Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

24 Picking At The Seams

*********
Brendon’s POV

William looked up at me from his desk, “I don’t want her in this house Brendon.”

I could see Ashley on his bed curled into a ball asleep, “I know. But I think she is being honest.”

William sighed, “I want all eyes on her. You are in charge of her. I have the clan keeping an eye on her men. One mistake and you will have to kill her. I’m not taking chances.”

I nodded before backing away. I was done with the conversation as he was. I was sure I couldn’t say anything to change his mind so I wanted to see if I could find out more about Jess and Gabe.

I took my time getting to her room and when I did I saw the door open. She was standing in the doorway with her arms resting above her head against the doorframe. She looked at me and smirked. I couldn’t help but smile.

“What are you doing?”

She shrugged, “You said I couldn’t leave the room so I’m not. I’m just bored.”

I walked up closer, “May I come in?”

She moved out of the way, “Be my guest.”

I looked back at her as she closed the door, “Good. I need some answers anyways.”

She went over to the chair near the vanity table and sat down, “What do want to know?”

I got quiet. I didn’t want to sound like I was trying to get information from her but she knew that’s what I wanted. It was clearly obvious. I wanted to earn her trust, letting her open up to me. I didn’t want to have her betray me and then I would have to kill her.

I really didn’t want to kill her.

I didn’t know why I wanted to keep her alive. She was an enemy but when she looked at me filled with hurt from Gabe I figured I could use it against him. Turn her against him. Then we could find out what we needed to know to rip Gabe from the base of his weaknesses up.

I needed her to trust me.

And well, if I needed her to fall in love with me to do so I was going for it. Call me heartless but the clan is in interest before a woman. Well, except for William’s woman of course. Ashley was before everyone here, even me.

She picked up the brush from the table and started to run it through her hair, “Let me guess, you want to know about Gabriel and I?”

I shrugged, “I need to know how much I can trust you.”

She looked up at me, “And what makes you think what I say is truth?”

I took a stepped closer, “Call it a six sense. I’ve been around people longer then you have.”

“You’ve said before. It always sounds like you’re calling me a kid.”

“Aren’t you? Maybe not in body but your vampire years are still young.”

She growled and kept with her hair. I felt myself smile. She really wasn’t that bad. I couldn’t see how Gabe had a problem with her. She seemed rather interesting. More of she had some experiences worth telling or things she wanted to do but held her self back.

“He holds you back, doesn’t he?”

She furred her eyebrows, “What?”

“You want so much to be on your own but Gabe won’t let you. It’s like you have wings and he lets you only fly so far. He lets you go a little farther each time but still he brings you back.”

She looked away from me and placed the brush down, “I like to be alone, if you don’t mind.”

I took a step closer, “That’s why you’re here. You want help from us to make him let you go.”

“Gabe is a good guy. He’s always been there for me.”

I leaned down to make eye contact with her, “Then why is he going after Ashley when he has you?”

Her eyes narrowed, “Don’t–”

I cut her off, “If he loves you so much and wants you to be happy then why is he spending his days going after William and making you do his dirty work? Are you trying to impress him? Is it that he won’t look at you in the way you want?”

I wasn’t expecting her to smack me and when I looked back I could see the tears on the edge of her eyes, “He loves me and don’t you dare speak of him badly.”

I smirked, “You’re here to betray us aren’t you? You love Gabe too much to not do what he says. He must have planned for you to come here.”

She shook her head and I almost believed her, “No. He kicked me out.”

I almost softened, “Push him too far or did you confront him on not giving you what you wanted?”

Her eyes look up at me and I continued, “I get it. He was in love with you but he lost interest or did you do something that he didn’t want you to do but you went for it?”

She got cold and tilted her head to the side, “Well what about you? What keeps you working for William? Doesn’t he hold you back? He sends you out with the Dandies and makes you do the dirty work.”

“Were not talking about me, we’re talking about you.”

She stood up and I let myself stand tall, “You’re in the same boat I am.”

“No I’m not.” She circled around me, “I’m still learning from William.”

“Which means you don’t have the courage to go against him. I did go against Gabe. And you’re right, I did love him and he loved me but that was long ago. Yes I’m heart broken but now I have my clan and if he wants to pick at me like a small animal then so be it. I’ll go against him. I want out.”

I smirked as she stopped in front of me, “You’re a good actress I’ll give you that. If you’re lying to me I’ll wring you neck. I saved you life once I won’t do it again if you do betray me. I won’t even think twice.”

“You wouldn’t hurt me.”

Within about a second I had her against the wall and I was pressed against her. My hands wrapped around her neck and my thumbs ready to push down on her throat. She was a little raised off the ground and I could see her struggle slightly and I pressed against her throat.

I let out a snarl, “Don’t test me.”

She let out a gasp, “What a way to treat a lady.”

I let out a laugh and released my hold on her slightly, “What can I say, I like making impressions.”

She reached for my hands and shoved me away and landed on her feet. I caught myself and let out a chuckle. She rubbed her neck and looked at me. I knew then she knew I meant business.

“I get the point Urie. You want to be the big bad boy like William.”

I shook my head as I back away, “That’s not the point I’m trying to get across to you.”

“Then what is it?”

I held my hands up defensively and shrugged, “I’m on your side if you want me to be. You want help getting rid of Gabe I’m here.”

The look she gave me let me knew then she wanted to betray the Dandies but now I had put her in a war with herself. She always knew Gabe. Gabe was the one that turned her and kept her around like he wanted her. He was all she knew as a vampire.

Now I had proven I could do the same if I wanted to and she didn’t need him anymore.

I knew then she’d probably stick with me and not go against William. I pulled the right strings and played her well. She was probably started to trust me and with her alone with her thoughts she was either going to end up trusting me or closing me out. Either way, I had her in a predicament.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Alpha’s POV

I watched Brendon leave and I could hear Gabe through our telepathic link, “How are you doing in the Dandies home Jess?”

It was nice not having to talk out loud, “Fine. Brendon thinks he can use you to get me to turn against you.”

I heard his chuckle, “Kind of pathetic don’t you think?”

“Yeah.”

I got quiet and went over to the bed. I flopped down on it and Gabe went off on how his day was and how worried he had been about me. He was wondering if I was alright and if William or any of them had left a mark on me.

“More of opening old wounds.”

I could hear suspicion in his voice, “What does that mean?”

“Whatever you want it to mean.”

“Alpha. Come on now, what did they say?”

I sighed, “It doesn’t matter Gabe.”

I knew now he was probably pacing in his room. If I concentrated hard enough I would be able to see what he was doing but I didn’t really want to put effort into anything at the moment. I was trying to recover from the fatigue I had already.

He sounded concern, “Jess, if they’re trying to use things I did to you in the past to get you against me I want to know. I have the right to know.”

I didn’t want to come off bitter, “What makes you say that?”

“Why what?”

“That you have the right to know about what discussions Urie and I have.”

“Because I care for you Jess.” He paused and I picked up on how he used care and not love like he usually used, “And I want to know you’re safe.”

I knew then half of what Urie said was relevant, “Gabe I need to go.”

I loved Gabe more then anything but Brendon was right. I practically let Gabe walk all over me and let him tell me what to do. I followed him every which way I could. I did try to get out of it many times but Brendon was right again, I was always pulled back in.

Gabe had me on a leash. Though, I was sure I was going to let him pull back. I wanted his approval and it was probably going to cost me my life. But I came here to do a job and I need to follow though no matter what Brendon threw my way. Brendon could test me and I could take it.

I could hear Gabe’s sigh clear as day, “Alright. Please be safe. Don’t let Urie get to you. I’ll always put your safety before anyone else’s.”

“Sure.”

*******
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks so much for reading and supporting :D
Please comment and subscribe. We love it when you do.
Predictions?

So I went to Earthfest 3 in SLC and I have a total of 17 autographs. :D All Time Low, Nate Novarro, Alex Suarez, Gabe Saporta, Downtown Fiction, Brogan Kelby. (Yes I have phtotos)
I did meet Martin from Boys Like Girls but he couldn't stay and sign stuff.
How great is that?

I'm kind jealous of Ashley, she's meeting Panic! Tomorrow :D