Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

7. Cat & Mouse

*********
Ashley’s POV

My first instinct was fear. Even if William had set me down so nicely. It was more of him telling me I had to stay here. Not to even start on the fact he was in my house. As well as Gabe.

Now here was a tough one. Who was I in more danger with? William or Gabe? I mean both were a completely fatal line but I wanted to see which one had more of the chance of surviving.

I got off the bed and started to tip toed to the door. This was ridiculous. This was something out of a movie or a book. This wasn’t happening to me. There was no way in hell happening to me.

As I was about three feet from the door a person appeared in front of me, “William asks you not to leave this room. For your safety.”

He was blonde with an accent. It sounded Australian but I wasn’t too sure. I was never good with accents. He didn’t seem too dangerous. He was wearing a similar suit to William but he still looked like a nice guy.

“Can’t we just eat her? Save him the trouble.” I turned around and there was that Ross.

“No Ross! We can’t eat her! That is against William’s orders.”

He was in front of me in a blink, “Oh come on. Just a taste.”

William appeared behind Ross, “Ryan enough.”

Ryan held his hands up defensively and walked away from me, “I didn’t touch her.”

“Aren’t you supposed to looking for Brendon?”

“Saporta has him. What make you think he’s alive?”

“It wasn’t an offer. I said go look for him. Now!”

Ryan rolled his eyes and disappeared. William went over to the other male. They talked briefly before the other exited. William closed the door and looked back at me. He sighed and leaned against the door.

His voice was quiet, “Don’t be scared. I’m not going to hurt you.”

My palms were sweaty, “Why am I here?”

He pushed off the door and started walking to me, “For your safety. Gabriel isn’t exactly an angel.”

“And what about you?”

“Well, I haven’t tried to kill you.”

“Nor has he. But he didn’t kidnap me either. Look just let me go and I won’t go the cops. I’m not into this whole gang drug whatever thing. If you want to figure it out please do it without me.”

William looked at me confused, “Gang? Drugs? What are you talking about?”

“Whatever you guys are. I mean, I know Chicago is filled with gangs and I really don’t want to be a part of it.”

He seemed amused, “I understand that but where are you getting the idea I deal with drugs?”

“Well, uh.”

He cut me off, “I assure you I don’t do such things. I am not a street gang or mafia. Or what else is running in that little head of yours. We dandies are not of any sort of the norm.”

“Then what are you? You can appear here and there. The one Ross guy wanted to eat me. You’re not human so to speak.”

He smiled innocently, “Don’t worry about it. You’ll find out soon enough. Please make yourself comfortable. I know you’re tired.”

He seemed to calm me. I was terrified but I just felt like a wave of calm hit me. I didn’t feel threatened with William. I was hoping my gut feeling here wasn’t lying to me. I really didn’t need that to go wrong.

I could hear my music from my Ipod still playing. I dug into my pocket and let it fall to sleep. I pulled the headphones away from me and wrapped them around the little device and placed it back into my pocket.

He smile fell, “How long have your parents been like that?”

I looked at him, “What?”

“They seem rather harsh. I assume that woman isn’t your birth mother.”

“That’s none of your business.”

He sounded like some weird social worker, “A real Cinderella aren’t you?”

I didn’t respond and he seemed a little uneven, “Forgive me. You’re right, it’s not my place. Are you hungry? Thirsty? Usually, I am a wonderful host but on short notice I lack.”

“I’m fine.”

William shook his head, “No, you’re not. I can read you like a book.”

He moved his way closer to me with such fluency. I didn’t feel threatened but I did feel my body react to it. I could feel my pulse in the back of my head and down to my toes. I was ready to run if I needed to.

“Don’t be afraid. I’m not going to hurt you. You must trust me here.”

I backed away from him when he reached his hand forward. He tilted his head to the side in a curious manner before lowering is hand again. He stepped away from me and headed towards the door where the other man exited.

He seemed angry, “Stay here. I wouldn’t go out into the rest of the house. My men aren’t as nice as they look.”

As soon as he left the room I heard the door click. I had a feeling he locked it but I wasn’t too sure. I decided to look around a bit seeming the fact I was now stuck in here. Not to mention I needed a way out.

It was a rather large bedroom. It was larger then mine. Though, this room seemed to glow in a dark color to it. Still managed to make a ‘home-sweet-home’ feel. There were a few scattered pieces of furniture through out the room.

I didn’t bother keeping track of what they looked like because I found a window. I was over to it faster then a bear on honey. I had already begun to try to open it. The lock on it was old and rusted. Like as if it was never used. What I found interesting was there was no glass in the window. It was like a weird dark colored wood.

I banged my palm against the lock and was greeted with quite a bit of pain. I hissed but fought the lock some more till it finally turned. I pulled the two sides of the window towards me and could see the world with in my reach.

I looked down from the window and was met with a grim picture. I was on the second floor at least. I knew if I wanted to jump it I would probably break both my ankles and be killed by this weird gang. So I was going to have to find another way out.

No matter what. I was getting out of here before it was too late.
*************
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe!

Thanks for reading and thanks to all the people who have commented. XD

And thanks to my caring co-writer who puts up with me. XD

Sorry I was going to have this earlier but I had clincals. :/