‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Status: Sequel to Second Heartbeat

Unbound (The Wild Ride)

Chapter Two.

I woke up from my pleasant sleep completely refreshed and looked over at a sleepy Zacky, his black hair plastered to his face and he looked so serene. I kissed his cheek and rolled out of bed, walking into the bathroom and splashing water on my face to look into the mirror. My features were untouched by stress, time, and everything else I’ve been through with and my grey eyes sprang brightly as I smelt food being cooked downstairs. I finished my business in the bathroom and headed downstairs, seeing an oblivious Billy at the oven. I giggle as I looked at his bed head hair and the fact that he was in a pair of dr. pepper pajama pants and no shirt. There were scars on his back from battles and William getting pissed at him, some that cut deeper than most. I wish those things would never have happened to him…many of those beatings were intended for me, but Billy would take full responsibility every time.
I snuck up behind him and jumped on his back, only to have myself pinned against the wall. Billy’s body was pressed to mine, fangs extended like a predator and his eyes glowing blood red.
“Whoa Killer, it’s just me.” I said calmly raising my hands and taking a strand of hair out of his face. His eyes flooded back to the same dark vampire color again as he recognized me.
“Justice?” He asked unpinning me. “Don’t sneak up on me like that! What if I had lost control?”
I rolled my eyes, laughing as I stepped away from the wall. “Hun do you forget that I can take care of myself?” I asked, hugging him.
“What is with all the hugging?” he asked trying to get out of my hug, slightly hurting my feelings.
“I like hugging…is there something wrong with that?” I asked defensively and bitterly crossing my arms over my chest.
“Nothing is wrong with it, I’m just not used to it that is all,” he grumbled, leaning up against and staring at me, “I’m not used to a lot of human things...”
“It’s ok, that takes time to get used to trust me and I’m sorry for scaring you.” I say sitting at the table after grabbing a glass of sweet tea. “How have you been?”
“How have I been?” he repeats, confused.
“Ya know…since everything?” I asked, rubbing the back of my neck.
“Um, I guess I’ve been alright. Its been hard adjusting, Killa and Brian are defiantly not William and a lot of us wanted William back, but then Killa got abducted by some asshole.” He said sitting down with a cup of coffee. “We were all furious and I guess that’s when we realized she was a better leader than William.”
“Yeah, William was quite the hard ass, but you have to admit that we had some pretty fun times even though I was on a mission.” I smiled down into my cup.
“Yeah, we might have, but that changes nothing considering you’re married to Vengeance” He says bitterly as he runs a hand through his hair.
“Yeah, but you’ll always be my buddy,” I state quietly and look up to see his food burning “Billy, your food!” I say pointing.
“Shit!” he yelled as he pulled everything off of the so fast that he blurred and set everything on the counter, just as Killa walked in.
“Morning sunshine!” I laugh grabbing a cup of coffee and handing it to her. “Don’t mind Billy, he got a little…distracted!” I say chuckling as he glares at me playfully.
“Have fun last night cap’n?” Billy smirks as he set down the food, getting a one finger salute from her and she took the coffee from me.
“Morning kiddo!” she says sitting down, all smiley and what not.
“Syn and I are gonna have a little talk.” I laugh thinking of how the children could have been spared of the screaming going on down the hall.
“We didn’t do anything,” she says smiling at me. “Billy is just jealous that his girl is too young to do anything with!”
“I take offense to that!” he states giving me my plate.
“So it’s true eh? You’ve fallen for my wee Jesebelle?” I asked laughing as I started eating, watching as he rolled his eyes and handed Killa her plate.
“I haven’t fallen for anyone!” he growled and glared into her eyes. “And I certainly haven’t sold my soul to anyone as well.” I slammed my hand down on the table.
“Damn it, Billy, I will not have this in my house!” I snapped and glared at him.
“What did you do this time, Billy?” Synyster laughed sleepily as he walks over to you and kisses you passionately on the lips. “Good morning to you”
“Morning” she whispers, biting her lip.
“I turned over to switch sides with you, but you weren’t there” his tone was a mix of hurt and fear, “I thought you left again.”
“I’m not leaving anytime soon.” She takes his hand and I smile at the both of them. I go to make a witty comment, but I am interrupted by the stomping of little feet running down the stairs and look over in time to see Jesebelle running down the stairs, tripping over her feet and towards the floor. Within a blink of an eye Billy was there and she never hit the ground, even when she was in Billy’s arms with her little eyes and fists shut extremely tight.
“It’s ok little one” Billy’s voice soothed her and she looked up at him with her big eyes, blushing a little.
“B-Billy?” she managed to get out, blushing harder when she realized she was in his arms.
“Yes love, why were you running down the stairs?” he asks as he sits her in one of the chairs and puts a plate in front of her.
“Well, well, well, well…” she got quiet as she tried to remember and her eyes lit up as she looked at me, “Mommy, Sparrow and Cami are fighting!”
“Why?” I ask, rubbing her back.
“Well, because of their stupid egos and they started arguing and I told them I was gonna tell you and Cami hit me and told me if I told, she’d end me and I ran downstairs and now I’m here!” she exclaimed all in one breathe.
“Camille Annette Baker Vengeance, get your ass down here!” I shouted up the stairs.
“You as well, Sparrow!” Billy snapped and glared at the boy came down the stairs.
“You’re no fun!” Sparrow whines as he and Camille stand in front of us. I hissed as they both sent a nasty glare at Jesebelle and they both stopped and Billy started.
“What the hell are you thinking young man? We’re guests in your Aunt and Uncle’s house!”
“Oh, look whose getting told!” Camille chuckled and I glared at her.
“Young lady, you have absolutely no room to talk. Go wake up your father and tell him what you did.” I snap, trying to watch my temper. They both have no right to be doing this to each other when they barely know one another.
“And you’re grounded from your abilities for one whole week young man!” Killa exclaimed at Sparrow.
“Mama, that is so unfair!” he exclaimed and Camille started laughing and he started at her, only to be cut off by Billy.
“Care to make it two?” he put his hand on Sparrow’s shoulder, only for him to rip his shoulder away, anger spiking the room.
“I wish you were still with Adam!” he yelled and took off upstairs, slamming the door behind him.
“Sparrow William Gates!” Brian yelled and then he looked at Killa. “He didn’t mean it darling.”
He put and arm around her as Jesebelle jumps in her laugh and hugs her.
“He really didn’t, he loves you to death and back.” She whispers and nuzzles her head against her and I see Billy all pouts.
“Hey, where’s my hug little one?” he asks and she looks at him. “I made you breakfast and all!”
“Coming right up!” she exclaims and jumps into his arms, hugging him around his throat as he kisses her forehead. She kissed his nose and smiled at him. “How’d you sleep?”
“Perfectly well, knowing everyone is safe and sound.” He whispered as his eyes went to their original color and I started giggling.
“Beyond adorable” I smile and pull out my camera and he rolls his eyes. I took the picture as Brian start laughing hysterically.
“Don’t look now Martin, but your human eye color is back.” He smirked and Billy looked in the mirror to see for himself. He shook his head and did a complete double take as if he didn’t believe it and looked at me smiling at me slightly.
“Daddy, I made Billy’s eye color normal!” Jesebelle exclaimed and jumped into her father’s arms as Zacky sleepily rubbed his eyes.
“Good for you for bringing out the softy in him.” He smiled and put her down, kissing her head before coming over and wrapping his arms around me. “Not fair walking out the room after giving me only one good morning kisses, you know I like more than one.” I giggle and kiss him softly, hearing Billy growl under his breathe.
Was he seriously not over me? I mean, we had a thing going while I was at William’s, but I was married with two children. I was slightly not over him though…he was the only one that understood me while I was there since I wasn’t permitted to be with Zacky.
“Cap’n, I’m not going soft am I?” Billy pouted and Killa placed a hand on his shoulders.
“You’re still one bad ass vampire Billy.” She laughs and he grins a bit.
“Hey Jese, why don’t you take Uncle Billy on a tour of the house?” Brian chuckled and her eyes lit up as he started backing up. “I’m sure he’d loved to see it.”
“He’s not my Uncle silly…that’d be icky!” she exclaimed and started pulling him upstairs. Killa laughed and wrapped her arms around Brian, only to back away with a pained look on her face and I bite my lip.
“Are you ok?” Zacky asked as Brian sat her back down and she growled.
“Adam is just jealous he’s not on the receiving end,” she snaps. “he needs to get over his huge ego!”
“I agr…”
I was cut off as Crow ran downstairs, hugging his mom tightly.
“Mama, are you ok? I felt someone in pain and I knew it was you. Aunty, she’s ok right?” he asked coming over to me and I smiled at him.
“It’s just Adam’s control hunny, don’t worry bout her ok?” I said rubbing his back and he looked me in the eyes.
“This Adam guy is a meany!” he exclaims, hugging me and I lay my head on his.
“That he is darling, but that’s why we’re going to take care of him.” I whispered and he shuddered in my arms.
“Sparrow told me she was going to leave again…I don’t want to lose her again.” Tears start falling down his small little face and I wipe them away.
“She’s not going to sweetheart.”
“Sparrow said he saw her going back to Adam, sneaking off during the night and everything!”
“He can see the future?” I ask, cocking my head to the side.
“Yes, he’s got mommy’s ability along with another…but not daddy’s.” he bites his lip like he has said way too much.
“What do you mean by that?” I take him into the living room, where no one is at.
“Well, when he gets really angry he has these black strings that come from his hands and they hurt a lot.” He gulps and looks upstairs nervously. “Uncle Billy says that William must have done it to him before he died and now he’s connected to him…do you think he could be right?”
“I’m not sure darling.” I looked out the window and saw three cars pull in at the same time. “For now I don’t what you to think about it alright? Pinky promise?” I hold up my pinky as he slips his into mine.
“Now, would you like to meet the other kids?” I ask standing up with his hand in him and he looked up at me eyes widened with fear.
“Some…thing isn’t right!” he exclaimed and I was about to ask what he meant, when a scream came from upstairs. Camille’s scream. My baby was in trouble!
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two up and running.
Stay tuned for Chapter Three.
Lots o' love.
Liacide XIII