Status: I just lost all my work. I have no idea if i'll write this anymore.

Fall For You

Chapter 5

Lilly walked into class in a daze, she couldn’t believe that she was already getting asked on a date. Wait was it even a date. Lilly pushed that thought to the back of her mind. She would work it out later. She sat down and got her notes out but couldn’t concentrate. Zacky snuck into the class when she wasn’t looking and sat at the very back. No one would notice him. He noticed that she looked really out of it and was doodling on a piece of paper. He moved his head a little bit to the left to see what she was writing but all he could see was Zacky with question marks.

He liked it that she had written his name, it made his heart swell. But why had she written question marks after it, he didn’t know. She wasn’t paying attention at all and Zacky wonder whether if it was his fault. The teacher was talking about something so Zacky decided to write her notices instead. He saw a pen fall on the floor and picked it up and stole some paper out of someone’s backpack. She was taking a teaching course. So she wanted to be a teacher. That make him happy, she wanted to do something with kids.

Zacky stayed in the room until Lilly had left, she got out pretty quickly. This made him smile thinking that she was rushing out of the room to see him. He left the room and folded the notes into his pocket and walked a bit down the hallway. Lilly was talking to some guy just in front of the doors. Zacky had no idea who this man was but he didn’t like that Lilly was talking to someone else. He tried to listen in to what they were talking about before going over.

“It’s alright Mike, he’ll ask you out again.” Lilly said trying to cheer the man up.

“But what happens if he doesn’t Lilly, I really liked him you know. He was really sweet.”

When Zacky herd that he chuckled to himself, this guy was gay. He was only friends with Lilly. Zacky started to walk up to the pair when Lilly looked up.

Lilly could feel that she was being watched, she looked up only to see Zacky walking down the hallway over to them.

“Mike, okay don’t look now but see that guy walking over to us.” Lilly said and nudged Mike with her elbow.

“Yeah, what about him?” Mike said just looking around not making it to obvious that he was looking at Zacky.

“I think he asked me out.”

“You think… how did he ask you? Wow he’s hot.” Mike stated. Lilly blushed and nodded her head. She held up a finger to Zacky telling him to give her a minute Zacky nodded and pointed to the door that led them outside. Lilly nodded saying that she would meet him outside.

“He said before class to meet him here so he could take me to lunch.” Lilly said and blushed.

“Girl, if that’s not a date then I don’t know what is.” Mike said and smiled. Lilly blushed even deeper. Not knowing what to say next.

“Well what are you waiting for? Introduce me.” Mike said impatiently.

“What! No, mike I can’t what happens if it doesn’t work out between us.” Lilly said sadly. Zacky herd her say that and his smile dropped. He could picture her blushing before when she was telling Mike about Zacky, it made him happy that she thought of this as a date. He definitely wanted it to be a date, but wasn’t sure that she was ready for that.

“Girl, I can tell you one thing. It will work out. I can feel it. And if it doesn’t I’m going to convert him.” He said proudly. Zacky shook his head hearing this, attempting not to laugh out loud but people passing by would give him weird looks.

Zacky herd and smelt her coming closer to the door, she herd him telling Mike that if today went well then he could meet Zacky another time. She told Mike to stop pouting and go and ask that guy back out.

Lilly walked down the stairs looking around for Zacky she didn’t see him anywhere in sight. She though she was getting the stiff end of the deal. Getting asked out and then being stood up all in the matter of a few hours. Zacky went up behind the small girl and put his hands over her eyes. She squealed and turned around with a grin on her face. He was happy that he could make her smile by doing the simplest things. He had never felt this way with other girls before.

“Ready for lunch?” he asked with a grin.

“Yeah, I’m ready.” She gave him a small smile.

They started walking out of the courtyard and into the busy street. She had no idea where he was taking her but she didn’t mind the little surprise. They walked a few more blocks and every now and then their hands would brush. They never said anything of it, but Zacky like it.

Zacky decided to go with something simple, Italian food. They stoped in front of a little bistro that had other little couples being seen through the window. Zacky stoped before they went any further.

‘’You don’t mind Italian right?”

“Zack, I am Italian.” She gave a little laugh. He blushed a bit and nodded his head.

“That’s cool, I am too. You know for the record.” He opened the door for her and asked the hostess for a table for two. Once they sat down they were both quiet. Zacky was full of questions but didn’t know where to start.

“I’m sorry but I have to say this.” Zacky said words spilling from his mouth. Lilly looked up at him, waiting for him to continue.

“I think you’re really pretty.” It was him who bit his lip this time. Lilly didn’t know what to say, so she said the only thing she could think of.

“I think you’re pretty good looking too, you know as good looking as it gets for a guy.” She giggled a bit, not knowing if what she just said made any sense.

A waitress came over a second later asking what they would want to drink. Lilly wasn’t a big drinker not after her grandfather passed away from drinking too much. Zacky just got them a bottle of red wine.

“So Zachary, right?” She asked after taking a sip.

“Yep, that’s my name. Zacky Baker at your services.” He said but then added under his breath. “No seriously.” She laughed and gave him a smile.

“Well you know I’m Lilly, and I’m doubting that you can guess my last name.” Zacky shook his head. “Well it's De Luca.”

“So Lilly De Luca.” She nodded her head smiling a little. The waitress came back over and asked them for their order. They both ordered some sort of pasta dish. The lunch went quite well for the fact that Zacky now knew a lot more about her. She liked the rain but also the hot summer nights. She hated horror movies and clowns. And he learnt that she was more of a tomboy then a girl who liked to get dressed up. Zacky had to agree with her on the clown one.

Zacky paid for the meal even though Lilly didn’t want him to. He told her that he was brought up a certain way and his mother would be disappointed in him if she didn’t let him pay. They walked out of the bistro with the hostess bidding them a good day.

Zacky stated walking back with her; he wanted to make sure that she got home okay. She thanked him quite a few times for lunch. Still not believing that he actually asked her out.

When they got to her apartment she was about to ask him upstairs but she didn’t have any clue what they would do upstairs. He left her where he found her this morning thinking it was for the best. If he went inside he wouldn’t want to leave her.

“I guess I’ll see you around then.” Zacky said to Lilly.

“Yeah.” Lilly said trying not to sound to disappointed, what happened if they never saw each other again. Zacky herd her disappointment and didn’t want her to feel like that.

“I might come and keep you company at work.” He said with a wink. Lilly laughed but deep down she wouldn’t mind it. Work did get pretty boring and no one ever really noticed her.

“Well thanks again for lunch Zacky.” She said and looked down blushing.

“It’s alright, I had a spare fifty dollar note in my pocket.” He smiled at her and winked. He walked away leaving her to her thoughts. After a block or so he realized that she had called him Zacky. He felt as if his body was on fire and he loved the feeling.