack or somewhere where you could get hurt,” Kari explained with a sad smile. “Now what are you not going to do?” She asked with a small giggle and a smirk.

I groaned, giving an eye roll and recited, “I won’t go anywhere, where there is a possibility of being raped, stabbed, killed, kidnapped, hurt, mobbed, or emotionally unstable.”

Karina nodded and smiled with approval, “Good girl, Arabella! I’m leaving my car here, so here are the keys if you need something important,” Karina threw the keys on my bed and exited my room. “Embry is here, so call me if you need anything!” She yelled from the stairs.

“’Kay,” I hollered, not as loudly. After I was sure I heard the car drive off, I hopped out of my bed and immediately rummaged through my closet for something skimpy and attractive to wear.

I was definitely not staying in tonight. Hell fucking no.

Putting on the only thing that I could find, I took one last look in the mirror and smiled, approving of how I looked. After grabbing my used brown paper bag, and my pack of cigarettes, I headed out the door with Karina’s keys in my hand.

I hadn’t driven in quite some time, only to go to the grocery store and to the bank, so I had to get used to driving again after I’d gotten into the car.

I had the smallest guilty feeling that kept reappearing in the back of my head as I drove through La Push and Forks, and into Port Angeles. Karina did tell me not to go to the Shack or anywhere that was unsafe for just about everyone. But I couldn’t pass up a chance to see Tristan again.

Once the car was parked around the corner from the Shack, I walked quickly, keeping my eyes straight in front of me. It wasn’t the smartest thing to travel by yourself and look vulnerable around here in Port Angeles, let alone anywhere.

I looked across the street of the Shack, to a small store of which held anything from gold to silver jewelry. I’d never been there myself, but the cute little shop did look appealing.

That was until I saw a large tan man walk into the store. It didn’t look like anyone I knew, I thought. And besides, what boy of the pack would be traveling all the way up here just to go look at jewelry?

So I ignored those thoughts passing through my brain and ran the last few feet to the back door of the Shack. Giving a hard knock I waited for the door to open, and when it did, I was scooped up into someone’s arms.

“Shit, Arabella, you’ve finally come back.” Tristan said with a smirk as he set me on my feet. I could feel something looking at me, but ignored it and reached onto my toes to give Tristan a long tongued kiss. I leaned back down and turned my head to look behind me, and there was the one tall buff man from the jewelry story, looking over at me with disapproval.

Rolling my eyes and ignoring who that was, I turned back around and kissed Tristan again before pulling him quickly inside.

“I really need some –“ I began, but was cut off by Dougie, who was currently out of it, and I assumed that he’d snorted a bit too much.

I chuckled as he wrapped one arm lazily around my shoulders, “Hey, baby, how you been?” Tristan, being the over-protective guy that he was, shoved Dougie off and pulled me out of the front room.

Letting myself fall on the couch, I let my eyes study over Tristan. He’d looked different from the last time I saw him. He looked the same with his muscles protruding from his shirt, and his features were more prominent from before. His skin looked more smoother than before, and it looked as if he was wearing brown contacts over some sort of red shade. But without getting into too much detail, he’d gotten even more hotter since that last time I’d been here.

“So, where is Karina?” he asked from over his shoulder. He grabbed a bottle of vodka and some drink that looked crimson red, and walked them over to where I was. Taking one, I began to drink it down like I haven’t had anything to drink in months.

“She’s with the wol- the guys from La Push. She’s found her soulmate.” I joked. But I knew I was right, Embry and Karina were meant for each other, and I hated that thing they called love.

Making a desired facial expression after drinking some of his red stuff, he said, “Well, she’s missing out here.” Giving him a questioned look he chuckled and continued, “We got some new stuff shipped down to us, and I would have called you to come down, but your phone is out of service.”

“Shit, I forgot to pay the last bill.” I ran a hand through my hair as I pulled out my phone. Yeah, it was shut off; and since there wasn’t going to be any use to it, I handed it over to Tristan and said, “Break it, I don’t need that piece of shit anyways.”

Chuckling, Tristan took it in one of his hands and instantly crushed my cell phone. I gasped as his hand completely obliterated my phone. Upon seeing my expression, Tristan threw the pieces of my phone in the nearest garbage.

“So tell me more about the new shit you’ve got.” I asked as I watched him gulp down more of his drink. He was drinking it like it was the only thing he could ever have. I was getting curious.

Reaching for a box behind the couch, Tristan placed it on his lap and pulled out a package of needles and a small glass bottle of something liquid-like. I reached forward and took the glass bottle out of Tristan’s hands. Looking at the tiny label, my face instantly flew into a grin.

“Shit! They finally got this out!” I beamed with excitement. To be honest, I was always looking forward for something new and a different way to use it. Plus, I’d never shot up cocaine before. Only speed, a few times.

Tristan chuckled, “Yeah, I haven’t tried it yet. I think I’m just going to sell this, I don’t really need it.” It’s as if my whole world turned upside down. Tristan? Not drugging himself up?

I laughed, looking at him and rolling my eyes as I took another swig of my vodka. “You’re hilarious, Tristan, really.” He didn’t look amused, or like he was joking. “Holy shit, you’re serious.” I honestly didn’t know what

He shrugged, “Yeah, I’m kind of done with it. But I’m still a fucker for selling.” Laughing lightly he took another sip of his drink, and now I was over the edge curious.

“What the hell is that?” I asked, pointing to the bottle in his hand.

He looked down at it and then back up at me, “Just some new stuff that I’ve been getting to like a lot lately.”

I smirked, “Let me try that shit,”

His eyes widened when I asked, and he shook his head no. “I don’t think it’s a good idea, Ara. You wouldn’t like it.”

“Oh, come on, just let me try it!” I whined as I reached for his hand. Considering the fact that last time, his skin was increasing in temperature, now freaked me out that he was ice cold. He snapped his harm away quickly and let out some sort of throaty growl.

My eyes widened as I absentmindedly scooted away from him. “I’m sorry, Ara.” He said quietly. I chewed on my bottom lip, not sure what just happened, but only worrying about getting out with new shit.

“It’s alright, Tristan.” I said with a timid smile. “How much is that stuff gonna be?”

Tristan, rolling his eyes and giving me a cocky grin, handed me over some of the cocaine and needles in a brown paper bag labeled Arabella.

I smiled at him as I grabbed the bag and stood up, in which he stood the same time as I did. “I better get going; Karina is going to kill me if she finds out where I was.”

Giving me a brief kiss on my lips, Tristan looked down at me and smiled. “Come back soon, okay?” I nodded up at him before leaving him alone in his back room.

Walking out of the Shack, I took a quick glance back at the jewelry shop. Thankfully, the tall dark man wasn’t there anymore. Once inside Karina’s car, I sighed; I was so ready to go back home and try some of this shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, well.
I AM SO SORRY, that it took forever to update.
I was contemplating on whether or not to keep this story going.

I hardly get feedback and no support with this, it's like you're all invisible.
I hope you know, writer's feel more accomplished and inspired when they've
got great people to support them and give them correct feedback.

I'm just saying... But here's an update, because I owe my special friends one.

<3