‹ Prequel: Fight to the Death
Status: As of 11/6/2010 chapters 27 and 28 posted. Completed.

Death Is Never Permanent

Bite My Tongue, Right Now The Perfect Time.

I started to stalk towards her but then Lucas grabbed me from behind around my hips, hauling me up into his arms as I thrashed around trying to get to her.

Then I realized something...instead of yelling to be put down SO I could get at her, I should be yelling at her instead. And so that's what I did, I started screaming until Lucas’s hand came over top of my mouth cutting my screams off into muffles. The sound was strained as I struggled to pry his fingers away and tried to bite his fingers; but nothing was working.

Meanwhile my mother just stood there shocked like I was a wild woman- and that I AM mother dearest!

“Renee take the two of them up to their room; I can’t take your little fits right now Valencia. Jared, get their bags out of their car.” She huffed as Lucas threw who I'm assuming was ‘Jared,’ the keys.

Then Lucas took me in his arms, carrying me up stairs until I fidgeted out and I felt myself dropping hard onto my hands and knees to the ground. Lucas laughed at me before grabbing my hands and pulling me back to my feet. The woman, Renee, led us to a huge bedroom and then left us there just as quickly as she ushered us towards the open door.

I was still fuming, wanting to punch anything in sight and I think she sensed that. Good for her, I give her major kuddos for not bothering me in my current state right now. My mother’s actions, however nonchalant they are, make me furious. I haven’t even been here for a whole 5 minutes and already I can't stand this hell. I punched my fist to the wall once, then ag- my forearm was grabbed before I could again like I wanted to.

“Let. Me. Go.” I hissed at Lucas. His arms held onto me tightly, holding down my arms in the process.

“Calm down, babe.” He cooed in my ear. I struggled against his arms, still trying to get away. I'll hand it to him, he has strength on me. That was my one weakness; I wasn't the strongest girl in the world.

I hated him, he needed to just let go so I could punch holes into the wall or even better, let me take on my mother, maybe even my father!

Fury does strange things to people, especially me.

He held onto me until I stopped fidgeting; I was still furious. He let go though, as he did my body dropped to the floor. I crossed my arms over my chest and sat cross-legged on the floor huffing like a 3 year old in time-out.

Lucas...

I glared at his laughing form or the first minute but then decided to ignore him entirely. He wasn’t about to get my undivided attention in any way.

A few of our bags were brought up and Lucas took them gladly from Jared before he left to go help with the remaining items in the car, leaving me alone; thank God. So I ended up making myself, dragging myself really, to the bathroom to take an ice-cold shower trying to rid myself of the madness.

I came out in a towel, around my body of course, and went straight to the bedroom.
Lucas was setting on the floor with two suitcases in front of him, going through his things.

“You're sleeping on the floor.” I stated out of the blue upon seeing him, still not sure where it came from or why I decided to make my thoughts known, now out of all times.

“No.” He said plainly not bothering to even glance up and pause in what he was doing; taking tags off of his new clothes.

“Yes!” I snapped as I went over to my suitcase zipping it open to get new, clean clothes out and shove my dirty clothes inside. Lucas never argued back.

At first it felt like an accomplishment, almost, but then the silence became unnerving. While turning back around, he was just sitting turned around towards me, staring at me. Like really staring.

“HEY! Take a fucking picture...it lasts much longer” I snapped before adding a sneering/sarcastic “…sweetheart” to the end of that statement. I stuck out my tongue after I finished my sentence. Not a moment later did he seem to snap out of the trace, going to grab an actual camera from out of his suitcase.

Ahh, I groaned. No! I didn't really mean it!

He managed to get a picture but just barely as I slammed myself into the tiny closet, which was bare as of now, so luckily I actually fit and had room to maneuver. I got changed quickly not really caring to impress my parents or family for that matter. I had on a dark purple bra under my basically see through v-necked long-sleeved white cotton top. (This “see-through-ness” was not planned by the way! I just randomly pulled out clothes and got these as a combo. I’m not about to walk back out there without being dressed either, so it’s going to have to work.) Dark vintage black skinny jeans adorned my legs. Later, I was planning on putting purple DC shoes on my feet.

Yeah, you could also see my tattoos littering my skin, just like the bra I wore, but I didn't care if my mother saw them. She hated tattoos but she couldn't do much about it could she, hum? Not now, for sure.

I walked out of the now stuffy closet, towel drying my hair. My eyes were blinded as more flashes went off. I blinked and shied away, trying to cover my face.

Looking up Lucas was smirking taking picture after picture, after picture. I flipped him off before going back over to my bag to get makeup to cover the noticeable bruises and cuts on my face and collar bones and such.

“You're the one that told me too!” He lifted his hands in an innocent gesture and took another picture as I pouted and put a hand on my hip. Then I dropped to sit on my knees in front of the full length mirror on the closet door.

After putting my hair up into a tight bun I started applying the liquid foundation all over my face, especially my jaw, cheeks and around my bruised/sleep deprived eyes.

A knock sounded at the door.

“Come in!” I yelled loud enough for whoever it was to hear. I was ready to jump up and fight (blame it on the nerves) regardless of who came in, just in case; but I wasn't prepared for who actually was on the other side. The unexpected person who immediately came inside after the go ahead was given.

The moment my cousin came in his gaze immediately met that of Lucas'. I swear they both growled as they glared at each other.

“Hi SJ.” I broke some of the tension while SJ (Sidenote- SJ was short for ‘Sancho Jacinto’- Yeah a mouth full and way too confusing to say every time, SO He is SJ.) looked over at me, I was now standing up, and he came to take me up into a huge hug. “God put me down, my ribs are killing me.” I pushed him away slightly after he sat me back on my feet. I looked over at Lucas. He didn't have a shirt on but had one held in his hand as he looked at the exchange before him with a mixture of concern, confusion and dislike. “I take it… you know each other?” I questioned in annoyance and pure shock. I wasn’t about to let my shock show though.

They both scoffed and started glaring at one another again as Lucas pulled the shirt over his upper body.

“Okay, Look!” I yelled to get both of their attentions before continuing; unfortunately the moment I talked again the glare was back in effect “THIS is the way it’s ‘gonna be. Are you listening?!” I slapped my hands together and they both looked towards me again, quickly. “Okay, I don't know how you know each oth-”

“The Club.” SJ informed me cutting me off.

“So the club. Whatever, I honestly don't care. But you will be getting along, do you understand? I don't fucking care if you beat the shit out of each ot-”

“Actually I beat the shit out of him, many of times, not the other way arou-” Lucas started cockily until I cut him off and yelled.

“I DONT CARE!”

I sighed deeply

“Somehow we all, yes all need to get though this week and I don't want either of you to get killed or try to kill each other because I really, really can’t take this” I motioned to everything “on top of everything else! Please, I am begging pleading that you both try to get along just for this week, please? Just call it truce and then you can go back to hating each other with all your fucking guts afterward...” If anything I personally would be the one killing them if this week gets any worse.

How was I supposed to know that they know each other? See just my luck, my cousin is enemies with the one person I can’t seem to get away from. I wonder if this is all happening for a reason, you know sort of like… fate?

“Fine.” Lucas muttered quietly looking away from me and back to SJ.

“Yeah I guess.” SJ said disgustedly and then they shook hands. Good, one less thing to worry about. Hopefully that is.

After that heartfelt, “bonding” time we (all 3) headed for the downstairs.

“Okay the schedule is this-.” SJ handed me a piece of paper as he walked in front of Lucas and I in the hallway; leading us throughout the house. Lucas stood over me his hand ghostly brushing against my hip as we looked at the light pink ‘itinerary.’

Everything was planned out by almost the minute. No the SECOND.

“What the fuck...” I heard whispered. “What is she some OCD schedule freak? Plan out how long you have the shower and bathroom available and at specific times, when to eat- just the “restroom usage” between 9:28 and 9:30...” He shook in disgust and like it was something creepy. And it was. “Blaire...your mother… is psychotic...” Lucas went on still whispering. I patted his chest.

“Welcome to my life.” I replied sarcastically knowing the only shit I wanted, let alone needed to know and actually would follow were the meals and parties. The “tea times,” scheduled bathroom and sleeping times can go fuck themselves. “Okay...” I tore off the top half only keeping 2pm and down. Crumpling the top portion I threw it into the nearest garbage can under some already existing garbage and then looked again noticing Lucas laughing and SJ nowhere to be found. Guess we are going exploring then. “The bridal shower is at 2pm today sooo...I'm sure you don't want to go to that, since I really don't want to either. You're going to have to find something to do while I am dragged there for hours on end.” He nodded as I looked up at his face which was staring down alternating between the paper and my face...or so I noticed.

“Tomorrow's the “family reunion” (more like family volcanic explosion. Tears will be shed, arguing will erupt and comments will be made.) ... Friday is when the bachelor and bachelorette parties are taking place. Saturday is the wedding. Sunday is free...Monday beholds the wonderful Quinceaños festivities and then Tuesday is free for another family thing and packing... Wednesday we leave.”

“Thank GOD!” I groaned as he finished my exact thoughts, literally took the words out of my mouth. “It won’t be that bad, all partying really...It will be fun.” He said, perking up at the thought of many ‘parties.’

Not fair at ALL!

I knew I wouldn't be able to drink and yet he obviously could/can, so shove it in my face why dontcha!

He grabbed me and picked me up bridal style as he continued to walk. I wrapped my right arm around his shoulder and neck.

“I AM capable of walking you know?” He nodded and concentrated on not making us fall down the flight of steps. “Are you still mad at me?” I asked solemnly as I looked away from him and down at the staircase disappearing underneath me, us.

“I was never mad at you. I just...”

“You wouldn't talk to me though.”

“I...I didn't…I wasn't to say something and regret it. I'm not mad at you just...” He sat me down on a couch and crouched down in front of me on his knees, lifting my chin to look him in the eyes. “I hate what your father did to you...” I tried looking away out of sheer embarrassment but he held my face still so I had no choice. “I hate that every time people touch you, you shy away and I hate that you have all these horrible memories of your past in your mind constantly. I can’t do anything to make you forget what happened but I want you to know that not every person in your life will hurt you… I didn't talk because I was furious at him for making you into what you are and don't get me wrong, I love you the way you are, but he didn't have to do what he did... He didn’t have to- I didn't want to take the chance of talking and end up yelling at you...” He trailed off kissing me again, not gently but by no means viciously either; just somewhere in between. I can’t really explain but it was...

BAM!

A door whipped open on the opposite side of the room and my father stood there, a huge sadistic looking smirk on his face as he saw me cringe in fear. He stood there smirking a moment until he eventually saw Lucas kneeling in front of me; and his face went back to show no emotion, like stone. Past experiences told me, screamed at me, that he was furious. Maybe more so than ever before… I never got an opportunity to have a real boyfriend, not with the secrets I held. I didn’t risk getting close to anyone but Ale- My father knew about him… Ale was the only boy I ever had met my father. And now I knew why I was glad to never have to introduce anyone to “father.”

My body tensed like it had every other time my father was near me.

Even with Lucas beside me I couldn’t help but cringe at the memories that came back in a sudden torrent rush. That sort of thing seemed to be happening a lot lately.

Lucas stood up, pulling me with him; close to and behind his body. My arms wrapped tightly around his waist as I visibly shook in fright, Lucas had to have felt it. I know Lucas knew from the moment the man walked in it was him, my father. Lucas's grip was tightened protectively on my exposed forearms but not nearly enough to hurt, I felt safe behind him, his hands holding onto me however awkward it may have looked or seemed to onlookers...for now I was safe, feeling protected.

Yet I knew Lucas wouldn't be with me at every moment.

And that sent chills down my spine and to the tips of my toes.

Still, even after we were once again out of my father’s presence, I was back to normal on the outside, looking perfectly fine while on the inside I was scared and anything but fine.

We were called to the bridal shower and so that's where I went, Lucas at my side. I'm pretty sure he had his suspicions; those being that I wasn't alright, despite my trying to convince him otherwise. But like I said before, he could somehow read me like a book and understood what I felt. He broke down the walls and found his way in somehow. And I STILL have no clue how he was able to do so.

I must admit though, I was extremely grateful he came into the room with me. There weren't many other guys at all (there actually were none, he was the single man present) so he was out of place but he kept me company and even got me to laugh a few times as we talked about a little of everything. I introduced him to my family; those that cared and wanted to meet him instead of just talk about him behind his, or our backs...Those select few members including SJ's mom (My aunt) and her sisters (SJ’s and also once again, My aunts) and two more of my cousins who unlike the others “kids,” weren't snobby and too good for introductions.

I guess that the people sitting at the tables around us were nice as well, they at least made the effort to meet us both. I didn't know them so I am assuming they are part of groom’s family. At least they were nice. At first they looked a little scared of us but that didn’t last very long, they all were very nice people in the end… If only my family were nice- Ill be damned if I was going to go around introducing my family to Lucas when they were...how they are. Its annoying, both sides of my family are snobs and it infuriates me. They didn’t even want to send a “sacrificial” guinea pig up to get some background information on either of us.
I at least expected for that to happen.

The rest of that night was spent partying hard; music and dancing and not to mention drinking.

Lucas and I however, hung out by ourselves in the library room (or so it was called.)

2 rather large bottles of some kind of French hard liquor later, we both stumbled out of the secluded room trying to get upstairs in case we passed out. We failed, ending up getting separated in the crowds of people. It was only around 10 or so from what I could make out on the blurry looking clock but then again we both were piss drunk...thanks to me of course. I convinced him to let me drink one bottle of beer and then it only escalated from there until now.

“Come on...” A guys voice drawled as they took my waist gently, leading my away from the crowd. My mind instantly thought Lucas since he was the only one to do that. The only one brave enough to attempt to do such a thing. I was so used to him touching my waist or hips that it didn’t faze me much; at least not with him.

“Lucas” I giggled some as I buried my face in their chest before I was being picked up.
Something in my mind told me that this wasn't right. That the person wasn't Lucas because of how he carried me and the accent in his voice but I was too drunk to notice and my vision to blurry to tell who the man really was.

It wasn't until I was dropped harshly onto a bed that I started sensing the danger of the situation, and by then it was too late.

All I could do was scream and hope someone could here over the music.

And that's exactly what I did; sobering up extremely quickly in the matter of seconds. I screamed at the top of my lungs, thrashing and moving away on my elbows and feet until a hand was roughly placed over my mouth. By then I was shaking like a leaf and frozen in my thoughts.

“Shhhh..” the voice cooed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ch 23/24 are coming at random times tomorrow, hopefully all the updating isnt too much to keep up with in terms of figuring out where you last, left off reading.

On a brighter note, I finished editing entirely this story. I messed up, there are 28 chapters not 29 or 30 sooo, yeah.

Thanks to all of you reading, and subscribing, and commenting. Love you all!
Please keep subscribing?!