Status: Complete. Read the sequel :)

I Know You've Got Your Life In Place But I've Yet To Take The Hint

1: Will you sing a song with me?

"Jack, c'mere a second."

I looked up to see my best friend and fellow band mate focusing intently on the piece of paper in front of him. I don't think he'd even lifted his head when he'd summoned me. I brushed the chip crumbs off my too-tight jeans and got up from the chair, settling instead onto the futon beside him. Playfully, I rested my head on his shoulder and looked up at him.

"What up, Lex?"

He looked at me, his chocolate eyes thoughtful. I wouldn't admit it anyone, but he looks incredibly sexy when he's serious about something. Don't ask me to explain, because I can't.

"I have a question for you, Jack-o, and I really need you to take it seriously."

I scoffed at this. "When do I not take things seriously?" To emphasize how serious I was being, I sat straight up, my hands in my lap and my head cocked like a puppy looking at it's master.

Alex took one look at me and burst into laughter. "Oh, Jack, I love you."

My heart skipped a beat at this but I brushed it off, and settled deeper into the cushions. Alex leaned back, against me. WIthout a second thought, I shifted to enable him full comfort, and to make it so he could see me.

"I love you too, Lexie. Rawr." For just a second, I let my hands roam up his leg, inching higher and higher. I waited to see if he would stop me. When he didn't, I stopped myself before things got weird.

He smiled at me, his full, real smile, not the half-ass smirk that he gave to most of the band and crew members, or the 'fan smile', as I'd dubbed his stage facial (stagial!) expression. I smiled back at him, comfortable as always with my best friend.

"Okay, so. In all seriousness, Lex. What did you want to talk to me about?"

He didn't want to look at me, then. I could tell. I could read his moods as well as I could read my own. He was nervous about something, but I couldn't figure out what. This was me and Alex. We didn't have any secrets. There was nothing he could do or say that would shock me any more.

"Well, I've been thinking. And writing. And I've come up with something spectacular, I think. In my opinion." Alex was fumbling over his words.

"Your stuff is always amazing, Lex. That's hardly anything worth being nervous over." I was loyal to a fault. Alex always criticized his work, never wanting to show us. I was always the one who made him change his mind. "Do you want me to read it before you show the others?"

"No. I like it. I really like it. I wanted to ask you something else."

"Anything for you, Alex. You know that."

He sighed. "Will you sing a song with me?"

I looked at him. "What do you mean? Like, only me as the backing vocals instead of Zack? I don't see a -"

Alex stopped me. He looked me straight in the eye, his eyes clear and vibrant. His hands were clenched together and his voice wasn't steady. "No. I mean .. what I'm trying to say .. I was hoping ... Damn it to hell. I wrote a duet, a beautiful, heartwrenching duet and I really want you to sing it with me. Just you. I won't accept anyone else."

I guess there were still some things he could say that would shock me, after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had a dream last night, about All Time Low and stuff. I decided to mix my dream with my fantasy because I think it can be a great story!

I've never written a slash before but they're my favorite thing to read so I'm both excited and nervous. I really want to do a good job but I also could care less if people like it LOL, I'm so excited to write! I also love writing in Jack's POV :D

It's kind of short to start, but most chapters will be longer. It's mostly to see if anyone's interested, you know? Comments would be great. I'll probably have more up before I go to bed! :D