I've Got a Secret

And The Lies Just Won't Stop Slipping

After a very silent car ride, he pulled up to a movie theater.

“So, uh, I thought that maybe we could catch a movie, then maybe get something to eat?” he asked awkwardly, scratching the back of his head.

I gave him a smile and a nod, before climbing out of the car.

He walked close to me, arms almost touching. It was almost as if he was contemplating holding my hand.

~*~

The rest of the evening went smoothly. After the movie, we went to dinner. There was a lot of small “talk,” (Communication via notepad) nothing terrible exciting though. I still have no idea what he’s hiding. I knew it had to have been something big though.

I decided not to push it.

I’m sure that I would find out eventually, and if things didn’t last, then it wouldn’t be worth trying to find out anyway.

Currently we stood outside my house. My parents were most likely asleep, and assumed I was with Spencer.

“I had a really great time tonight.” He said, taking my hands. He went from being totally awkward, to being a sweet gentleman. Strange, but I’ll take it.

I pulled my hands away, and pulled out my notebook.

Really?

I wrote. It seemed that it would be difficult to have fun with someone you couldn’t even talk to.

He smiled and took my hands again.

“Yeah. I’m glad you finally agreed to go out with me. You’re fun to be with, it doesn’t matter if you can’t talk.” He chuckled.

I grinned and looked down, fighting back a chuckle of my own.

Because that wouldn’t be a dead giveaway.

“So,” he began. “Do you want to maybe want to go out again sometime?” he asked.

Say no! the little annoying voice in the back of my head that sounded an awfully lot like Spencer said.

It was probably a good idea, but I’m the “queen” of bad idea’s so, I nodded.

He smiled even wider, and pulled me into a hug.

I thought he was going to kiss me, which I wish he would have, but he didn’t.

“I’ll see you tomorrow at school, kay?” he said. “I should probably get back soon.”

I nodded again.

He gave me one last hug before heading back to his car.

I looked after him for a moment, before going inside.

I was still in a bit of a daze.

Why? Because the cutest boy I’ve ever seen just took me on a date, told me I was fun to be around, and asked me out again!

Damn, I even sound like a fucking boy obsessed teenage girl.

I should change out of this costume. Quick.

As I walked towards my room, I noticed my mom sitting at the counter, drinking coffee and reading the newspaper.

She looked up at me then sighed.

“Ryan, do you have to dress like that all the time? I mean, didn’t you just get back from Spencer’s house?” she said.

I sighed dramatically. “We went to the mall mom.” I mumbled.

She stared at me blankly for a second before her lips twitched, and it was obvious she was holding back a smile, and trying not to laugh.

“What?” I asked.

“If you’re going to talk, could you at least take the wig off please?” she giggled. “It makes you look like a transvestite.”

I rolled my eyes and stormed upstairs, as she burst into hysterical laughter.

~*~

“Where were you last night?” Spencer asked the next day at school. “I tried calling you, but you didn’t answer.”

I shrugged.

Probably asleep. I wrote down.

“I called you at four.” He said.

Crap.

Have you never heard of midday napping? God.

“Ryan…”

“Hey guys.” Brendon came up to us. Spencer glared at him. And I elbowed his side and smiled and waved at Brendon.

“So Jane, do you want to sit with us at lunch today?” he asked. “Um, your friend can come too.”

Spencer rolled his eyes. “My name is Spencer.” He said.

“Uh, right.” He said. “So, do you want to sit with us?”

I nodded.

“Cool.” He said with a wide grin. “I can’t wait for my friends to meet my new girlfriend.” He said before walking off.

Crap.

I turned to see Spencer looking at me in disbelief.

“Ryan!” he whisper-yelled.

I shrugged and looked down.

I pulled out my notebook.

He took me on a date last night okay?

He sighed dramatically. “Are you trying to get your secret exposed?” he whispered.

I rolled my eyes.

Things will be fine okay? I wrote down. I’m going to sit with them. Just be nice please.

He sighed. “Fine. And I hate to sound like an over protective parent here, but you’re not going out with him again.”

I rolled my eyes. I’ll do whatever the hell I want. I know my parents asked Spencer to look after me and everything, but I know what I’m doing. I’ll be careful.

Although I don’t have the courage to actually say that to Spencer, so I’ll just have to be secretive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fall Out Boy Titles FTW

Not being grounded is awesome.

this was done like a week ago, but i was grounded. Thats my excuse.