I've Got a Secret

We Just Survive On The Scraps You Throw Away

Brendons POV

"Brendon, it is going to be okay." Ryan mumbled as I paced his living room. "You hated them, anyway. Now you can be whoever you want."

"It doesn't work like that, Ryan," I whispered. "Where the fuck am I going to live? How the fuck am I going to eat? I can't be homeless."

"No one said you would be homeless, Brendon." He perched on the couch.

"Well then where am I going to live?"

"Here."

"What?" I asked, a little stupidly. "Here? Ryan, I could never live here."

And that is when Ryan got a little defensive. "What is wrong with my house? Fuck, Brendon, you have nowhere to live. Unless Jon or Gabe are willing to let you live with them." He laughed stubbornly.

"You should never have to let me live with you. It's okay, Ry. I can find someone. I just-" I trailed off. I had no choice. I was going to live with Ryan.

"Don't worry, Bren." Ryan engulfed me in a hug. "My mom is going to be totally cool about this. She'll love you."

Yeah, I hope so.

"So, what shall we do?" Ryan draped his long arms over my shoulders. His amber eyes glued to mine.

"Uh," I thought. "Can we, like, eat?"

Ryan chuckled a bit. "Sure, Bren. I can even make cookies for you."

~*~

I think I have a hole in my sock.

And it is fucking annoying because I have to tell this guy about how 'reliable' I am while my toe pokes through that hole at an uncomfortable angle. The last thing I wanted to do today was go to the Smoothie Hut and try to get the job of cleaning up after other people.

As you could have guessed, I needed to find a job. Ryans mom was really cool with it, it was just she was having financial problems herself so she couldn't support me as well as her and Ryan. So I have to come up with $300 a month for food and rent, as well as more for clothing and what not.

"So Brendon," the middle aged owner started. "I see you have never had a job before." He set the few papers I had to prove I could handle this job. "Why should I hire you?"

"Well sir," I began, picking my words carefully in my mind. "I am very reliable. I work hard. I-" I ran out of words to formulate. "-Um, just need a start. This would go to my savings for a good university. My parents have been saving some money for my education, but I would need more if I wanted to go to the university of my choice." I put up a grin. Fuck, that was all such bullshit. I doubt I am even going to college.

"Hm, I see..." He muttered. "Well, we'll call you about this Brendon."

He rose from his seat, shaking my hand. Shit eating grin plastered on my face, I took his hand in mine. "Thank you, sir."

Later that day, I got a call. I am now enslaved to the Smoothie Hut.
♠ ♠ ♠
69 comments ;o

How pervy I am.

Anyway, all those comments for Kaelas chapter were lovely. We thank you all <3

Hey guys, it's kaela again imposing on Judy's chapter. I really really appreciated all the comments you guys left after the last chapter. I wanted to thank you so much. I feel kinda bad now for like nagging on you guys when you're all such devoted readers. <3 I love you all very much. Now I'm going to end this before it gets too sappy.