Status: Done :)

Too Good to Be True

Hide-and-think

The bell rang at 9am, and I hugged the girls goodbye. I wasn't in the mood for class right now, especially Biology; there was too much on my mind. As I had done so many times before, I slipped around the back of the school and waited for pupils to finish entering the school. I quickly darted across the front yard and around the side. It was a little hut, just sitting there, metres away from what I worked out was the gymnasium. I slipped inside, closing the door behind me.

I couldn't do too much to the hut to make it obvious that I had been there, but I did tidy it up a bit. I had a rug hidden beneath one of the panels in the wall, stolen from home. Fiona would never notice, nor care. I dumped my bag, locking the door behind me. It was ususally always locked anyway. After a few minutes of testing my strength, the panel finally came off, and I rolled the rug across the wooden floor. Sighing with relief, I sat the panel back up against the wall and sat down. Finally. This was like freedom for me; where i could go and not worry about anything. Just sleep, think, and sing. Yeah, sing. All my life i've wanted to be a singer, and unlike most of my other friends, that dream has continued on. I want to be a singer, properly. I don't know about being in a band, but I just know I want to sing.

So why do I have to go to school? It's pointless! I know enough math to get me through life, I can read, speak and write, so what's the point? The reason you go to school is to learn what you need for your future career, right? Well I don't need all that biology shit! I just need to sing. So thats what I do. I come here and I sing.

~*~

I lay on my back, my eyes closed, feeling peaceful. I thought back to my dreamlast night. I could remember how it felt to hug him. I could feel his gaze on me most of the time. Even when I was talking to Mikey, it was like he was looking into my soul. I smirked as I felt my stomach bubbling with excitement and wondered if I should.

Meh, just go for it.

All of a sudden I sat up and screamed my heart out. All the excitement that was in there came out. I knew I shouldn't be too loud, but I couldn't help it. Frank Iero, he...he...

He liked me?

I lay back down and decided to sing for a bit. I knew I couldn't sing anything My Chemical Romance, as that would set me off again, so I settled for Paramore. I smiled as the familar intro blasted through my earphones, nodding my head.

She lives in a fairytale, somewhere too far for us to find.
Forgotten the taste and smell of a world that she's left behind.
It's all about exposure, the lens I told her,
The angles were all wrong now she's ripping wings off of butterflies.


I slowly began to stand up...

Keep your feet on the ground.
With your heads in the clouds


I felt a smile creep onto my face as I knew what was coming. I belted it out, venting all my excitement.

Well go get your shovel! And we'll dig a deep hole!
To bury the castle, bury the castle!
Go get your shovel, and we'll dig a deep hole!
To bury the castle, bury the castle!
Badababadababada!


I felt myself jump around the hut as if it was a disco. I danced like no one was watching. It was amazing. I rested against the door and tilted my head back to catch my breath in preparation for the second verse. I opened my mouth to sing, but I felt the door vibrate behind me. In shock, I pulled out my earphones. Shit. Have I been caught!? I stood frozen, staring at the door before it knocked again.

"Hailey! Open up! It's break!" I let out a sigh of relief. It was Iona. They must've though I was still listening to music since they picked Iona('s loud volume).

"Just a sec!" I shouted. I quickly rolled up the rug and shoved it into the space in the wall.

"Okay!" she shouted. I laughed at her unecessary response before pushing the wood panel in place. I grabbed my bag and opened the door.

"Yo." I looked to see Iona, Matt, Ollie and Mandy. No Kim. "Where's Kim?" I asked, walking out. We set off for our spot round the back of the school.

"Ashley caught her." Ollie groaned.

"I wonder what she wanted from her?" Matt asked.

"No idea. Where did you last see her?" I looked around.

"Well, she said she was going down to the van," Iona shrugged.

"She'll only be there if she got away from Ashley, but I doubt she did." Mandy shrugged.

I heard muffled shouting. Kim?

"Woah, woah. Wait." I put out my arm to stop the guys, and put my finger to my lips, telling them to be quiet. After a moment of silence we heard:

"Yes I fuckin' did you cow! Will I prove it to you?"

We all looked at each other and rolled her eyes.

"We found her." Ollie grumbled as we set off to where the voice was coming from.
♠ ♠ ♠
At least this one's a little longer - right?

I was thinking of finding a picture of Hailey's little hut - but is it worth it?

If any of you have any questions about the story, just ask! And i'll put the reply in the A/N of the next story x