‹ Prequel: Honest in Lies

Deceptive in Truth

two

Candy was crouched delicately, on a pipe that connected to the stairs of an old apartment building. After her breakdown, she ran, yes ran, from Lyon to Surrey. She was scared and didn’t want anyone bothering her. It was a fresh start, but not entirely. Occasionally, she still saw her picture in a magazine, or see her face on the television. It was pointless, when you didn’t have someone you love to share and gloat with. Her blue hues scanned the area before she dropped down; unsuspected. She was prowling. Candy was stalking for the next victim.

Her strides were slow, as well as her eyes vacant. This was the same ordeal to her. Every day was repetition. Candy’s eyes flickered to the neck of passersby listening to their heartbeat. It was beautiful; it meant that they were alive. They didn’t deserve to be. Gaspard did. It was as if her world was moving in slow motion, as she passed by the crowds. Out of random, she grabbed a hand. It was a woman, about mid thirties.

“What? Excuse me? Let me go.”

Candy whirled around, her blue eyes piercing the woman’s brown. “Shh,” she whispered softly and like magic, the woman had stopped fighting her grasp. Candy pulled her into an abandoned alley, spotting the wedding ring on her finger. Interesting. She still wore the one Gaspard had given her, that dreadful year ago. “There’s no need to be afraid.” She said softly, her voice coming out as a coo. The woman had large, doe like eyes.

No wonder she was married; she was beautiful. Her long and disturbing fangs released themselves, and Candy buried her mouth into the woman’s neck, hand clamped delicately on her mouth. A soft scream erupted and grew progressively into pain. It was loud and in her ear and she snapped her neck out of annoyance.

“Oops,” she murmured as she inspected the woman’s now carcass with a bloody mouth. Candy didn’t keep her hungry lips away from a free meal. She nuzzled her mouth back in and ate fruitfully until it felt like her stomach was about to burst. Candy dropped the woman’s body carelessly, using her white shirt as a napkin.

Fully revived and stuffed to a brim, Candy moved out back into the moving crowd, completely unnoticed. A hand tapped lightly on her shoulder. She turned around, to meet a pair of bewitching green eyes. She blinked and they were gone, along with the hand on her shoulder. Her lips curled back in disgust, exposing slowly sharpening teeth. This was interesting.

Candy looked around, facing the oncoming traffic. Whoever it was didn’t stay around long enough for her to catch the scent; it had to have been one of the supernatural beings though. Nothing could have moved that fast. Not unless it was dead, half dead or wanted to be. Candy squinted her eyes a little. A new challenge, fresh meat that needed skinning. She moved back to her apartment, slowly as if to taunt whatever had touched her decided to follow.

She took a whiff of the air; and nothing suspicious greeted her back. An eyebrow arched, obviously she must have been imagining things. It wouldn’t have been the first time. Once back inside her lonesome apartment, she looked at the ring that adorned her finger still. Soft lips pressed against them, tears once again holding back. “I love you.” She said simply.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments for the next update<3 it will get interesting soon, TRUST ME.