Status: Active. . .

Freeway

Peter

“Hey girl.” I said as Rose hopped into the car, literally. I had the top down because it was too gorgeous of a day to have the top up. “So, ready for a life changing experience?” I questioned, turning the wheel to head off and pick up the rest of the girls.

“Heck yes! No more parents!” She said, putting her arms in the air.

“No more.” At least, I hoped no more. I wanted this chance to change my life, start a new. This small town just wasn’t big enough. I mean, it didn’t have to be huge, but I wanted to live in a place where you wouldn’t end up in another town after walking five steps. “I’m already prepared for this road trip.” I told her, turning at a light and pulled up in front of Chrystal’s house, honking the horn.

“Oh yeah?” She raised an eyebrow. “How?”

“That suitcase in back? Filled with necessities and a first aid kit.” I replied.

“You dork.” She hit me in the arm and I feigned injury.

“Ow.” I grabbed my arm and made a pouty face. “You’re mean.”

“Oh quit being such a drama queen.” She laughed as the other girls walked out of the house. I laughed also, then sighed.

The other night I had spent a lot of time packing and unpacking, panicking about the car and whether all the fixing I had gotten done on it was going to keep it going. I had nothing to do but panic. My mom and step-dad had both been at work, like always. So I was alone, eating my TV dinner because mom hadn’t gone grocery shopping yet and I didn’t want to mess with my car until I needed to. So yes, when Rose called me a dork I was indeed a dork. But I was now glad to go away. No more Steven Adams pushing me into lockers so hard that I would bust a lip. No more whispers and stares and pointing at the strange kid.

This was an escape from my past, the one that everyone knew about because it was a small town. I actually kept a journal-yes, a journal, not a diary-to keep myself sane. Now that I was leaving I wouldn’t need to write in it as much. But I would keep it with me for a long time. It was like my connection with life, lame as that sounds.

I drove to Lyla’s house deep in my own thoughts. I heard the girls talking, but none of it punctured my brain until I received a thunk in the head. “Hey, if you’re going to drive in that state might as well give me the wheel.” Lyla said.

“Sorry.” I mumbled, flushing bright red.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope that this is good and everybody likes it. Enjoy, love, comments, and subscribe! :D