Sequel: A Truth Untold
Status: Active

Look at Me Through Those Golden Eyes

Chapter 18

Eliza's POV

I lay, face down, like a starfish, with my hands and legs spread out, on my bed. I couldn't get up. It's not like I was loosing my vampire strength, it's just, I lacked the mental muscle to do anything other than lie around all day and mope.

A knock on the door made me jump. I was so out of it, normally I would have known when someone was just outside my room, heck, I would have even known who it was, depending on the sound of their footsteps.

"Eliza! Let us in!" Jane called.

"Go away..." I mumbled pathetically. I imagined the girls outside looking at each other with surprised faces. I had never been so pathetic in my entire life.

"Eliza, sweetheart. Please open the door, we just want to help you." Another vampire, Dante said sweetly and quietly. While I had been at the Volterra castle, Dante had been something of an older sister to me, always there for me, always supportive, always willing to talk, always sorting out my endless problems. I knew Dante would help me out of my depressive mood.

Using my wind power, I turned the doornob and swung open the door, all with my face still buried in the sea green quilt covers.

"Neat." A voice said. I knew who it was. Christina was part vampire, part human, rather like Nessie, but she had been fully grown for a while now, her abilities enhanced. She was probably stronger than me, but not as fast, although she was definatly faster than Edward.

"Guys, really, I'm not going to be the best company right now." I said, raising my head from the covers. There stood my three best girlfriends (in a friendly way). Jane looking always sophisticated with her ash blod hair twisted in an elegant knot at the back of her head, her deep red eyes staring intently at me. She was wearing her regular black, knee high dress and mandatory dark grey cloak. I had a cloak of the same colour, all the girls in the room had the same shade, meaning we were all of equal high rank. We were lower to only the three elders.

Dante had long black hair worn in a pony tail, and gold eyes. It was always such a comfort having another vegetarian around, especially when the human sacrafices were brought in. She wore tight, black, skinny jeans, and a contrasting, white, sleevless top. Dante was always heavy on the accessories, and today was no exception. She wore a grey tie died scarf wrapped fashionably around her neck, and numerous, clinking bangles around her slender wrists. She was the fashionista of the group, always making sure what we were wearing was appropriate.

Christina had long, long, black brown hair that coiled around her neck, shoulders, and waist in beautiful waves. She had unique purple eyes that seemed to sparkle in the light. Her face flushed with blood unconsciously. It was no problem, none of us would ever hurt Christina, the four of us were often known as the fabulous four, or the fearless four, or the fashionable four, or what ever else they could come up with using alliteration.

"We don't care that your in a horrid mood, Lyz (pronounced Liez) we're your best friends, it's our job to make you feel better." Chrissy said cheerfully.

"I don't think I'm going to be so easy to fix." Dante sat on the side of my bed and patted my leg.

"Would it help to talk about it? We won't force you." She said. I couldn't hold in the laugh at that. Jane looked like she was ready to rip the answer out of me. She never really had been one for patience.

"Is it about that wolf you were talking to at the clearing?" Jane said, trying unsuccessfully to smother her curiosity.

"Yeah." I responded. She nodded knowingly.

"You must really love him." Was what she said. I nodded.

"Ahh... So we're dealing with a broken heart here! I would offer you a night of chick-flicks and cookies and cream ice cream, but I don't really think that's your thing right?"

"Right. Not to mention the fact I can't really digest ice cream, but it's the thought that counts, right?" Just being with the girls brought back snippets of my usual self, but I couldn't help wishing it was Seth here, not them. I sighed.

"You really do love him, don't you." Dante said it not as a question, but as a statement. She really did know me well.

"I do. Before I met him, I thought my life was already complete. I thought I already knew the meaning of love. The love I have for you guys, the love I have for my brother, the love I had for Alec, but when he first looked at my eyes, I felt like he was searching through them to my soul, something I didn't know I had. It made me feel truly alive for the first time, like everything else I had experienced was just a ghost of the real thing, definatly there, but never as deep and meaningful as what we had." I said, trailing off. I missed Seth more I could even contemplate.

I knew I had had to break it off with him like that, it was the only way to protect him from harm, and I had thought a little heartbreak would have been less painful than enduring a torturess death.

I was seriously beginning to doubt that.

I wished for death. It would be better than what I was going through now. It felt as if my heart had been torn out without any anasthetics, and the surgeon forgot to stitch up the skin, leaving a big gaping hole, open for disease and infection.

"That's it! I refuse to see you here, a shell of the Eliza you once were." Dante said firmly, standing up. I looked at her, whimpering.

"But what else can I do?" I asked, still whimpering.

"Not what you can do, but what we are going to do." Christina put in.

"And what are we going to do?" I asked, the girls turned to look at each other, a smug look on their faces, then back at me. It was Jane who answered my question.

"We're busting you out of this joint."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay everyone... I have a piano exam approaching in 3 weeks and my piano teacher wants me practicing 5 hours a day! I know, kinda crazy actually!

I'd just like to let you all know that it is MaskedAngel is Dante in the story.. Just so you know...

Now, back in Chapter 7, Eliza plays a song on the piano... It's the river flows in you... Here's a youtube link to me playing it. It's how I imagine Eliza to be playing it, so please check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzVtcoHLb20

Please comment and suscribe!

Thanks :)