I've Got a Secret

A Beautiful Lie

For the past twenty minutes or so, Spencer has been waltzing through my living room yelling at me.

"How could you lie to me and date him?! Are you on crack?" He said that last part with the same pissed off face.

"I dunno..." I shrugged, it just wasn't that big a deal to me.

"Ryan..." He stopped pacing, shook his head, and sat next to me on the couch. "You cant seriously think it would work out if he ever found out...Do you?..."

I sighed,"No,i guess not."

"Then why were you dating him?"

"Because...I just want to be....'normal'..." I used air quotes for 'normal.'

"George Ryan Ross the Third, you dressing as a girl and going by the name Jane is not normal. Eyeliner may be normal for you, but blush, wigs, and skirts are far from normal." Spencer looked totally serious, which made me laugh. Only he could be talking about cross dressing and look like my mother. "What?!"

"Why do you look so serious?" I laughed a little more at his confused expression.

"Because this is a serious conversation?..."

"Spencer, this is not a serious conversation involving cross dressing. This is a serious question about me dating Brendon."

He sighed, yet again."Ryan, it was a bad idea to go out to begin with. I think you should just end it before-" The doorbell rang in the middle of the sentence, which doesn't make sense considering how the only person who ever visits me is the person sitting next to me.

I got up and answered the door, and guess who was here?

Brendon Urie, of course. He shows up in the middle of this specific conversation.

"Hi..." He said slowly as he looked over my shoulder, viewing Spencer on the couch.

"What are you doing here?!"Spencer yelled.

"Um...You were the one who kind of interrupted my date with Jane...So I just wanted to talk to her quickly..." He said looking between me and Spencer. I didn't have to turn around to see Spencer giving him the worst death glare I have ever seen.

"No! I stopped it just in time! This should never have even-" I decided to take advantage of where Spencer was standing, the perfect spot to push him outside into the bushes. Yes, call me an evil bitch, but Spencer needs to shut up.

"What the-" Spencer screamed as he hit the bushes. I pushed Brendon into the living room, and quickly locked the door.

Sorry, he wouldn't shut up. I quickly scribbled onto my handy little notepad.

He chuckled nervously, "Its okay." His voice sounded quite and stressed.

What's wrong?

"Nothing, its just...I have to tell you something..."

Okay...What is it?

Brendon opened his mouth, about to say something, when my mom walked in." Oh,hello. Are you a friend of Jane's?" She said it a little slowly, like she was about to say Ryan but instead said Jane.

"Kinda." Brendon said awkwardly.

"Okay,well I'll let you too talk."She looked around briefly,probably looking for Spencer. "I didn't even hear Spencer leave. Is he hiding somewhere or something?"

I just nodded.

"Okay..." She went back into the kitchen. I hope she doesn't eavesdrop.

So what were you saying? It's getting annoying to keep using this notebook thing, my hand really hurts. Its hard to think I am going to have to do this for the rest of the year.

"I..."He closed his eyes, and he leaned over. Is he trying to kiss me? I leaned in more, almost kissing him when he pulled back quickly, and finally stammered what he was saying out. "I'm gay."

There was an awkward silence; obviously because we didn't know what to say. It didn't last long though, because Brendon ran out the front door a second later.

So there I was; standing there after my boyfriend came out to me.

And the first thing I thought was:This might work after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay,second time posting this. The first time i forgot she couldnt talk.....so yeah......i had to change that.....

Hope you didnt read it and say:WTF.WTF.SHE CANT TALK. even though i remembered it pretty quickly x]