Status: Complete. Read the sequel :)

I Know You've Got Your Life In Place But I've Yet To Take The Hint

2: I think we just interuppted a moment.

I watched Jack's facial expressions change and held back my urge to laugh and cry at the same time. He was a mixture of confused, concerned, and excited. I had felt the same way when I was writing the song, and when I realized that I wanted Jack to sing it with me. It was a good song. It was different, it was beautiful. He felt that Jack would get the song the way nobody else could, and thats why he wanted Jack to sing it with him.

It was nice, lying here with his best friend and talking about music and making plans for their band, the way they'd always done for the last 10 years. Except, tonight, it felt different. There was something in the air, or something.

"I'd be honored to sing a song with you, Alex." Jack's words came out a little jerky and I realized with a start just what was lurking in the air. Emotion.

"Good."

I didn't need to say anything else, and Jack didn't feel the need either. We sat there in contented silence, watching the muted TV. I had no idea what was playing, and I didn't really care. The silence felt right.

Jack was looking at me in an odd way, I realized as I looked down. Kind of like a school boy with a crush on the girl he couldn't have. I didn't know what he was thinking, but I'd give anything to be in his head. I decided it didn't hurt to ask him what was up.

"Whatcha thinking about, Jack?"

I watched as his cheeks blossomed with color. He'd obviously been thinking something that he wasn't comfortable sharing with me. i frowned at that thought. I didn't like thinking that after 10 years of friendship, shared nudity, and spending months on the road together, that there were still things that Jack wasn't comfortable sharing with me.

"I wasn't thinking about anything. I was just looking at you." Jack attempted to defend himself, but it came out sounding weirder than it probably would have if he'd told me the truth. Typical Jack.

"Awww, Jack. I know you can't keep your eyes from looking at this beautiful piece of work, but I have a girlfriend. You know the rules. If we break up, I have your number."

Jack pushed away from me at that and I was hurt. I'd only been kidding, we always joked around like that. He must be tired, or something.

"I was actually looking at you because you have something on your face, doofus. Not because I'm mesmerized by your looks, I'm not a fan girl. I'm the better looking JB, I can get so much better than you, Mr. Gaskarth."

His tone had turned playful again and I couldn't stay mad at him, not now, not ever. With a mock growl, I jumped up from the couch and starting chasing him around the bus. He faked a scream, and leapt over the furniture. Damn him and his drag queen legs. I made a mad leap from the couch arm and landed on Jack's back. With a real scream (manly, but real) the two of them fell to the floor. Somehow, Jack managed to twist it so that he was on top, looking down at me.

"So, Gaskarth, who's beautiful now?" he growled at me.

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the one with beautiful balls? Jack is, Jack is, yayyy Jack." I knew I sounded like a two year old but I had been writing all day so my brain was fried. Not to mention, I think Jack was squeezing the air out of me THROUGH my balls, which would explain why I couldn't think logically.

Jack giggled. There was no other word for the sound that escaped his lips. "Are you feeling all right, Lexie?"

I put a stern expression on my face. "You just giggled, and you dare to ask me if I'm feeling all right?"

Jack looked outraged then. "I did NOT giggle."

"Did so."

"Did not."

"Did so."

"Did not."

"Ah, Jack, you're squeezing my ball sack to death! I'd like to have children some day, you know."

"Then take it back."

"No."

"Yes."

"Never."

"I'll ... I'll ... I'll kiss you."

Did Jack really just threaten to kiss me? I must be hearing things. I asked, just to be sure. "What did you just say?"

Jack smiled triumphantly. "I said I'll kiss you. I'll put my dirty mouth on yours, and my tongue will touch yours, and you'll beg for mercy."

I kind of liked the sounds of that. Even though I didn't really see Jack doing it. :"I dare you!"

I saw something fleet in his eyes, and then his lips touched mine. We'd pecked each other on the mouth a few times before for a rowdy crowd or just to tease the guys, but this felt different. His lips were soft and pliable, and tasted sweet. His tongue instantly started probbing at my mouth, and much to my surprise, I opened my lips and meshed my tongue with his. It was like something had exploded around us and had left a cloud of white, because I couldn't see anything at that particular moment.

Jack pulled away just then, hoisting himself up onto his elbows and looked down at me. "So, Gaskarth. Got anything to say for yourself?"

Kiss me again.

I thought for a minute that I'd said it out loud, but Jack was looking at me any differently, so feigning nonchalance, I replied. "You're a lousy kisser. I give. You don't giggle, I was wrong."

I swore I saw hurt creep into Jack's eye, but it was quickly replaced with a vengeful look. "I am not a bad kisser! You will regret the day your Momma had you, Alexander William!"

He started tickling me then, and I was on the floor screaming for mercy when Rian, Zack, Matt and Vinny walked in.

Rian and Vinny shot us a weird look. Matt simply walked past us to the fridge, used of our antics. Zack smirked at us.

"I think we just interuppted a moment."

This brought our frolics to a standstill. "You did not. Jack made me mad, so I chased him around the floor."

This made Zack's eyebrows shoot up. "So how did Jack end up on top of you, tickling you?"

"Jack's bigger than me!" I whined. "It's not my fault!"

Zack simply shook his head and held out a hand to each of us. "Get off the floor. I want to watch TV, so go engage in your pornstar activties somewhere else." He turned his back and reached for the remote.

I looked at Jack, and he looked at me. Mouthing the words 1, 2, 3 we leapt onto Zack at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, here's part two. I already have one comment :) Thanks very much!

I really hope you guys like it. There's a lot more to come, I just liked writing the first two chapters as light and flirty, lol. I love feeling the love between Alex and Jack <3

More comments would be much appreciated, I have to get up at 5:30 am tomorrow and would love some comments to make my morning! <3