Status: Brand-spanking-new and active.

Bulletproof

Outside of Battery City, the arid, unforgiving desert isn’t an ideal place to survive. However, it may seem like a paradise compared to the uniform, sterile and leering buildings lining the city’s streets. BL/ind, the company behind the sudden uniform security, is a polite wolf-in-sheep’s clothing for the most part, aggressively keeping a repressed peace among the citizens of the city behind the scenes. However, even the most well-disguised wolf will shed its disguise if its place in the hierarchy is threatened. There can only be one alpha.

Enter the Killjoys, a group of brightly-colored, desert-dwelling rebels with a knack for raising hell. With considerably fewer bodies on their side, though, they’ve taken to a hit-and-run method when it comes to fighting the goons of the Better Living Industries, called Draculoids.

You can only keep yourself hidden for so long while causing so much trouble. The Killjoys, and those who join their cause, are in constant danger of BL/ind and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W’s far-reaching wrath. They have more money, more power, and more at their disposal. In a world where you have to keep running to save yourself and fight for what you believe to be right, it’s only a matter of time before you run yourself right back into trouble, right back to where you began.

I, Harley Roxanne Grimm (also known as Moony), lost my parents to BL/ind four years ago, when I was thirteen. My sister, working in a firm in Battery City, isn’t allowed contact with anyone outside of BL/ind’s grid. My brother, too faint-hearted for the constant strain of the two warring sides, settled himself in a nice restaurant in the Zones, and found what little peace he could in his work. The youngest of the three Grimm children, I was expected to follow my sister (the eldest). Life in Battery City was worse than death, and I managed to run away before I hit fifteen. Being so young and without money, food, or shelter, however, made my plan to make it on my own much harder. Just when I thought I might have to give it up and go crawling back to the city I hated so much, I found my solution, and greatest ally, in another runaway.

Now seventeen and already making waves for BL/ind, I’ve bitten off a little more than I can chew. Making trouble for the largest and most powerful company in the world has dire consequences.

But you know what they say: what doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger. And angrier.

Disclaimer: No, I don't own the boys of MCR. I don't own their ideas. I only own the characters and places that don't seem familiar to you (hint: because I made them up?).
  1. Keep Running!
    “C’mon, Grace. An enemy of our enemy is an ally, at least for right now. We can’t afford to wait around for them to come back, okay?”
  2. The Sharpest Lives are the Deadliest to Lead
    "I'll explain later, but you either stop this car or I'm jumping the hell out."
  3. Let Me Be the One to Save You
    'Wake up... TIME TO DINE'
  4. I Can't Slow Down
    “You said ‘are’. Not ‘were’,” I pointed out. He nodded, still looking a little confused. “Present tense, like you think she’s still out there,” I elaborated. He smiled then, too.
  5. There Might Be Something Outside the Window...
    "For as powerful as they are, they never seem to catch on.”
  6. Get Up and Go
    "You're lucky you weren't shot, you moron!"
  7. Bad News from the Zones
    Then, I heard tires squeal and I saw the dust coming kicking up behind us. Whoever was driving was hightailing it the hell out. I didn’t see Poison or Kobra.
  8. I'll Keep it Safe and Sound
    "Long story short, I trust you guys."
  9. I'm Who I've Got to Be
    "She told us that it was okay to be human. People cry, people laugh, they scream and they fight. People are dynamic, not static.”
  10. It's Death or Victory
    I huddled in on myself while my entire body shook. I couldn't lose. Not now.
  11. I Believe We're the Enemy
    "Do you guys hear that?"
  12. I Hear You've Been Bleeding
    "What happened to you guys out there?"
  13. Turn Up the Fakes and Lies
    Whoever had said that the dark was to be feared had clearly never been the scariest thing hiding in the shadows.
  14. Just Don't Let Go
    So close to giving up the people that I’d grown to care about just for one last taste of freedom.
  15. Nevermind About the Shape I'm In
    "You're really ***ing stupid, do you know that?"
  16. We've Got to Go
    "There's something I'm forgetting. Something important."
  17. The Last Thing I See
    "I'm proud of you two."
  18. I Know a Thing About Contrition
    “Oh, shit,” he echoed, and I nodded meekly.
  19. What Will Save Us?
    “Nic’s dead, Lee’s dead, Mom and Dad are gone, and my baby sister spends her time having gun fights in the middle of the god damn desert! You’re the only family that I have left, and you’re hardly ever here! You‘re out there playing hero, and I‘m alw
  20. Gimme Gimme Good Times!
    "People die out here, every single day."
  21. You Told Me This Gets Harder
  22. Never Be Afraid Again
    "Life would go on without me if I let it slow me down now, and I couldn’t let that happen."
  23. How Wrong We Were to Think...
    "Get down!"
  24. A Thousand Bodies Piled Up
    "You made me a promise."
  25. All the Wounds that are Never Gonna Scar Me
    "He's gonna die unless you let us help him."