Status: Active. . .

Freeway

Chrystal

I placed my forehead on the window, the glass cool on my flesh. The car was stuffy and we were still waking up even though it was well past 7am. We were all used to getting up at 5am for school, so this was a luxury. I forced back a yawn and looked around the car. We were an interesting bunch. A bunch of girls with a guy driving cross-country.

I watched Rose carefully as we drove, her smile was huge and her limbs jumpy.

“What are you so excited about?” I asked, poking her in the ribs. She turned her smile my way and I couldn’t help but smile a little back.

“Nothin’,” she said, but I knew there was something up by her devious smile.

I shrugged, it wasn’t my place to say anything.

And that’s when I saw them.

The boys were leaning against a girl-car.

“Lets help them,” Rose said, her eyes eating up the boys. I scoffed.

“You’re such a horn dog!” I giggled and poked her in the ribs again.

Freya joined me in poking Rose, but she wouldn’t give up any type of information.

Peter rolled his eyes at us in the rear view mirror, but turned to the side of the highway and stopped behind the broken-down car. We got out and greeted them with sleepy smiles.

“Hey boys, what seems to be the problem?” Lyla teased.

“He thought it would be a good idea to put petrol in a diesel car,” a muscular, blonde guy said, a British accent staining his words. He pointed at his friend, who had dark hair, a hat and a silly smile on his face. I laughed.

“You’re retarded,” I said through my giggles and Freya joined me. We hung off each other’s shoulders.

Hat-guy flushed red and opened his mouth to say something, but Rose interrupted him.

“Hey, I’m Rose. I’m sure we have room in our car. Where are you guys heading?” She asked, completely taking the conversation into her own hands.

Hat-guy smiled at her.

“Anywhere away from home.” He answered.

So, it was arranged. They were to come with us until the next town and that’s where they were going to stay.

---


Having male company that wasn’t homosexual was nice. The boys were all charming and funny. Rose and Seth(Hat-guy) seemed to click instantly. Freya and I talked to Atticus and Ethan about everything.

Home, girls, guys, school, work, past experiences in all fields, past relationships and so on. Freya turned to me and raised an eyebrow.

“You know, I never did ask you, what ever happened to Alex? I thought you two were still dating?” She asked with curiosity.

“Once the road trip was all set up, I let her down gently. There was no way I was going to spend this time depressed and missing a girl that I’ve dated less than 2 months,” I said with a shrug. But even though I was uncaring on the exterior, I was still hurting a little inside. Alex and I had clicked like nothing, we were friends and just happened to have a romantic interest in each other.

But of course, I kept myself a little distance, I was always the one to say goodbye first. I had a bad track record with being a couple; girls and guys included.

Freya nodded, understanding. She understood everything. I was glad I had her, it was just easier to breath with her around. She was like my second half. If we spent too much time apart, I got depressed and grouchy.

She went away for a week on vacation and by the end of it, I hardly even got out of bed to go meet her at the airport.

It was crazy the type of connection you can have with a best friend.

We stopped at McDonald’s and climbed out the car.

I’m sure it looked like a clown car from inside the pit-stop, there were 8 teens getting out of a car that looked smaller than it really was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait, I totally forgot it was my time to update ><