I've Got a Secret

Nothing's Ever Built To Last

Ryan's POV

Throbbing. My head was throbbing.

I don't know why, but it was.

I opened my eyes; I noticed the white walls of the room that belongs to the nurse. I searched the room for someone to tell me what happened, no one was there. I felt the back of my head, expecting the feel of blonde curls. But no, instead I felt my own brown hair.

Oh shit.

I looked across the room, hoping my wig would be resting on a chair or on the floor. But no, it was nowhere. I sat up, and got on my feet.

Before I could do anything, the nurse walked in. "Oh, you're awake." She said resting a clipboard on the counter holding all the essentials for being a nurse. "Now-" she hesitated. "Jane. Somehow I think you aren't really Jane."

I pursed my lips. "Uh, why am I here?"

"You hit your head on the floor. I wouldn't be too worried." She adjusted her tight auburn bun. She was the typical conservative nurse. "Now, start explaining."

"Uh," I thought for a minute. Where do I start, where do I end? I will just have to think and talk at the same time. "So, a year ago, I got in a fight with some guys at my old school. They thought I 'looked' gay. I ended up in the hospital. I didn't exactly want to go back, so I came up with a plan. I'd try to be a girl, I mean, they though I acted like such a girl I though I could pull it off pretty well. And here I am, my secret out."

She watched me cautiously. "Wait, are you Ryan Ross?"

"Yes," I bit my lip.

"Oh," she trailed off. "You never though someone would find out? I mean, you even dated someone and you thought they would never find out?"

"That," I held a finger out. "Is a different and very long story."

She nodded and picked up her clipboard .She scribbled something down, and then walked out. "You can leave, Ryan. I will have to talk to the principal about this whole different identity thing, but for now you can leave."

I held my head down, embarassed. Even the principal is going to know, now.

Brendon was outside in the hallway. He grasped the wig in his hands, staring at it intently. His fingers gripped the curls tightly.

"Hey," I muttered quietly.

He glanced at me, eyes wide. "Ryan, are you okay?" He asked cautiously.

"Yeah."

Nothing came out of his mouth, he gulped loudly. "Do you want your wig?" He handed it towards me.

"No, there is no use. Everyone will know by tommorrow." I pushed it back. "Where is everyone?"

"Spencer and Jon left, they tried to chase after those guys. I doubt they caught them, though." He chuckled darkly. "Those dicks probably can out-run a car, fucking football players."

I smiled lightly. "Can you drive me home?" I asked timidly.

"Yeah."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohmygoshtenstars.

We love you all <3