Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

30. Yesterday Is Over

*******
Ash's Pov

I didn’t even know what to say to William or to even process the sight in front of me. He grabbed me by my arms lightly blocking my view and forcing me backwards. Words or at least parts of words were leaving my mouth and I wasn’t sure. I knew William couldn’t make sense of it if he wanted to.

I trembled under his hands, “Ashley, it’s alright.”

I looked up at him and any trust I had for him was almost completely gone, “William, how…how can you?”

“It’s for their safety. I can’t have them panicking and scream. The newborns get restless and can’t control themselves when the girls are scared. It helps keep the balance of peace in this house.”

William continued to walk me backwards both ignoring the Dandies walking past us, “But why? Why do you keep them?”

“Because sometimes we can’t always get enough humans to feed on and it’s just backup.”

I shook my head and tried to pull away from William. William tightened his grip onto me and pulling me to him. He held me against him and had his head resting on top of my own, almost like he was afraid to lose me. I knew then I wasn’t meant to see that, ever. I could tell William’s body language that he felt disappointed in himself. He knew I’d get curious and how I would probably sneak out but I was sure he didn’t count on this and I was regretting ever leaving that room.

I spoke against him not bothering to try to break his hold, “Aren’t there other options?”

“We’ve tried.” He sighed, “Trust me, they’re never hurt. They get everything they need. They’re just scared at first because it’s a new place, like you were.”

My voice was borderline cold, “Is that what I’m here for?”

One of William’s hands moved to tilt my head up as he looked down at me, “No. Never. Don’t you understand why you’re here?”

I shrugged avoiding eye contact by looking past him, “You say I’m in danger because of Gabe but your clan members say otherwise and now this?”

“At first yes––Wait, what did they tell you?”

I finally made eye contact, “That you were in love with me. But I don’t understand. Why? Why me? How do I know you’re not keeping me like them?”

He looked hurt, “I don’t know why you. Something about you is captivating. I wasn’t going to try to associate with you. I knew Gabe would try to hurt you if I made a move towards you because he wants to hurt me but I couldn’t help it.”

I didn’t even notice at first we were in a different room alone. I knew he didn’t want to talk in front of his vampires but I wasn’t too sure I wanted to be alone with him. I knew he probably wasn’t going to hurt me but there was that fear.

“You took me from my home because you found me interesting and Gabe wants to ruin you? Why couldn’t you find someone else other than me? I’m normal!”

“I can’t explain it to you.” William seemed uncomfortable, “But I promise you, you’re not here like those girls are. You were never meant to see that. I’m not a bad guy. I just do what is needed to survive.”

I shook my head trying to process this. He was bringing up valid points and he hadn’t hurt me since I’ve been here. Not to mention has been helping me be safe from Gabe minus the nightmares. Granted none of this would have happened if he hadn’t come into my life but I’ll admit this is more entertaining than my horrible life before this.

So the question is, how long is he going to keep me here?

Was he going to turn me if I stayed long enough?

I wasn’t too sure I wanted to be a vampire any time soon.

“Ashley,” He was so close to me, “I love you. I know you don’t believe me but in such a short time you’ve pulled out feelings in me that I haven’t felt for many years. And I promise you, you’re here because I care for you and won’t let anything hurt you. I mean that.”

I didn’t even respond because he leaned down and I felt his lips against my own. My eyes fluttered shut as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I don’t know why I was letting him kiss me but something felt right. Weird, but right. I mean, it wasn’t every day some hottie grabbed me and kissed me. The scene I had just seen moments ago seemed so far away right now and I almost wondered if it was some power he had to make me forget it and just embrace this.

I didn’t mind.

---------X---------
Jess’s Pov

“You do know Gabe is going to be on our asses as soon as he finds out I’m not here right?”

I was walking side by side with Brendon, “Yeah, I’m aware. That’s why there are a couple Dandies following us. I’m assuming there are a couple of your boys too. I can sense two more vampires.”

I stopped in my tracks, “What?”

Brendon stopped and turned to me and furred his eyebrows, “Don’t you have two vampires following us?”

I shook my head, “I didn’t tell any to. I told them to remain with William.”

Brendon shrugged and started walking again, “That’s probably a good thing. It means you trust William which is beneficial for you, seeming that he doesn’t trust you. But, at least we know Gabe is on our tail.”

I caught up with him, “Do you think he’ll find Dallon before we do?”

We turned a corner, “I doubt it; only the oldest Dandies know where to look and if he does, Dallon will just kill him. On top of that, if Gabe comes anywhere near us the two Dandies in front of us will force Gabe to back off.”

“I love how confident you are. Isn’t William going to be pissed that you’re with me away from the house?”

Brendon snorted, “I doubt that. I mean hell, he has Ashley to obsess over.”

We continued small talk with different stories to keep ourselves entertained. I just seemed to follow Brendon because I had no idea where we were going. It’s all I could do, though there was fear mixed in. Sure, I was trusting Brendon here to help to get Gabe off of my back but I wasn’t sure if I was ready. I always had Gabe on my side or to back me up and to finally get rid of that was terrifying.

I was honestly going to be on my own or at least a part of the Dandies. At least hoping so.

But I was afraid to meet this Dallon guy. I didn’t know who the hell he was or what he was capable of. He sounded strong and scary. I didn’t even know how the hell he was going to do to me to break that hold of Gabe.

It was going to be interesting.

***************
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter by moi. :D Hope you guys liked it.
Please comment and subscribe.