Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

5. Everybody Get Down

************
William’s POV

Kids get restless right? I always wondered about that but I think it’s true. My Dandies always seemed to get anxious after staying in the house for long time. I knew they were itching to get out and play. I didn’t mind much but it was a matter of keeping them in control. The matter of being able to deal with their hunger for periods of time. Especially if you don’t have the time to feed.

I called out one of my men walking by, “Michael.”

He looked at me and his Australian accent came through as he leaned his head into my office, “Yes?”

You’d think his accent would wear off by now. “Get the men together. We’re going out. Also, get Brendon for me will you?”

He nodded, “Yes sir.”

I sighed and looked at my desk. It was made of cherry wood. I had made it myself a long time ago. It was something that held my past together. I let my fingers grace over the papers I had of the local maps. I organized them as much as I could. I was considering getting a secretary.

Michael poked back through, “The men are ready. I couldn’t find Brendon.”

“What do you mean you couldn’t find him?”

I let my mind run through its puzzles. I hadn’t sent Urie anywhere. I knew he came home. I saw him here. I also knew Michael would never lie or be lazy. He would search the whole house to find him. Which, I’m sure he did.

“He’s not anywhere. I looked.”

I pushed my chair back and stood up. I felt a couple of joints creak and pop as my limbs walked the room. I walked past Michael and into our main room. Almost everyone was here. I looked over the head to see if I could find Urie. He wasn’t anywhere to be seen.

My voice was emotionless, “Where is Brendon?”

I was worried now. I knew Saporta wasn’t stupid. He would be daring enough to come into my home and take Urie. Unless Brendon was the stupid one that decided to leave without orders. If Brendon had done so I was going to be upset. He was my strongest vampire besides myself and he is my main back up when I need him.

“He left.”

I turned to my left to catch the voice of the vampire that spoke, “Elaborate Ross.”

He looked around, “I watched him leave. I asked him where he was going and he said it was a private matter between him and you. Sir.”

The added ‘sir’ bugged me. I never really trusted him. I knew he didn’t trust me. Most of my men do because I know them so well. Not to mention they know I trust them. That’s how we survive is trust and honestly I’d like to kill Ross off but I can only do so much. I might need him anyways.

My lips were pursed and probably thin, “When did he leave?”

“A few hours ago.”

I had been planning on going out to see if I could find Ashley Becks again but it appeared to be that I would be looking for Brendon, “Get your shit together. We’re going out now.”

I walked back to my office and I grabbed my coat off of my chair and pulled it on. Mike Carden came in and he seemed anxious. He always followed my lead. He was with Brendon on my favorites list.

When we had left we decided to take out time tonight. I wanted Gabe to come out and see us. He’d want to see what I was up to anyways. I walked in front my men matching my pace. We almost sounded like in the military with out matching feet.

“Beckett, I’m hungry.”

“Patience is a virtue Carden.”

“But I’m dead so I don’t really care for virtues.”

I turned back to look at him as I walked, “Warning one.”

He shut up and we continued south on Main. It was my favorite street. There were always so many humans. Dumb creatures they are for not paying attention to the news and see us. You’d think they’d connect the dots to get the connection.

After about another block I let m newborns go. They greedily fed as my older stronger vampires stayed with me. They knew something was wrong. We could easily read each other’s body language.

“Well Beckett, it’s nice to see you all ancient still.”

I watched Saporta appear in front of me. I didn’t let it phase me. He was nearly against me. He smiled his pearly whites and I heard a snarl come from him. I pushed him away and he growled with fangs barred.

He meant business tonight, “I believe you’re in the wrong territory Beckett.”

“Territory? Ha. Don’t make me laugh Saporta. You know this is my town. Not yours. These are my humans.”

He rolled his eyes, “Oh stop living on that philosophy of you surviving in Chicago.”

I tilted my head to the side, “And you can?”

“Well, I’m not the one dying out.”

I snorted, “That’s not what I heard.”

Gabe smirked, “Funny. I hear things too. Like how little vampires get lost on their way home.”

“He didn’t get lost. I know you took Brendon.’

“No. He stumbled all on his own. Do you think he’s scared?”

Well, I know he has Brendon. It was a matter of how to get him, “I think he’s fine.”

Gabe took a step forward, “You should see how he cowers in front of me. Tell me William, what are you going to do. You have no ears anymore.”

He was right. I used Brendon as my guide. He knew things that other vampires didn’t. He always listened. He always snooped and got information. He was also smart. I knew he could find a way out of there if he wanted too. It was a matter if Gabe knew that.

“Do you think he’s scared?” Gabe laughed, “Oh no. He wouldn’t be. He’s trained otherwise. Though, he should be scared. Because what I planned to do to him is horrifying.”

I hated his games, “And that is?”

“Don’t worry your pretty head about it.” And just like that Gabe Saporta disappeared from the street.

Carden spoke up, “That sleazy-”

I cut him off, “Don’t.”

********************
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all that have commented. Gah! It means sooo much. :D

Thanks for reading. Please comment and subscribe.

So. Ronnie Radke is out of jail. Opinions?

NEW PANIC! AT THE DISCO ALBUM! "Vices and Virtues" will be out in late January says Bden. I'm thinking Feb. New song Mona Lisa out soon. Killjoy brought up the idea of it being March and I googled. Indeed it looks like March is the release date

Also Dallon Weekes(new guy in Panic!) is someone I thought quit making music. Brobecks is a local band here and I would have never guess he'd team up with Brendon Urie. How awesome is that?