‹ Prequel: Today In History
Sequel: History In The Making

Going Down In History

Joey's Story

The movie we went to see was some lame vampire romance movie. Ten minutes til the ending we got kicked out for making fun of it out loud and throwing popcorn at the people that yelled at us to shut up. We really didn't mind getting kicked out because the movie sucked, so it was a win win situation.

We got glares by the other employees that had to clean up our mess as we were escorted out of the theater. We were told not to come back for another month, but it wasn't like we had the money to come all the time anyway. Twelve dollars for one ticket was a rip-off, but thankfully Joey knew one of the employees who let us in for free.

I really didn't want to go home and I don't think Joey did either because as soon as we left we turned away from the apartment and toward the beach. My hands were shoved in my pockets and we were silent. The silence wasn't uncomfortable at all though.

"How long?" Joey asked silently. I didn't have a clue of what he meant by this question. We were only feet away from the beach now.

"How long what exactly?" I looked at Joey, but he kept his gaze on the beach ahead of us. He didn't speak for a while.

"How long have you had the voice?" We were on the beach now and walking along the coastline. The sun was even setting like in those cheesy romance movies that most girls are obsessed with.

"Oh um. Since the party. I think it was the drug those guys used that did it to me." I spoke softly, really not wanting to be brought back to that memory, though it was only last night. How could I possibly forget about it so soon? He stopped and sat down on the beach, me sitting next to him and taking my shoes off to run my feet through the sand.

"Nothing else is wrong with you right? Like you're not pregnant or anything?" His gaze was glued to the horizon and his hands were playing with the sand in front of him.

"No, I don't think I'm pregnant, but it's too early to tell. I'll know in a week or so." I saw him nod. It was true, I was pretty sure I wasn't pregnant. When I went in for my examination, the doctor told me he found traces of latex in my urine, so they had used a condom.

"I've had mine for three years." He spoke softly and looked down to his hands that were still playing in the sand. I didn't know what he meant at first and then I remembered we had been talking about my voice. "I was a little more reckless than most teenagers should be."

I didn't know what to say to him, but I knew he would tell me his story anyway. "Go on," I urged and nodded my head to give him support.

"Well, when I was 16 I was an idiot. I broke a lot of hearts and I didn't care. I liked to party and I hated authority of any kind. So one day my friend Josh invites me to this party at his house. It was a good party, tons of booze and tons pot. I was up to anything including some heroine that some guy offered me. It all started that night. I became a person with a dual personality, his name was Johnny and we were best friends. Only, I didn't really notice that he was me also. I became addicted to heroine because of him and that caused a girl that I really liked to leave me because I wouldn't choose between Johnny and her. I later went to rehab and that reduced Johnny down to a mere voice in my head. But he's always there." He looked up into the setting sun and I could see that there were tears lining his eyes. "I lost everything. And sometimes I miss having him because I liked having someone to talk to."

"I don't know what to say." Was all I could get out. I looked down to wear his hands were and saw what I believed was a drawing of his image of Johnny.

"It's just nice to have someone that knows what I'm going through. Ya know?" I looked up at him and he looked away. I looked back down towards my hand and started drawing pictures of my own.

I felt a hand lift my chip and brush a strand of hair out of my face. I didn't realize that it was Joey at first and that he was inches from me. I was speechless, my voice was caught in my throat and I couldn't say anything. I was even speechless when he leaned in and kissed me on the lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
*prepares herself for hateful comments*
[:
just part of the story. ;D
did anyone get the twilight reference from the begging about the lame vampire movie?
*prepares herself for hateful comments again*
muahahaha
tell me what you think ;D