Status: I took this story over from a RainingAmi. Hope you like it. Active ;)

29 Ways to Get Rid of Your Roommate

I'm So Sorry

Alex's POV

I watched as her blue eyes filled with tears. Her eyes were as blue as the ocean, maybe more. They were perfect for her lovely round face. And I got to watch as they filled to the brim with tears. The tears that I had caused.

She suddenly got off my lap and ran into our bedroom, sobbing. I looked down at my lap, where she had been, and wallowed in my new sorrows. I can’t believe I made her cry. And I mean really cry. Before there had only been a few tears, but now, these were huge tears. I saw right past her usual mask, into the real Arley. I know that I really hurt her.

“Dude, you totally messed up.” Mike said. I looked up to see him and Scott staring at me.

“I know.” Was all I said before I got up and left. They knew how to get out and I needed to breathe.

.....


I walked down the campus streets. I turned towards one of the many parks on the campus and sat in the grass. I looked up into the sky and stared at the stars. I know that Arley can be a bit much sometimes, but I still didn’t have to make her cry. If only Momma could see me now. My grandma always taught me to respect women and here I was screaming at one.

I laid back in the grass and drew out the constellations. I used to do this with my dad whenever my mom was having one of her fits. She could never control what she did or said, so my dad would take me out under the stars to forget. But I couldn’t forget. I couldn’t forget how Arley’s eyes teared up because of what I said. I couldn’t forget how helpless she sounded when she shut the door, how pitiful that sob was. I had really messed up this time. She should kick me out.

.....


I walked back through the front door. Silence met my ears. I walked into the living room and saw that Mike and Scott had left. Good, I didn’t really feel like dealing with anyone right now. No one except for Arley.

I walked into our room and saw no one in there. Maybe she left somewhere. I was about to walk out when I heard a small snore come from the closet. Of course she’d be in the closet, she doesn’t have a bed. I opened the door and found her curled up in the ball on the ground. Her face was tear tracked. My heart broke at the sight.

I gently picked her up and laid her on my bed. I figure, she might as well be comfortable since I made her cry. She curled up in a ball and pulled the covers closer to her. She looked completely adorable. I walked out of the room and grabbed my keys. I know what I need to do.

.....


“Damn this thing is awkward to carry.” Scott said.

“It’s ok if it’s too heavy for you to carry.” I joked as I helped him. We were carrying a mattress up the stairs to the apartment. As soon as we got it to the door, Mike unlocked the door.

“Hold on guys, let me check to see if she’s still sleep.” I said and ran through the apartment to the bedroom. I looked in the room and saw that she still looked as adorable as before, curled up in my bed. I walked back to the front door and grabbed my end of the mattress.

“Alright guys, let’s go.” I said. Scott and I dragged the mattress to the room while Mike followed with the bedding. I decided to get her a new bed as a way to apologize. The fire had only destroyed the mattress and not the box spring or the frame. So I bought her a new mattress and new bedding.And after everything was set up, Mike and Scott bid me farewell. I walked over to my bed and sat down by it.

“Sorry. So sorry.” Arley murmured while she was sleeping. She talks in her sleep? Wow, I never knew that. I watched her sigh in her sleep and bury her face in the pillow. I laid down next to the bed with another pillow and covers. I didn’t really care that the floor was uncomfortable; I didn’t want her to wake up with me next to her. But I couldn’t bring myself to leave her alone. She just looked so heart broken, so lost.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I followed TalkNerdyToMe! 's advice and made this in Alex's point of view. I hope you like it.