‹ Prequel: Before the Fame
Status: Completed! :)

Confessions of a Famous Teenage Actress

Friends

“Skan, open the door, please!” I begged, knocking on the door for the seventh time.

I was seriously getting more humiliated by the second.

“Damn it, Skan! Open the door!” I exclaimed angrily, knocking for the last time.

“Fuck it”, I mumbled.

I turned to walk away, when the door flew open, revealing Will.

“Skan's locked himself in the bathroom and he won't come out”, he said with a hint of anger in his voice.

“It's not my fault. He over reacted because I was on the phone with Nick”, I retorted.

Will gave me a sympathetic smile.

“Skan does that sometimes, Sam. That's the problem. Whenever he likes a girl, he thinks when one thing goes wrong that the girl he likes doesn't want him anymore”, he explained.

“If I didn't want anything to do with him, then why would I talk to him? Wouldn't I have had not went after him at all?” I asked angrily.

“I understand, Sam. Please don't get angry at me. He doesn't understand it. The last time he was with a girl was a little over two years ago and even then, they broke up right after the Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe came out. It affected him greatly”, he replied in a soft tone.

I didn't want to hear that. I knew if Skandar was as mature as he's said he was in his interviews, then he wouldn't be acting like this.

“I'll be in my room. If he wants to talk to me, tell him to don't bother”, I concluded, turning on my heel as I went back to my room.

I heard Will sigh before I went back to my room with Anna and Georgie.

“What happened?” Georgie asked sadly.

I explained everything to them and they agreed with how I felt as well as Will's words.

“Skandar is just Skandar. He's awkward when it comes down to girls”, Anna explained.

“You have to give him some space so he can figure out what he wants to do”, Georgie added.

“That's the thing. I didn't do anything. He just blew everything out of proportion”, I replied.

I paced the room back and forth the entire time as I thought about Skandar. I was pissed, but I was also distracted. I thought about Nick and I's song. I wondered how things would be between Skandar and I when I have to sing that duet with Nick in a few months.

“Can we hear the song?” Anna asked.

I stared at them incredulously.

“We only heard the part you sung earlier. We won't tell Skandar about it, we just want to hear you sing again”, she explained.

I nodded, calling Nick, whom answered the phone quickly.

“Hey, Sam. Did you work things out?” he asked in a concerned tone.

“Not exactly, but I want to ask for a favor from you”, I answered, pulling a little bit of my hair as I twirled the bit with my fingers.

“Anything”, he said with a kind tone.

“You know that song earlier? Do you mind singing it with me to Anna and Georgie? You can get Joe and Kevin oh, and your parents so they can hear us, too”, I said, biting my lip.

“Sure. Hold on a sec”, he replied. I waited until everyone was present before Nick put me on speaker and I did the same to him.

“You ready?” I asked.

“Yeah. Who starts first?” he asked.

“We'll figure that out later during the recording. For the mean time, let's just sing it the way we did before”, I answered.

“Alright. 1, 2, 3...”

...

“That was fantastic!” Anna and Georgie gushed.

“Thanks”, Nick and I said at the same time.

“Sam, I think you and Nick should record that for the album. The tour starts in June, so you and Nick could sing that song for the first concert”, Mr. Jonas said.

“What?” I asked incredulously.

“How is she going to do that? She's in New Zealand until next year, Dad”, Nick replied instantly.

“I'll talk to Jeff and Janet as well as Andrew and we'll all work something out”, Mr. Jonas answered.

I closed my eyes, a quiet sigh escaping my lips. I didn't want for this to happen, but Jeff did say that I was going to end up in the studio.

“Alright”, I said in a low tone.

“OK. See ya, Sam. We'll be in touch”, he said to me before the phone went click.

“Crap”, I said, hitting the end button on my phone as well.

Anna and Georgie sat in silence.

“Look at the bright side”, Georgie began, “the trip isn't until a week from now, so if you do go back to the States, then you should be back before we leave, right?”

I bit my lip as I grabbed my jacket, putting it back on.

“Honestly, Georgie, I don't know but I do hope that your prediction will come true”, I said in a kind tone, getting a hotel key from Anna as I walked out the door.



One thing I did whenever something on my mind was take a walk and even though it was slightly cool here, it helped me... a little bit.

I didn't know where to start. I couldn't tell Skandar because that would upset him and I couldn't not tell him because that would upset him even more. I was so lost right now.

I kept walking around the hotel until after the third time, I reached a bench and sat down with my head in my hands. I needed someone to talk to. Someone who wasn't biased or wouldn't take sides. Someone who could give me good adivce- Wait! I have someone like that.

I pulled out my phone and hit 5, waiting for them to answer the phone.

“Hello?” she asked.

“Hey, Taylor, it's Sam”, I said in a normal tone.

“Hey, Sam! What's wrong this time?” she asked, strumming her guitar.

Taylor Swift, my other #1 best friend in Hollywood. I only had a few people that tied at the number one spot, but both she and Joe, regardless of their differences, are my best friends. I almost got caught up in between their break-up, but I made sure I gave each side an ear, but I didn't say anything bad about the other. It's true, though, Joe was an ass, but that's only because Camilla changed him that way. We didn't talk for a long time and even though Joe is still with her 'til this day, still bothers me, but that's my best friend and no matter what, I would point him out on his bullshit and his asshole moments.

“You know how I've had a crush on Skandar Keynes for, like, two years now, right?” I asked.

“Of course I do. I know that you're in New Zealand right now and that you're going to film that what if movie with him and the rest of those lovely people. You know the paparazzi swear that the two of you are dating”, she rambled.

“I know. We aren't. We're like, sort of in the process, you know? Just testing the waters”, I said honestly.

“Mmm-hmm. I know that you and Nick are supposed to sing some duet in June and that you're supposed to sing some other songs later on in the year”, she replied.

“True”, I said with a laugh.

“Any ideas for a song?” she asked.

“Erm, yeah I do”, I admitted, rubbing my face with my free hand.

“Taste of it?” she asked.

“No, I can't do that”, I replied.

“Why not?” she asked in a shocked tone.

“Because I'm outside”, I said with a laugh.

She laughed, too as I walked back inside to get away from the cool air. I walked around the lobby, as I kept the phone glued to my ear.

“I don't have the entirety of it written just yet. You'll just have to wait just like everyone else”, I told her in a serious tone.

“Aww! Well, promise me that I'll be the third person to get the demo of it, OK?” she asked.

“Will do”, I promised. “Oh, and one more thing”, I began.

I told Taylor everything that happened this entire about Skandar, my mom, and the press. Even she sighed.

“You just have to keep putting on that smile and pretend, in front of people anyway, that nothing is wrong. That's the problem with this industry. You have to keep lying to everyone else because of your mom and even when you come clean about anything, there's always criticism”, she said in a caring tone.

That was true. Taylor's been honest with her music from day one since she's been in this industry and I've admired her for that.

“I know”, I began. I didn't want to talk about it. I knew I had to do some self-searching now.

“OK, take your time thinking, but just think about it thoroughly. See ya, Sam”, she said with a sigh.

“Thanks, Taylor. Bye”, I replied, hanging up.

“I thought I'd find you down here”, Skandar said in a kind tone.

“Yeah. I just need some time alone to think”, I told him with honesty.

He bit his lip, then looked down for a moment before looking at me again.

“Whatever you decide is fine with me. Just.... call me or talk to me when you've reached your decision”, he said in a shaky voice.

I nodded, then gave him a hug. He hugged back eagerly, then pulled away, kissing my forehead. I smiled, then walked towards the elevator to think.

Did I want to give Skandar a chance or should I just stay single? I was going to end up singing with Nick regardless of my decision, so that might be a problem.

I sighed, putting my head on the wall.

This industry is not easy and we're real people who go through bullshit like this on a daily or weekly basis. Can I really deal with this for the rest of my life? That was one question I couldn't answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, readers! Just to let you guys know in advance, this story will more than likely end by Chapter 25! ^_^

What did you guys think? Who's on team Keynes and who's rooting for team Jonas? I have no favorites. lol

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe. :)