Status: Hiatus - loss of interest, time and support

Going Down In Flames

Taste the ink running through my veins

Alarms ruin everything, who ever invented them i honestly hate you. I was having the best dream and it was just getting to the good part when my good old alarm decided it would be a pain in my rear. I hit the alarm, sending it to the floor with an over exaggerated hard thump. Rolling my eyes i looked at the clock seeing the neon blue lights state 9:46am. Realising how close i was to hiding these scars a sudden excitement came over me. I grabbed my clothes and ran to the bathroom looking like a complete fool.
After my long shower i rapidly got changed and did my hair and makeup. I heard my phone go off from in my room indicating i had a text, i grabbed my dirty clothes and headed back into my room dumping them on the floor as i picked up my phone jumped back on my bed.
‘Good morning beautiful, can’t wait to see you today!’
- Received at 10:01am

‘Morning Aaron, me either, just want to get this tattoo so bad you have no idea. I’ll see you soon okay! <3’
- Sent at 10:02am

‘I hope to find out more behind this tattoo, see you soon <3’
- Received at 10:02am

With a smile visible on my face but with a hint of fear hiding in my eyes from Aaron’s statement about my reasons behind the tattoo i grabbed my bag and filled it with the essentials before heading downstairs. I grabbed an apple as i passed through the kitchen taking a chunk out of it as i walked into the back yard trying to find my personal driver. I saw basically all of the Nitro crew over near the foam pit, Jolene on her bike practicing her back flips. I watched her carefully as she rotated through the air, just over rotating it when she landed in the pit causing her to fall off backwards the bike crashing in front of her.

“Morning” Travis said to me as i joined them, i showed him a weak smile in return and raised my brows once.

“Hey Jim, can you take me in town?” i asked him; completely ignoring Travis’s surprised eyes.

“Argh why what for? Do i have to!” he said in a stubborn tone.

“I’m getting a new tattoo today and yes you do because you’re the one that dragged me here in the first place remember”

“Wait, i can take you i have to go into town soon anyway to pick up some parts i ordered for my bike” Travis interrupted.

“Thanks man” Jim thanked him and tapped his shoulder once – obviously all was forgiven and forgotten in their friendship.

“When do we need to go?” Travis asked me.

“Like, now”

“Okay, ill just grab my keys come on”

Travis headed back to the house, i glared at Jim and he just smirked i narrowed my eyes at him before i turned around and followed in Travis’s footsteps in the grass back to the house. I trailed his figure as he lead me though the house, out the front door and into his truck. I was going to kick Jim’s ass for this. It was pretty awkward for the first few minute of the drive into town until Travis decided to spark up a unwanted conversation.

“so you’re getting a new tattoo hey?”

“Yep” i said trying to stop this conversation.

“What are you getting?”

“you’ll just have to wait and see” i continued pursing my attempt of ending this conversation.

“Well, where are you getting it then?”

“On my wrist”

“Cool...”

“yup” i popped the ‘p’ at the end of my short response and stared out the window.

As we pulled up to the tattoo parlour it was really uncomfortable and awkward again, i genuinely wanted us to be friends again but i couldn’t until he apologized for what he said about me to Jim. If he couldn’t apologize because his not sorry about what he said than our friendship had no future, it would be as simple as that. I just wanted this time to come already so i could go on and choose a path from here. But i knew this time i longed for so bad wouldn’t come soon because of the reality of Travis not actually knowing that i knew what he said about me. I just wished there was some way for this situation to end, like a remote where i could just press skip on this part of my life story.

“Well, thanks for the ride” i said breaking the silence, beginning to open the door.

“Wait, Ally... do you want me to come with you while you’re getting the tattoo? I can hold your hand or for support of something” his eyes nervously fluttered over the car steering wheel.

“Nah I’m good thanks, i have someone meeting me here”

“Oh right” disappointment heavy in his eyes “who?”

“Him” i flicked my head over to Aaron emerging from his car.

“Who’s he?” Travis asked confused and sort of hurt.

“Thats Aaron, the guy who according to you had his tongue stuck down my throat” i sneered and got out of the car, slamming the door fiercely behind me.

Travis stared at me in shock and confusion as i walked towards Aaron, composing myself and the raging fire of anger inside of me; putting it on hiatus for now. Aaron’s smile cleared my head and the anger filled thoughts removed that were running through my mind. He greeted me followed by a hug and a simple kiss on the cheek. I stared down Travis’s truck as it accelerated down the road, not wanting to see if for a while.

“So you all ready for your first tattoo you little tattoo virgin” i teased poking him gently in the ribs.

“shut up you, and yes i am” he said playfully punching my arm.

“Nawh” i cooed “Am i going first or are you?”

“I don’t mind”

“Neither do i, it doesn’t bother me either which way because i know what’s going to happen” i shrugged pausing as he nodded taking it in “Well, do you want me to go first so you can see the whole process?”

“Are you sure? That would be really good if you don’t mind”

“Nah, it’s all good. Like i said it doesn’t bother me either way. I’ve had my fair share of tattoos obviously anyway so i know how it’s going to feel and stuff”

“Thanks, come on let’s get these tattoo’s” he said handing his hand out; i pleasingly took it entwining our fingers together.

“Hi, uhm we have an appointment for a tattoo each” Aaron said as we walked to the front desk, a small petit young lady greeted us with a smile.

“Sure, what’s the booking under?”

“Aaron O’Brien”

“Yep, okay” she paused marking off our names in the book where they kept the booking times and names of clients “Now, do you know what you both want or do you need to have a look at our tattoo books for some inspiration?”

Aaron looked at me and i nodded, smiling “Nah, we both know what we want”

“Okay, if you just want to take a seat one of our tattooists will be out to see you soon”

“Thanks” we both said in sync. I bit my lip with excitement as we took our seats patiently.

It made me confident that in this situation most people would be nervous in getting a tattoo when me, I’m excited as all hell. I couldn’t sit still, compared to Aaron’s stiff and noticeably nervous figure. I placed my hand gently on the thigh, patting it several times in comfort. He smiled and placed his hand on mine before tracing the contours of my hand; trailing down to my wrist.

“where are you getting your tattoo?” he asked quietly.

“My inner wrist” he flipped over my hand, exposing my scars.

I cringed at the sight of them as the unwanted memories flooded back. Aaron’s cool finger tip traced along each of the scars, following their each individual aspects. I looked down and brang my face and eyes to his soothing and sympathetic ones.

“You don’t need to tell me what caused you to do this to yourself, but it doesn’t change anything anyway. I’m glad these are scars and not recent, i would hate the thought of knowing your harming yourself. And it’s understandable why you would want to hide these” he said drowning deep into my eyes.

“You don’t know what it means to know that someone cares to not know the details of the past because they know it hurts the person being me to talk about it. I appreciate it a lot, so for that thankyou”

“No problem i have had my own personal bad experiences in the past. I don’t really talk about it much though because it’s called the past for a reason and there’s no point bringing back bad memories for the sake of a story”

I nodded, completely soaking in his words “So where are you getting your tattoo?” i said changing the subject of our conversation which was hitting close to home for both of us.

“On my inner right ankle”

“Nice! I’ve always wanted something their but never knew what to get”

“Haha, yeah I’ve seen a few tattoos on other people there and it looks sick”

“Yeah, i know hey” i smiled agreeing with him.

“Ally and Aaron?” The same lady from before came out with a tall, muscular man covered in tattoo’s stood behind her.

“Yep?” we both stood up.

“Were ready for you both in here, who’s up first?”

“I am” i smiled.

“Okay than, let’s get you both inked up” she winked and smiled turning on herself and walking back with the man into the parlour.

Aaron and i followed, i observed the different tattooists and their pure talent. I wish i had the talent to be able to do the pieces of work they do – now than i would have some kick ass tattoos. Jess, the lady from the front desk introduced us to Sam our tattooist before leaving us with him to discuss our tattoos. After i explained my tattoo Sam drew up some sketches for me with the details i had included. We decided on a designed which entailed two simple shaded raven’s one on top facing right and the other on the bottom facing left; slightly angled in the opposite directions. Flowing around the birds is the saying “pains temporary, quittings permanent” this tattoo meant a lot to me and Sam had taken my pain expressed in words and created something simple yet able to convey the perfect meaning and image of what i had in my mind.

Mine was soon finished and Aaron was up next, he decided on getting the simple saying “Make your own luck” tattoo on his inner ankle in a capital font which i really liked. The tattoo really suited him. Once we were finished with our tattoo’s we headed out to star bucks which was conveniently located down the street from the tattoo parlour. Aaron ordered us a coffee each as we patiently waited for them to be ready i observed our new tattoo’s repetitively. The hot coffee seeping down my throat warmed me from the inside, out. My phone beeped in my bag and i groaned placing my coffee on the table, Aaron grinning at my frustration. My expression turning sour as i read the text message from Travis.

‘Hi, uhm do you want a lift home? Because I’m finished with what i had to do in town.’
- Received at 12:04pm

I groaned and skulled the remains of my coffee, Aaron chuckling slightly “What’s the matter?” he asked.

“My lift home is ready to leave, i don’t wanna go!” i pouted.

“I can give you a lift home when were finished here if you want”

“Are you sure? I feel bad”

“Its fine seriously, i don’t mind at all”

“Thank you!” I leaned over the table and pecked his cheek.

‘Thanks, but no. Aaron offered to take me home’
- Sent at 12:06pm

‘Ah okay. Well, see you than i guess’
- Received at 12:07pm

We chatted for what seemed not long enough, i was having a lot more fun just sitting, chatting and drinking coffee with Aaron than i had in a while. I sighed when we had to go because Aaron had other commitments that he had to attend which sucks but it was understandable. I gave him directions to Travis’s house as we arrived Aaron whistled in amazement.

“Nice house!” he bellowed.

“Its not mine unfortunately. Its my brothers best friends, I’m staying here for another week and a half before i go home to LA”

“Ah right, how come your staying here?”

“I race in NASCAR i had a pretty bad crash during a race and i was in a coma. After i woke up my brother and my best friend slash manager insisted that i had a break and went away for awhile”

“Seriously?” he asked stunned.

I nodded and laughed a little “Your badass!” he grinned.

“Haha, thanks i guess?” i burrowed my brows in a little confusion.

“Have you heard of the show Nitro Circus?” i asked.

“Heck yes! I always watch it”

“Well, you know Jim DeChamp?”

“Yeah, the guy is a pro BMX rider”

“Yeah i know” i laughed a little on the inside “Well, his my brother. Ally DeChamp, name ring a bell?”

“Your life just gets better and better!” he looked stunned.

“I guess... well this is Travis’s house”

“Awesome, i thought i recognised it from somewhere – obviously the show. Is there really that massive kickass slip’n’slide in Travis’s backyard?”

“Yep, its awesome. One day when you don’t have plans before i go back to LA you should come around and we can tear it up”

“I’m loving this idea! Come on ill walk you to the door” he smiled.

I followed his words and got out of his car. I seen one of the blinds from the window in the front room move like someone was watching from inside. I rolled my eyes at whoever it was in them sticking their nose into my business; we laced fingers and walked to the front door. As we reluctantly reached the front door i groaned mentally not wanting my day with Aaron to end.

“I’ll talk to you soon and we can organise a day for us to tear up this slip’n’side up”

“Okay sounds good! I had fun today Aaron, thanks”

“Me too” he smiled.

I rubbed my lips together and bit my lip as Aaron bent down slowly bringing his lips to mine. Softly his lips touched against mine warming mine with an instant. Tenderly our lips moved together sealing today; gradually we drifted our lips apart a smile replacing the place where our lips had just touched.

“I’ll see you soon, bye Al” he kissed my lips lightly again before walking back to his car; driving away.

As i walked inside i seen Travis swiftly walk away from the front room. An instant anger came upon me knowing that he was the one looking out the window, sticking his nose in something that was nothing but mine and Aaron’s business. Even Jim wasn’t this bad, argh! Just thinking the two words Travis Pastrana makes me cringe and quiver with a burning anger.
♠ ♠ ♠
60 readers, 14 subscribers, 2 comments - what is this?
Come on guys, little more appreciation would be appreciated!
My other, more developed Travis Pastrana story; check it out -> The Only Exception