I've Got a Secret

All The Lovers With No Time For Me

A reasonable amount of time has passed since the unfortunate encounter in the park. However, I can't seem to erase it from my memory.

Ever since my incident and my breakdown in the car, Brendon has been super attentive and
extra sweet. It's been about a week, and I don't think Brendon has let go of me at once. (He's taken to sneaking through my window every now and then. Things tend to stay PG-13 however.)

Currently we were standing in front of my locker, him with his hands on my hips, and my arms slung around his shoulders, planning our date for Saturday.

“So I was thinking that after we go-”

“Jesus fucking Christ.” Spencer's annoyed voice appeared out of nowhere. Since you two started dating, I hardly ever see my best friend anymore.” Brendon avoided eye contact, and I gave Spencer an apologetic look.

“Ry- I mean Jane, you completely blew me off on Saturday! And you never told me why -not that I can't guess- but you've hardly spoken to me at all in the last week.”

I sighed quietly.

I'm sorry. I wrote. I'll explain at lunch.

Oops. I don't think I ever told him about what happened in the park.

...What if I tell him and he never lets me out of the house ever again?

What am I thinking? He's not my mom.

Might as well be.

“Don't promise me anything. I already know you're not going to pry yourself away from your little boy toy just to eat lunch with the one person who's been by your side you're entire life.” He grumbled angrily as he walked away.

I looked at Brendon and sighed quietly. He gave me a sympathetic look and pecked my lips.

“Lets get to lunch.”

~*~

Spencer's POV

It's lunch time and, SURPRISE! Ryan and his whore are no where to be seen.

Okay, I guess that's a little harsh. He's a nice guy and everything, but I miss my best friend.

I sat down at the table with Jon. (whom I've become reasonable close with. He hasn't seen much of Brendon either.) His girlfriend Haley, and her friends Vicky and Greta. The constantly happy girls who want desperately to become friends with Jane for some reason. I don't know. They're nice I guess.

“Hey.” Jon greeted as I sat down.

“Hey.” I grumbled back, stabbing my cold excuse for a potato.

“Whats with the sour mood?” he asked.

I sighed. “I'm sorry.” I said . “I just finished chewing out the love birds. Jane had ditched me two weekends in a row now.” I explained.

“I know what you mean.” Jon said. “I haven't seen Brendon in who knows how long.”

“Yeah, we were going to try and make friends with Jane, but she's always busy with her boyfriend.” Vicky said.

“Spencer, can I ask you something?” Haley asked.

“Uh, shoot?” I answered.

“Are you sure you're not... you know... Jealous of Brendon? Are you sure you don't like Jane?”

I nearly choked on my food.

“What?” I exclaimed. “Hell... Of course not! She's like... she's like a sister to me.” Which is kind of true. He has to be one of the girliest men I've ever met. And the thought of Ryan and I as a couple, I found utterly disturbing. One, because I practically grew up with him, and two: he's a boy.

And I'm actually like, the only straight guy in his universe.

“No need to get so defensive.” Vicky smirked.

“You know,” Haley started. “If you're not all hung up on Jane, then you should ask Greta out.”

I dropped my fork and Vicky and Haley started laughing.

Greta turned about three different shades of red and punched Haley in the arm.

“What?” I choked.

“There! Not Greta say yes.” Vicky ordered.

“Vicky!” Greta exclaimed.

“Awww. Now you two are a couple!” Jon exclaimed. Smirking at me. I glared at him..

“Okay guys, lets leave the lovebirds alone to chat. See you guys later!” Haley said, grabbing Jon and her tray, before walking off, with Vicky right behind her.

Greta had her face in her hands and was extremely red. I just didn't even know how to respond.

“I'm, um, really sorry about that.” She mumbled. “We can just pretend that never happened.” She grabbed her bag and began to stand up before I could get my stupid mouth to work.

“Wait!” I said. “Or we could, not... y'know, not pretend it didn't happen...” I said, staring rejection in the face.

She sat back down and smiled.

“Are you.. asking me out fro real...? She asked.

“um...”

“Then the answer is yes.” she said, grabbing her things and standing up right before the bell rang.

That was one weird-ass lunch.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow, what a horrible filler. Sorry it took so long, we love you guys!!