‹ Prequel: Fight to the Death
Status: As of 11/6/2010 chapters 27 and 28 posted. Completed.

Death Is Never Permanent

You won't be leaving my arms...Even if you want me to let go.

Have you ever been laying in bed at night (or any time for that matter) and then all of a sudden you feel like your falling off a cliff or through the mattress and so you jump all of a sudden, like flinch even? It’s sort of like whenever someone jumps out at you from around a corner and either: 1) are all of a sudden directly in front of you or 2) they grab you...

Either way a majority of people would jump out of the sheer unexpectedness of the situation.Possibly every once and a while being scared as well.

Annnyyywwwwaaayyyyysss

This is how I was woken up the next morning...

The bed sunk down slightly and out of nowhere, I woke up feeling as though I was free falling off a cliff with an a hundred foot drop to the bottom. I flinched very noticeably and immediately sat up straight, instantly regretting it. Groaning with the extreme, sudden pressure I brought my hands up and cradled my head in my hands.

It took a moment but I realized I wasn't in my room, let alone my apartment... I also wasn't in my clothes, well I was clothed just… not in that god-awful dress anymore. Instead my body was clothed in a baggy t shit (and my leggings which hadn’t moved off of my legs thank goodness.) Hating those leggings I fidgeted in the bed pulling the elastic away from my legs while shimmying out of the constricting/tight fabric on my legs, I did this all quickly and sloppily without moving from my sitting position.

Glancing to the movement taking place to my right I froze mid pulling the fabric from off of my right foot, there was Lucas...just sitting there on the bed about a foot away from my own body, with only his boxers on. My eyes wandered over his heavily tattooed body for a split second but of course he saw my looking because all he was doing was setting there and staring at me.

“Here.” His voice was rougher than usual, probably because he had just woken up as well; he held out his hand with 2 tiny white aspirin and a glass half full with water. I shook my head ‘no’ and instead lay back down on my side facing the wall and not him, while I tried to remember everything that happened last night. I wasn’t exactly getting very far with my memories though. Lucas’s hand brushed my hip slightly making me flinch right before he asked “Are you okay?” I thought about it a moment and came to the conclusion that no, I am not really “okay” considering I was here with him in his- Oh. My. God! I moved so my back was laying flat against the bed before looking up at him, he was now hovering over my body rubbing his eyes a bit .

“What. Happened. last night?” I asked incredulously, my eyes wide and my head pounding even more as I tried harder to think of what happened. “And why the fuck does my head hurt so damn bad?” I mumbled after

“Well...” He laughed in his still crazily rough-sounding voicewhich was really fucking sexy at this very momentand I turned my head to glare at him “You got bitch drunk stupid and you went in a rage.”

“Oh really? ‘Cause my knuckles for once aren't bloody, but I still don't feel alright.” I responded to his sarcasm, throwing right back at him continuing in the form of Papa Roach lyrics “Don't play smart with me, you fucking shit head.” I sneered while he smiled, shook his head and lay down beside me, pulling me towards him.

I was propped up on my one elbow looking down at his face, searching for any form of evilness or sarcastic ' I raped you while you were incapable of doing shit and now you'll never know' thoughts. I glared at him as I asked my next question. “Why...am I in different clothes Lucas.” He groaned and put his right forearm over his eyes while his left arm wrapped around my waist loosely. I grabbed his hand and picked it up and off of my body, letting it fall with a ‘thump’ onto his chest.

“First of all, I thought we've been through the ”Lucas” thing- Don't call me it!” He groaned as he spoke “And second are you going to kill me for changing you out of that dress? I mean don't get me wrong it was hot but...” I slapped his chest, almost more like punched...yeah that's a better descriptive word. And it was hard too, my hand stings…“Ow dammit! Why do you always..” I hit him a second time, just for fun “...hit me? Stop! It’s not like I haven't seen anyone in a bra before.” He grabbed my free arm around the wrist before I could hit him again for the third time “I saw no more than I would have if you were in a swim suit.”

“What makes you think I would wear a bikini, let alone actually wear a bathing suit or swim around YOU!” I snapped, trying to get up off the bed but he wouldn't let me.

“Look I didn't do anything...”

“Then why are we in the same bed then, Lucas?” I raised my eyebrows slightly at him, truly wondering. I couldn't hold my body up anymore because my ribs hurt as did my head so I subconsciously just laid down, my head on his bare chest, without really knowing I did so. Hangovers really screw up your judgment; all anyone wants to do is get rid of the pain. Screw all you’re other morals and such.

“Cause Alex is in the guest room being the freeloader he is.” I could swear I felt his fingers running through my hair but hey, I’m probably imagining things. Right? “His friend Tyler or something is on one of the couches and Ryan is on the other I think. Ryan followed me to make sure I didn't do anything too horrible to you.” He let out a short laugh and shut up as I mindlessly began tracing the black lines of ink on his chest in my own little world. I was fascinated with the pictures created permanently on his lightly tanned skin. After a while of complete silence he broke it. “When did you get this?” He ran a finger down my side and lifted the baggy shirt I had on, up slightly to trace the tattoo on my side of ribbon-like swirls and roses.

“A couple days before I turned 16, Ale paid for it as a present.” I remember it hurting like hell because at the time I had broken ribs. Although the artist couldn’t tell, I could. I should have known better than to fight the night before and risk getting hurt like I did-but that’s me for you. I’m not a very good decision maker. I did however pass out from the pain a few times so that was at least taking the edge off a bit...it probably wasn't the smartest decision then but it doesn't matter now. I just dealt with the extra pain like I have always done.

“That's some present...”

“What’s that s'posed to mean?” I looked up and felt him shrug, his eyes closed shut.

“Nothing. Just...For a first tattoo, that's pretty brutal...awesome sure, but not what you'd expect.”

“Whoever said it was my first.” I smirked jumping up, crawling off the bed and running out of the room screaming as he followed quickly behind me, trying to catch me.

“Then where are the others?” He yelled behind me. Just as I was rounding the corner going God only knows where I ran into a body and fell to the ground in pain as my head bounced off the wood, twice.

I looked up growling inwardly to see Alex holding his forehead and eying me up and down, then looking towards Lucas smiling wickedly in his direction. Without so much as a thought, I swiped Alex's legs out from under him sending him hard on his ass onto the hardwood floors. Hey he should know from our last encounter at school not to fucking mess with me.

“Damn, fucking bitch...” Alex turned onto his stomach and rubbed his ass and lower back.

“What did I tell you, you little fucker?” I snapped pouncing towards him. I was grabbed and pulled up before I had a chance to really do anything though.

“Alex, leave her alone. And YOU leave HIM alone!” Lucas yelled at me. Hum so that's how it is huh? He’s perfectly civilized with his friends and bitchy with me; asshole. Getting out of his grip I went in search of something, anything really...although preferably the enter/exit door. Stupid name yes but what else would you call it; a front door? Hell, I don't know if I am in an apartment or house at the moment let alone whether he had a front and back door. Thus case, if there is no back door there can’t be a front one can there? Hum, see my reasoning?

“Have fun last night? Man, I need sleep; all I listened to last night was your fucking screaming “luuuucccaaaassss” all night long.” I turned and looked at Alex in a 'what the fuck are you talking about way.' “Oh you don't remember? Well that sucks to be you; I’m sure you remember Luca, don't cha?” Alex laughed and Lucas looked like he'd seen a ghost. He was deathly pale, almost translucent.

And then a bunch of events came flooding back all at once in my mind.

“I'm going to KILL you.” I threatened in a low voice, directed towards both Lucas and Alex. Not sure where to start, Alex for being a dip shit or Lucas for being the exact person I thought he was, and for him taking advantage of me while I was drunk and being idiotic.

Lucas didn't even glance my way; he just looked down at his feet seemingly ashamed. I scoffed before walking over, slapping his face and shoving him to the ground. He sat there, me standing over him, just watching sadly as I began to take all of my hatred out on him.
Hitting and punching him over and over, kicking him but not hard considering I had no shoes on and it hurt me more than him most likely. After about 10 or so minutes I was on top of his flat lying body; hitting his chest in the same places over and over, tears slowly leaked out of my eyes and then I cracked. I broke down, ceasing hitting him with my sudden immobility; I just cried.

Eventually in time Lucas sat up, causing my body to drop into his lap; his arms encircled me while he brought my face to his neck and shoulder. I fought against his touch but couldn't get away at the moment, my whole body felt numb and it painfully ached, like it was smashed into pieces.

“I didn't do anything Lena, I swear to God I didn't! I wouldn't ever do something like that to you.” He whispered in my ear. Lena, wait, he means me? Lennaaa…. Hummm. “Alex is a dick, you should know that; he was just kidding, trying to piss you off...I'm sorry. I didn’t take advantage of you... I couldn’t. Not after...” I blocked the rest out. Something tells me not to believe him, so I'm not...
Not yet anyways.

-

Lucas took me home soon after my little break down stopped. I felt weak now, like he knew my weaknesses and that alone guarantees disaster. Never let your enemies know your weaknesses or let them get close to you. Its common sense; Lucas is nothing more than an enemy to me. But still, I pretended not to be mad at him, even when I really was fuming inside. I refused to let him actually get to me.

“Take a right, no- LEFT!” He glared at me as I laughed, purposely trying to piss him off for fun. “Sorry.” I shrugged “It’s up there; you can drop me here if you want and I’ll walk.” I said expecting him to stop but he didn't.

“No.” He grumbled bluntly looking rather angry.

“It’s that one.” I said, not bothering to point. He stopped and looked around.

“You live here?” I just got out, slammed the door and walked towards my apartment building in a huff. How dare he criticize me...hell not all of us have the option of living in our own personal, humongous and fancy house, now do we? He followed me up to my floor and as I went to open the door-

“Leave. Just go Lucas.” I mumbled softly as the lock clicked and I opened the door halfway.

“Look I didn't mean it like that I just figured after fighting you would have enough money for a house instead of living her-“ I placed my hand over his mouth at the sound of another person’s voice. It wouldn’t really matter but the unknown voice was coming from within my apartment, not out of it.

I walked in cautiously; looking at the people who had apparently made themselves at home in my home.

I stopped up short and Lucas ran into me making me glare at him in a huff.
And then the intruders turned to face me and I figured out who they were.
Why are they here?
♠ ♠ ♠
Please subscribe, and comment if you want! Hope you like it.

Image < side tattoo