Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

28. Holding On

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Jess’s POV

Gabe’s voice sounded like it was dripping venom, “Why are you fighting me?” I pretended not to hear him and his voice continued to ring out, “Don’t fight me Jess. I can make your life hell. You better not be betraying me, I swear I’ll get you back if you are. It’s better if you don’t lie to me.”

I laid my head on the pillow that was resting on my bed. Brendon had escorted me back to my room to make sure we had more privacy to talk about getting rid of Gabe. I didn’t honestly know if I wanted to or not. I was tired of him controlling me and needing to rely on him but at the same time I was afraid of what he’d do if he found out about me trying to block him.

At the same time, I needed to go with Brendon’s plan to not blow my cover.

Brendon had sat on the other side of the bed staring at me and I started to question, “How can you help?”

“I…”He smirked slightly before looking away from me, “I need to mark you.”

I sat up, “You can’t mark a vampire.”

“Yes you can.” He licked his lips lightly, “You just have to do it the right way.”

I’ll admit, I was interested, “And what way is that?”

“I need some of Dallon’s blood in me and then poof, it’s like magic, and then I can mark you.”

I was taken back, “All you need is a stronger vampire’s blood in you?”

Brendon nodded, “Pretty much and since Dallon is the strongest of us all vampires–”

“But you don’t even know where he is.”

Brendon chuckled, “That’s the fun part. You and I go off to find him, you’re away from Ashley so William is happy, Gabe will hunt us looking for why we’re leaving, we find Dallon, I get to mark you and your connection with Gabe is lost, and Gabe is removed. Sounds like one hell of an adventure to me.”

I rolled my eyes, “You’re so weird.”

“At least I have a plan.”

I started to investigate my nails, “Will it work?”

“I think so.”

I nodded knowing I didn’t honestly have a choice, “Alright.”

We shook hands on the situation and started to plan what we needed to figure out how the hell we were going to track down Dallon. He had been hiding for months, I think even years now. It was going to be one hell of a challenge.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Gabe’s Pov

“Are you alright Gabe?”

I turned to Ryland, “No. I’m not. I can’t get an answer from Jess.”

Ryland plopped down on a chair in front of my pacing form and sighed, “You know how she is. You pestering her isn’t helping.”

“I’m not pestering her. I want to hear something from her. I feel as if she’s blocking me or trying.”

“No offense Gabe she might be doing so for precaution. William is going to have a close eye on her.”

I sat down in the chair next to him, “I know but I just want to know something. William has both of my girls right now and it’s not reassuring.”

He snickered lightly, “You sound like a whore.”

He stopped laughing when he heard my tone, “If you weren’t my right hand man I’d kill you for that.”

Ryland sighed and leaned forward a little bit giving me a serious look, “Look, if you don’t hear anything by tomorrow I’ll go with a few guys and we’ll go see if she’s alright. Sound good?”

The idea was tempting enough. This could have been a trick on William’s part. He could be telling her to ignore me to lure me in somehow. I couldn’t risk it but I needed to hear from her. She said she’d stay in touch but I’m afraid maybe I did push her too far finally. The idea of her betraying me didn’t seem possible but maybe that’s because I had so much in the belief that she would do anything I asked.

No, I shouldn’t be having any doubts in her. Jess would be fine, I’d get Ashley, William would be fucked, and we’ll all live happily ever after as soon as I take over the Dandies. Life will be sweet.

“No, don’t. Keep a tracker on the house on occasion, if she leaves the house I want to know where she’s going. As soon as she leaves the building, someone better be on her ass at all times but far enough from being caught.”

Ryland stood up, “No problem. By the way, Suarez bought you a meal.”

Well, he had all my attention, “Did he now?”

Ryland sauntered over towards the door, “Yeah, it’ll cheer you up. She’s nice and young.”

I smirked as he left, “You boys must want something if you’re spoiling me.”

“No, we need a decent leader,” His voice carrying from the hall way, “A full vampire is better then a hungry one.”

“Tell him to bring her to me!”

I could feel my mouth water. It had been a while since I had someone young. It’d be a nice change for me, a little more filling then normal. I figured I could toy with the human for a bit and then just sink in or I could torture her for a bit. Oh these boys are too kind for this; I’m going to have so much fun.

x-x-x-x-x-x
Ashley’s POV

I had fallen asleep again finally free of nightmares and still a tad tired. I was grateful that William had been kind enough to let me sleep and not forcing me to do anything that I didn’t want to do. I just honestly wanted a good night of sleep without Gabe sneaking his way in and finally got it.

When I had opened my eyes William was next to me on the bed but he was perched up sitting while reading something. He looked down at me with a smile and went back to reading as I slowly started to wake up. I felt like I could sleep another week.

“No nightmares?”

I shook my head and pulled the covers up closer to my head, “No. I finally got a break. He’s so persistent.”

“He’s like that. I’ve learned never to underestimate him.”

I could barely keep my eyes open, “It’s so frustrating. I don’t like being on edge the whole time.”

He smiled softly, “Don’t worry about it. He physical can’t touch you, you’re safe here. Sleep, you look so tired.”

I yawned in response with a slight nod and let my eyelids fall shut. It was so much easier to keep them shut and not focus on anything. I figured this was the only time I was going to be able to relax so I should embrace it. Though, I felt safer knowing that Gabe couldn’t touch me. I knew that all along but right now seemed different.

I think I was started to trust William. He hadn’t done anything to make me feel to out of place and didn’t overstep any bounds. He really was different from Gabe. It was kind of touching how concerned he was.

I felt a pressure on my head and could feel William close to me. If I was right he had just kissed the top of my head. As much as I wanted to say something to him I don’t think I could. I was just so worn out.

Eh, I could tell him later.

x-x-x-x-x
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter by me. :D Thanks for reading.
Please comment and subscribe! Let us know what you think.