‹ Prequel: Today In History
Sequel: History In The Making

Going Down In History

Promises, Promises

It was Saturday. A week and a half had passed and I felt like a robot. All I did was wake up, lay in bed, go to work, come home and sleep again. I talked to myself more often as I got lonelier and lonelier. Joey was right when he said that it's nice to have something to talk to.

Joey. I hadn't talked to him really. He kept trying to apologize and when I didn't except it he would leave and come home drunk. He was a real mess and I was starting to pity him by the way he was acting. He was a sweet drunk. He was always saying sorry and he even got me flowers and chocolates like it could make up for it.

I walked out of my room and into the kitchen to make myself something to eat. I only had weekends off usually so I didn't like to waste them. I wanted to go out. I walked into the kitchen to see Joey sitting at the table with his head in his hands. His head snapped up in my direction when he heard me come in.

"Charlie-" he stood up from his seat and walked over to me. It was the first good look I'd gotten of him since he kissed me. He looked exactly like Chris had that day that I saw him. Bags under his bloodshot eyes, pale skin and messy hair.

"Save it Joey. I don't want to hear it." I said sternly and turned and opened the fridge to dig around for something to eat. I felt a hand on my shoulder, was spun around and pressed against the fridge. "Joey go away."

"No. Not until you listen to me!" He snapped and kept me pressed against the fridge. This, he knew as well as I did, was the only way that he could get me to listen. I doing all I could to avoid him and keep him from getting to me. He finally found a way.

"Why would I listen to what you have to say?" I spat and tried to get myself free from his grip. It didn't work as well as I'd hoped it would.

"You have no choice but to listen right now. So shut up and let me tell you!" He spat back at me. I glared at him and gritted my teeth. I was still pitying the way I had been acting towards him, but I wouldn't let him know that.

"Fine." My voice was filled with as much venom as I could muster. My glare stayed and I felt his body loosen from it's previous tense state.

"Charlie, I don't know how many times I can say I'm sorry. But I never mean that I'm sorry. I really like you and I figured if I could get you to kiss me then you'd choose me over Chris. So I'm sorry for thinking that but I'm not sorry for kissing you. I miss talking to you. You're the only person that I've told about Johnny and I don't think I'll be able to trust anybody else. So please, please just start talking to me again? I'm begging you. If you want me to get down on my knees I will. If you want to punch me and kick the shit out of me, I will. As long as we can go back to being friends." He took a huge breath at the end of his speech. He needed it, he hadn't breathed at all since he began talking.

"Fine. We can go back to friends. But do not kiss me again. I will seriously kill you if you do." I gave him a half smile and he jumped forward to give me a hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! I promise I'll be the best friend ever!" He was jumping now with me in his arms. I just laughed and patted him on the back.

"Just don't screw this up again." I smiled and closed my eyes, much enjoying the hug.

"I promise I won't." I could feel him smile, but I didn't know how. I just knew he was. And honestly, now that I was going to be talking to him, I felt much better than I had all week. This was the start of something nice.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so short chapter
but the next one will be longer
promise ;D