Status: a bit of a writer's block

Wounds That Will Not Heal

What's Wrong

We got to the hospital within two minutes. A doctor was already waiting for us by the entrance. The paramedics took the stretcher by the opposite sides and pulled it out of the ambulance along with Johanna's still body.

One of the paramedics started to give all of the information to the doctor while we were entering the hospital. I followed them inside and continued walking right beside them. They were talking too technically for me to understand and I was starting to get frustrated.
"Is she going to be okay?" I asked the doctor.

He didn't answer me, instead he continued talking to the paramedics.
My anger erupted. "Answer me!" I yelled. "Is. She. Going. To. Be. Okay?!" I repeated making a pause between every word.
"We need to run a few checks first to see why did she collapse in the first place. As soon as we know what state is she in and is she okay we will let you know." He answered calmly.
Just as I was about to ask when will they know what is wrong with her he cut me off. "Just calm down. I'm sure everything is gonna be okay. The checks don't take long so we will probably know what is wrong pretty soon." He gave me a sympathetic smile. He turned around and got in the room that the paramedics previously brought Johanna in.

I sighed. One of the nurses came up to me. "Hello." She gave me a warm smile. She was pretty young for a nurse but she seemed to be pretty smart and cut out for it. "You will need to fill up some paper work for your friend. If you don't know something it's okay, she will fill that but make sure to fill everything you know." She paused for a second. " Come on, I'll take you to the waiting room."

I followed her to a room filled with chairs and awareness posters. In the middle of the room there was a wooden table filled with all kinds of magazines. Well at least I'll have something to read. "Please bring it back to me when you finish." She said and with that she left leaving me all alone, already depressed enough and now I needed to be in this even more depressing room. waiting for the doctor to tell me what is wrong with my best friend.

I sat down on one of the plastic white chairs and started filling up the papers that the nurse gave me. After about 10 minutes of answering similar detailed questions I was finally done. I got up and went to the reception table. I saw the nurse that I met not so long ago arranging files.

I cleared my throat and she looked up. "Hi. I-I'm done with this." I muttered.
"Okay, just put it there." She pointed to the desk. I nodded and put the papers where she showed me to. She continued what she was doing.
"Sorry to bother you but do you know when are all of my friends checkups going to be over?" I asked.
"They should be over in 5 to 10 minutes tops." She smiled.
"Okay thank you." I said turning around.
She stopped me. "Did you call her parents?"
"No. I didn't think it's anything serious so I didn't want to worry them." I said.

I headed back to the waiting room. The only problem was - I couldn't find it. Everything seemed the same. The hallways, doors, posters. It was like I was going in circles. I stopped in ma track and looked around. Oh, don't tell me I was already here! I sighed.

"You lost?" I heard a deep voice with thick French accent. I turned to see a tall, skinny guy, with shoulder long brown hair and piercing hazel eyes. He checked me out and smiled.
I felt blood rush to my cheeks and his smile widened.
"Yes." I blushed again. God, why do I keep blushing?
"What are you looking for?" He was still smiling to me.
"The waiting room."
"It's down the hall, last door on the left." He pointed to the end of the hallway.
"Thank you." I smiled thankfully to him.

I headed to the waiting room but I stopped after a few steps realizing something. I turned back around. "I'm Laura, by the way." I smiled shyly.
"I'm Matt." He smiled again. What is it about his perfect smile that makes my stomach turn?
I turned again and rushed to the waiting room, I hope the doctor has some news.

When I opened the waiting room door I saw the doctor already waiting for me.
"You're Laura, right?" I nodded slightly scared of what is he going to tell me.
I couldn't guess anything from his expression except that something is wrong. My eyes started to watter. "What's wrong?" I whispered.
He hesitated a bit and then he sighed. "I think you should sit down."
♠ ♠ ♠
Third chapteeeeeeeeeer :)
You like it??
Questions,suggestions and constructive criticism is very very welcome and appreciated!
Thanks for reading, hope you like it..fourth chapter is up soon..
Peace and Love,
Angieā™„