Sequel: Two Lives As One
Status: Check out Two Lives As One! Picks up at Christmas time after the events in this story :)

One Life To Live

A Matter Of A Date

Lance picked me up at the front of the University exactly on time. Before walking through the doors I made sure that no hair was out of place on my previously curled head, and that my dress looked perfect on me. I wondered if I’ve overdressed – if Lance would show up in jeans and a T-shirt, and that I would look like a fool. Silly, I thought, who cares if that’s the case? You’re not even on a date you know…

But even if I wasn’t on a date, my mind and body told me that this has never really happened – a guy taking me out to dinner at a restaurant, and that I easily get excited about things that I’ve never truly experienced before. I felt as if I was back in high school with the jitters and nervous antics of being insecure. However, I knew that those days were somewhat behind me – that college guys weren’t really as innocent as they were in high school.

My nerves were on edge, and I smoothed my skirt of my dress before opening the door. Lance’s car was a black Cadillac, looking like it was recently washed, and was adorned with chrome. My black high heels clicked on the concrete as I approached the car. There was a shifting inside it, and soon enough, Lance’s car door opened and he walked around to my side. He grinned at me, immediately giving me a once over and finally a small smile of approval. On instinct, I smiled at him – noticing that I hadn’t overdressed. He was wearing all black – black pants, and a black long sleeved button up shirt. He was as easy on the eyes as ever; an Italian daredevil was my immediate thought while accessing him. The final touch was his Ray-Bans covering his eyes.

He came up close to me, and took my hand. He kissed it briefly, a lightning fast grin following up right after it. I blushed even in the cool night air, and diverted my eyes to ground before looking back up at him. For a moment his expression was serious, but then he took my hand and pulled me forward; closer to him. He led my arms up over his shoulders, as he twined his hands around my waist. He drew his mouth to my neck, all the while my heart was in a sprint. He kissed it lightly, and whispered in my ear, “You look incredible, Melanie.”

I gave him a smile. “As do you.”

It was obvious that he liked the sound of that. His mouth stretched into a wide grin. I, feeling that I was back on earth and not up on Heaven, gently grabbed his sunglasses of his nose, and put them on me. I smiled widely back at him, loving this feeling. He pouted at me, but regained his composure to ask, “So does that mean we’re actually on a date, love? Or are you still not able to admit it?”

I scoffed. “Not able to admit it? I don’t know what you’re talking about.” A small smile creeped out.

He raised his eyebrows, and acquired an amused smile on his handsome face. “I’m getting a feeling that you’re quite a tease.”

I was genuinely shocked. “A tease? Is that what you think I am? Obviously a college girl that doesn’t drop her pants for some guy is now a tease?” I frowned a little.

His expression was mildly surprised. It went from shock, to amusement, to consideration. He was actually speechless for a moment, but then replied, “Of course not. That wasn’t what I meant, darling. But, if you are interested in bringing the subject to that – it would be my pleasure to do so.” He grinned at me, and plucked the glasses off my eyes to restore them back to their original spot. My jaw dropped in sudden surprise, and his hand cupped my back as he led me to the car. He opened the door for me, and I nodded to him in form of “thank you”, and slipped inside. The door closed, and all I sat silently.

Damn, he was good.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D Haha I loved writing this chapter. Melanie brings up the subject bluntly while she is offended by it, and I loved how Lance's response was so witty xD! Update: be prepared for Lance's P.O.V. in upcoming chapters!
x. peace! (: