‹ Prequel: Undisclosed Desires
Status: Updates Come and Go... Consider It a Surprise :)

For You, I Will

Don't Let Me Go

“Did you enjoy your first day?” my mom asked, passing me a plate of garlic bread. I smiled as I took a slice, saying,

“Yeah, it was great. Nessie and I have every class together.”

“Gotta thank your Uncle Carlisle for that one,” my dad said, taking a huge bite of spaghetti. He had patrol tonight, and he always stocked up on food before he left.

“I have Mr. Ruddum again,” Lucas said around a mouthful of corn.

“Chew it, Lucas,” my mom said, frowning at him; Lucas rolled his eyes, but swallowed his corn before continuing.

“Ara and I have French class together.”

I made a gagging noise. Lucas narrowed his eyes and said,

“Did you tell mom about your little attitude with your sister today?”

“Arabella is not my sister,” I snapped, taking a chunk out of my bread.

My mom sighed, saying,

“Lillie, I really wish you’d quit fighting with Arabella. She’s Lucas’s sister, and you two used to be so close.”

“She started it,” I mumbled, knowing full well that wasn’t true. My dad just laughed; he turned to my mom and said,

“Hon, if Lillie Pad doesn’t want to be friends with Ara, she doesn’t need to. But Lil, I don’t want to hear about any fighting, is that clear?”

I smiled at him; my dad always kept my mom from getting too upset.

“Yes, dad,” I said.

“Yes dad,” Lucas repeated, raising his voice to mock me. I glared at him, and was just about to say something I’d regret, when I heard my phone ringing from my room.

I only had four specialized ring tones for people; Renesmee got her favorite song, Crossfire by Brandon Flowers. My mom and dad had Livin’ on a Prayer by Bon Jovi. Lucas had his favorite song, Hero by Skillet. And the ringtone that was going off right now was This is War by 30 Seconds to Mars, which was Embry’s favorite song.

I nearly knocked the chair over, running to answer the call. I snatched it up and flipped the phone open.

“Hey, Embry!”

“Hey Embry,” Lucas mocked from the other room.

“Shut up Luke!” I hollered.

“Hello to you too,” Embry laughed. I smiled. “So what are you doing in about five minutes?”

“Probably whatever you’re doing,” I said, dropping down on my bed.

“Oh, Embry! Embry!” Lucas mocked, leaning up against the door frame.

“Shut it, Lucas!” I snapped, throwing a shoe at him. He dodged easily, then skipped down the hallway, singing,

“Lillie and Embry, sitting in a tree, f-u-c-k-“

LUCAS PAUL CLEARWATER! If you finish that sentence, you’ll be in a world of hurt!” my mom screamed down the hall.

“How’s about you ditch that mad house and come to the cliffs with me and the guys?”

“Let me ask,” I said, getting up off my bed; I kicked my shoe back into my room, and asked,

“Hey mom, can I go with Embry for a bit?”

“It’s a school night, Lillie,” she began.

It’s okay, Mrs. Clearwater! I’ll have her home before nine!” Embry hollered through the phone. I rolled my eyes.

My mom’s expression didn’t change.

“No, Lillie. It’s not a good idea. It’s to cold outside, and the cliffs are dangerous at night.”

I sighed.

“Can I call you back in a few?”

“Sure, I’ll be waiting.”

I snapped the phone shut, and looked at my mom.

“Nessie and Jake are probably going. Aunt Bella is fine with them doing stuff at night.”

“I know, Lillie,” my mom said, picking up a basket of Lucas’s dirty laundry. “But do I look like Aunt Bella?”

“No,” I said, smiling. “You’re way prettier.”

“Nice try, honey. But no.”

“What’s no?” my dad asked, poking his head up and looking over the back of the couch.

“Embry wants me to go to the cliffs with him. Nessie and Jake are probably already there. But mom said no.”

“Why not honey?”

“You know perfectly well why I don’t want her going,” my mom said, her voice sharper than before. My dad sighed and stood up as he said,

“Lillie Pad, you can go. Just be home before it’s too late, okay?”

My mom made a move to object, but my dad quickly ushered her into the laundry room.

I rolled my eyes, and was just about to call Embry, when I heard the front door open.

We never, ever locked our front door. If anyone was stupid enough to try and break in, they’d get their asses handed to them.

Embry grinned and said,

“You coming?”

“Yup. Dad gave me the okay.”

“Put a jacket on, it’s cold out,” Embry said, scrutinizing my jeans and tank top I had on now. I rolled my eyes dramatically at him and said,

“Yes, mom.”

Embry laughed and said,

“Hurry up, slowpoke. Jake and Nessie are waiting in the car.”

“Bye mom! By dad!” I called as Embry took my elbow and began to tow me outside.

“Goodbye Lillian! Make good choices! Practice safe sex!” Lucas called down the hall.

“Lucas Paul Clearwater!”

Ten minutes later, Nessie and I were climbing out of the rabbit and running up the side of the cliff.

“Well look who it is,” Quil said, grinning at the site of us. He held open his arms and Nessie and I nearly tackled him. Quil’s girlfriend (and imprint) Claire beamed at us, and we gave her hugs as well.

“Finally decided to show up,” Jared teased, shaking out his dripping hair. Kim, his gorgeous fiancé, was perched on the rocks a little ways away, smiling at him. Sam and Emily, who were now married (their wedding was gorgeous, Nessie and I were the flower girls), were lounging on a blanket underneath a nearby tree. Emily patted the ground, and we skipped over to them, dropping down next to her.

“Hi girls,” Emily said, giving us both one-armed hugs. “How was your first day of high school?”

“Great!” Nessie exclaimed, and she dove right into a second-by-second account of what had happened.

I partially listened, though I was distracted by Embry. He had just begun to take his jacket off, and I knew what came next. I watched, trying to control the drool, as Embry pulled his t-shirt off.

To my surprise, he came jogging over to me, and handed me his things. They were still warm.

“Can I trust you?”

“Nope,” I teased, pretending to toss his shirt off the cliff. He rolled his eyes.

“Put my hoodie on if you get cold. I don’t want you getting sick.”

“Nope,” I said again, earning me a playful shove as he jogged back over to the guys. Jake delivered his clothes to Nessie, gave her a kiss on the cheek, and then took a running leap off the cliff. The boys hollered, and Nessie and I clapped.

Embry caught my eye, winked, and then grabbed Quil as he dove off the cliff. Everyone burst out laughing.

As Jake came back up, tailed by Embry and Quil, Jake asked Nessie and I,

“Want to see something hilarious?”

And without warning, he spun around, grabbed Embry, and yelled,

“This…is… SPARTA!”

And then chucked him over the edge.

Nessie and I were still in tears as Embry came jogging up the path, shaking water from his hair.

“Oh, you think that’s funny Lillie??” He asked, running over to me.

“No! Embry!” I squealed, leaping up from the blanket. I sprinted away from Embry as fast as I could, but of course he was faster. He grabbed me around the middle and picked me up, spinning me around.
“Jeeze, Lillie, my backpack’s heavier than you!”

I laughed and wriggled in his arms.

“Let me go!”

“Oh, let you go?”

I squealed again as Embry hoisted me up into his arms, and then lifted me over his head.

“No! Em! Don’t do it!” I laughed.

“You want to be let go, right?”

“No! Don’t let me go, Embry!”

Embry laughed, tossed me up, and then caught me easily in his arms. As he sat me down, he said,

“Close enough.”

I didn’t miss the sad smile he gave me as he headed back over to the others, and I couldn’t help but feel my heart twist a little bit.

ღ Later That Night ღ

***My POV***

“Do you want some coffee?” Seth asked softly, coming into the living room. He’d just done another check to make sure Lillie and Lucas were asleep.

“I’m fine, thanks,” Embry said, and Jacob nodded in agreement.

“I’d like some,” Paul said, stretching back in the recliner.

As Seth bustled about in the kitchen, Alex asked quietly,

“Why did you want to talk?”

“Why don’t you want me telling Lillie she’s my imprint?” Embry asked, looking at Alex with tear filled eyes. She hardened her glare.

“I don’t want my daughter getting hurt like I did,” she said, sparing a glance at Paul.

“Is that the only reason I came? For you to point out everything I did wrong?” Paul snapped, sitting up.

“No, I actually don’t even know why you came,” Alex said, her temper rising. Paul rolled his eyes.

“Look, Alex, I get it. You’re scared. You want Lillie to lead a full life, and that’s great. But I know she likes me too. And it hurts not to be able to hug her like Jake does, or tell her he loves her, like Jake does. Not all imprints are like Paul.”

“Watch it,” Paul growled, accepting the cup of coffee.

Seth settled down beside Alex, and said,

“Lillie’s growing up. If she likes Embry, I say let her go for it.”

“She’s only fourteen!”

“Fifteen in December,” Embry said, and was immediately shushed from the look Alex gave him.

“She’s too young to settle on who she loves,” Alex said, her voice cracking a little. “She hasn’t lived life. Let her make her own choices, unaffected by the thought of you in her mind.”

“Ouch,” Embry said, frowning. “Jesus, Alex, I’m not going to kidnap her and brainwash her or anything. I just want to tell her that I love her. It hurts to keep it in. When do you expect me to tell her? When she’s thirty and settled down with someone else?”

“Look at Renesmee and I,” Jacob said, coming to Embry’s defense. “I’ve loved her since the moment she was born. Embry’s loved no one but Lillie, and I know it wont change for him. He’s not as, well, easily distracted, as Paul.”

“Seriously,” Paul snarled.

“I don’t care. Lillie’s too young, and I don’t want anyone saying anything to her about this. My daughter, my choice.”

“It’s her life, Alex. Why don’t you let her start living it?” Embry growled, standing up. “You’re trying to keep her away from me, but it’s not going to work. Everyone’s starting to separate us, and I can’t take it. I’ll snap, one of these days, and no matter what alpha command I have,” he said, glancing at Jacob. “I won’t hold back. I love Lillie, more than anything, and she’ll know about it.”

With that, Embry turned and stalked out of the house, shaking from anger. Paul rolled his eyes, muttered a goodnight, and then headed out after Embry. Jacob sighed, and said,

“I really think you should reconsider, Alex. I’ll keep my command on Embry, but I really think you’re hurting not only Embry, but Lillie too.”

Jacob nodded at Seth, and then headed out after his packmates.

Alex slumped back into the couch, tears running down her face.

“I’m just trying to do what’s best for Lillie,” she said softly, letting Seth pull her to his side. He hugged her tightly, kissing the top of her head.

“I know, I know. Let’s get some sleep, okay?”

Alex nodded, and allowed herself to be picked up off the couch. Seth took her hand and led her down the hallway towards bed.

Alex paused at Lillie’s door, and glanced inside.

Lillie was sprawled on the bed, her covers and comforter tossed to the floor, her golden hair askew on the pillow.

Alex smiled and went inside, grabbing the blankets and covering her daughter up. She kissed Lillie softly on the forehead, and backed out of the room.

She needed to protect her daughter; she couldn’t stand to see Lillie get hurt.
♠ ♠ ♠
delejacks

heroesfail;

already insane

Kristalynnxx

ShelbehRaeXD

PeaceOutDude123

beautifulnightmare0

Dang! Thanks for all the comments! I'm glad you all want me to continue the story!

Woo! 2 hour delay :D of course, I was already up, showered, and dressed, so I decided to sit down and write. So now, updates for everybody!

I’m glad you all commented, and I’m glad you all want me to continue! So here’s a five page update for you! Enjoy :) oh, and like I said, I made a banner and I have links to character pictures on the summary page, so go check em out! I worked hard on the banner.

Comment and subscribe! The more comments I get, the faster updates come out!