‹ Prequel: Before the Fame
Status: Completed! :)

Confessions of a Famous Teenage Actress

Unexpected

We arrived to the UTA building in Los Angeles, a few blocks from mom's our mansion allowing the valet to park the black, stretch limo as the chauffeur even went for a walk to smoke a cigarette. Mom's heels clicked-clacked on the hard, concrete steps as we went up the few steps. I heard rustling in the bushes, sighing once more.

Suddenly, the person came from behind the bushes with a camera guy whom was carrying a large camera. We sped up our pace to avoid them.

“So, Sam! Sam!” the guy called, trying to get my attention.

“Address him”, Mom mumbled.

I plastered a fake smile on my lips as my large, black sunglasses covered my eyes as I turned to face the guy, but continued to walk.

“Hi”, I said a little cheerfully.

“Hey, uh, what are you doing at the agency? Going to star in a new movie? TV show?” he asked.

I sped up my pace, but allowed them to follow me a little as we reached closer to the doors.

“I don't know, but we'll see”, I replied honestly. Two security guards came out of the building to escort us inside.

“Sorry. No paparazzi or reporters allowed inside the building. You must leave the premises”, one of them said.

“OK”, the interviewer replied.

I didn't bother looking back as we entered the large, glass, tinted doors knowing they wouldn't be back by the time we made it back out.

“Why are we here, anyway?” I asked my mother casually as she pulled out her Blackberry, making notes or scheduling my day.

“You're here to talk to Jeff about some new things for this year. You have to do something new this year. Maybe try making an album this year”, she said in an annoyed tone.

“But Mom, you know what happened the last time I even sung in public!” I retorted.

“Samantha, that was almost a year ago. Besides, he was your co-star, was he not?” she asked.

“Yeah, sure, Nick was, but seriously, I don't want to sing with him again. Maybe someone new or just a new movie or something”, I tried.

“No. You're going to sing”, she snapped.

I bit my lip, fighting back the words that I wanted desperately to say. Yeah, my own mother was saying I have to sing. My life is great.

My phone vibrated in my jean pocket. I pulled it out seeing the name Dad flash across the screen. I smiled.

“Hey, Dad!” I said cheerfully as we entered the elevator.

“Hey, kiddo! How are you?” he asked.

“Just at the UTA getting ready to talk to Jeff”, I said in a sad tone.

“Is everything OK?” he asked, more concerned now.

“Yeah, everything's fine. We're just going to figure out what I'm going to do for the year, I guess”, I replied.

“Hopefully, no singing”, he agreed. I laughed. My dad always knew what to say.

“Haha, yeah, well, you know how Mom is about that”, I mumbled.

“I do, Sam, but seriously, just do what you want. I know you love acting more than anything”, he replied.

“Hey, Vin! We need you back on set!” a voice called on his side. He groaned quietly, but I heard him.

“I'll be right there!” he called back. “Honey, I've gotta go. Call me later and let me know how things worked out, alright?” he asked me.

“Alright, Dad. I love you”, I said in a shaky tone.

“I love you, too, Sam. Bye”, he said reluctantly.

“Bye”, I concluded before hanging up.

“So, Vincent couldn't even say hello to me?” Mom asked tapping her foot on the ground as she avoided her gaze.

“Well, you know you two don't get along. You didn't marry for a reason, remember?” I said in an obvious tone.

My mother is Janet Parker, one of my personal pain in the asses of Hollywood whereas my father, Vin Disel, one of the best actors in Hollywood is my father. The public knows about our messed up family, but not mom and dad's relationship between one another. Mom always tries to make it seem like we all get along happily, especially she and dad, but Dad always intentionally lets it slip that she's dead wrong. Sometimes, I wish they would have worked things out, but then again, with both Dad and I working all of the time, it wouldn't have worked out with Mom. She's just too demanding.

“Talk to me like that one more time and you'll be grounded for a month”, she threatened.

“Really, Mom? I'm 18. I can do whatever I want. Seriously?” I asked her.

“And I have the right to take everything you have away from you. Seriously?” she mimicked.

That was true. My mother signed a form when I got into this industry at 15 that everything I received went to her and that she would manage my money, bills, etc. for me until I'm 21. She was lucky I was underage. I can only hope that Jeff would get me out of this contract.

I huffed, keeping my mouth shut once again as she played a stupid smirk on her face.

The elevator came to a halt once we reached the tenth floor, a “ding” sounding just as the doors slid open.

We walked past the numerous doors coming to a halt at the last door in the center of the hall.

“Well, go in”, she urged.

I sighed once more as I grabbed the doorknob, turning the gold handle.

A long, black table rested in the middle of the room as a good twenty, black empty chairs sat in the room. Six people were already in the room, waiting for us. My eyes almost bulged out of their sockets as I recognized 4 of them. My manager, Jeff Bridges sat on one side of the table with a small folder in front of him while on the other side of the table sat Andrew Adamson, William Moseley, and Skandar Keynes sat on the other with a man whom I assumed was their manager.

I had a mental fan moment, screaming to the top of my lungs as I sat there, staring stupidly like an idiot as I slowly approached the table, my mom even walking, not strutting like she usually would, to the table. Jeff stood, wiping his hands on his suit jacket as he joined us on the newcomer's side to introduce us.

“Uh, Andrew, Will, Skandar, this is Samantha and her mother, Janet. Janet, Sam, this is Andrew, Will, and Skandar”, Jeff said in a business-like tone. I took my sunglasses off, chucking them into the Prada bag on my shoulder.

We shook hands, the guys first with my mom and then I with the rest, shaking Skandar's last.

“Hi”, I said in a shy tone.

“Hi, it's nice to meet you”, he replied in that awesome British accent.

I licked my lips as we let go of each others hands.

“OK, now to get down to business”, Jeff began, walking back to the table as excitedly as ever.

He must have had coffee today.

“Hello, everyone. I'm Ben Gates and I'm here to make a proposition to William Moseley, Skandar Keynes, and Samantha Parker to star in a hit, new movie together along with your other cast mates as well. What do you say?” Ben, the guy who sat in the middle chair separating our two groups. My mouth dropped open.

“Sorry?” Will asked in amazement.

“A movie based off of the Chronicles of Narnia series, but with a twist. I trust all of you have done your homework on the books, yes?” Mr. Gates asked with a brow raised.

I opened my mouth to speak, but my mom beat me to it.

“Of course Samantha has. I'm sure she would love to be in the movie. Right, Sam?” she asked with a look just as all eyes fell on me.

What she didn't know was that my celebrity crush sat in the very same room and working with him-I mean them, will be an honor. However, she was wrong about the book thing.

“Absolutely. I'd love to”, I agreed.

“Alright. Skandar, Adam, Will? What do you say?” he asked to the others.

The boys and Adam looked at one another, then looked at the guy who came with them whom was nodding his head furiously.

“Sure, why not?” Adam answered.

I smiled bigger than ever. Working in a film with the cast of Narnia and my celebrity crush? This was definitely a dream come true.

“OK, so, here are the documentation packets we need for you to sign when you're ready”, Ben said happily.

Jeff looked at the boys' manager and they nodded.

“I think we should take a few days to decide so I can discuss this with the other cast's managers as well. Would the end of the week be fine with you?” the man asked.

Skandar and Will stared at him incredulously.

“Sure, that'll be fine”, Ben answered, standing before speaking once more, this time to me. “Jeff will talk to you about your options for the year”, he concluded before turning on his heel and walking out of the door to leave us all stunned.

“We'd better go”, Adam said suddenly, checking his watch. “Come on, guys”, he said to Will and Skandar.

Sadness filled me. I wanted to talk to Skandar more.

“Can't we stay a little bit longer?” Will asked.

Adam stared from the Will to Skandar and back again.

“Five minutes”, he said before walking out of the door, giving me a quick smile.

My mom followed him as did Jeff and their manager. As soon as the door closed, we all pulled out our phones, exchanging numbers quickly; the boys to me and I typed my number into Will's first.

“You do this a lot, don't you?” Will asked.

“Only with people that I want to work with”, I answered, typing my number into his, handing it back to him as Skandar handed me his phone.

“Why?” Skandar asked.

I looked up at him just as I finished typing my number in as he did the same to my phone (after Will passed it to him) to see him staring back at me. Skandar was exactly 6 inches taller than me while Will was 8 inches. I loved it.

“It's just a feeling I get sometimes”, I admitted.

Will's phone went off with a song that played during the trailer of the first Narnia movie. I giggled a little as he answered it.

“Hello?.. Yes. We'll be right out”, he said, hanging up right afterward. “Sorry. We have to go”, he said in a sad tone.

“It's cool. Um, maybe we could hang out sometime, regardless if we end up filming this movie together or not”, I said in a fake cheerful tone.

“That would be fantastic!” he exclaimed. He gave me a quick side hug, waiting on Skandar whom had a blank expression.

“See you later”, he said in a monotone before walking off. Will sighed.

“Don't worry about him. It was nice meeting you”, he said politely.

“You, too”, I replied.

He hugged me one last time before exiting the room. Did I do something wrong? And if I did, what was it?
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update already! I love writing this story!

So, just to clarify, the setting of this story starts taking place during the first week of April of 2009 and Samantha's age is 18. Birthday is November 1st and her hair color is off-black (yes, there is such thing).

So, I might want this story to be a Skandar Keynes love story but sort of with a twist. Remember, it's an original fiction mixed with a fan-fiction, so this story will be realistic at some points while at others, it will be complex and more than likely some of the events that might occur in it wouldn't happen in real life.

What did you guys think? I finally got a Polyvore account and I think I've gotten used to using the BBCode for the outfits that any character will wear in the story, so hopefully it will all work out.

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe. :) Comments mean faster updates.