Sequel: Pangaea
Status: Debuted: Friday, February 11th, 2011 and Finished: Sunday, March 11th, 2012

Stopping the World

Image


^Second Banner by: Marley. :)

"Love is like the world spinning on its axis: it never stops or slows down."

That statement does not apply in Marley and Nick's case. In fact, they happen to discover their love when the world stops spinning.

Marley was given one rule, and that was to never stop the world from spinning. She breaks it so that she can finally be alone with Nick.

What Marley doesn't know is what exactly she gets herself into when she stops the world.

Stopping The World is a story that will be filled with love, consequence, and breaks that one rule anyone would break just to be alone with the love of their life. Stopping The World... is the story of Marley and Nick's relationship; one that no one will know of except for the two of them.

But I'd stop the world,
If it finally let us be alone,
Let us be alone.


Dedication: A dear friend and truly amazing writer, Marley.
Inspiration: My own thoughts & feelings, and oddly enough the movie Clockstoppers, along with some inspiration from the movie Inception. Two really good movies; if you've seen them, and read the story, you'll see what I mean with how they inspired. Title inspiration and lyrics above are credited to Demi Lovato and her song 'Stop the World'. That song as a whole has also provided a lot of inspiration for the plot of this story. :)
Disclaimer: I do not own any famous or people who may seem familiar to you mentioned. I do, however, own the plot other than the little inspiration I got from the movies above. So, DO NOT STEAL. I would say I own Marley, but Marley is her own person here on Mibba, so I'll just say that she owns herself. :) I do, however, own any other original characters; if I don't, I will say so. Oh, and as far as I know... that quote above, word for word, is mine. If it's not, and you can prove me wrong, just tell me and I'll give proper credit to whoever said/wrote it. Last but not least, that first banner up there^, I made, so it is indeed mine, and I would appreciate it if no one stole it. The second banner, however, is not mine and like I said beneath it was made by Marley; but it would be great if no one stole that one either, seeing as she made it specifically for this story. The picture in the background, however, is not mine. I found it on Google images, so credit goes to its rightful owner.
  1. Prologue
    Being Given The World
  2. The Witness
    Introducing Nick
  3. The First Date
    A Risk I Was Willing To Take
  4. Holiday Plans
    An Invitation
  5. Whoa-Oh-Oh-Oh...
    Stopping The World
  6. There's No One Here To Stop Us
    Realizing What Exactly Is Going On
  7. You Can't Stop This Girl From Falling More In Love With You
    Why So Serious?
  8. I Don't Know Why, I Don't Know Why... I'm So Afraid
    An Off Feeling
  9. We're Hearing The Noise, Hearing The Noise... From All Around
    I'm On The Edge, I'm On The Edge... Of Breaking Down
  10. Don't Make A Sound
    A Discovery
  11. I Don't Know How, I Don't Know How... To Fix The Pain
    Emotions Running Wild
  12. We're Living A Lie
    The Truth
  13. Can't Take A Final Look
    They Wanted To Keep Us From Seeing What We Shouldn't See
  14. Nobody Can Know
    A Few Secrets Are Revealed
  15. We're Out Of Time
    It Won't Be The Same
  16. Epilogue
    Facing The Aftermath