Status: Completed

Heartless Reaper

Thirteen

“Peri!” shouted Jacob, happiness clouding his eyes as he spotted me, but when he saw Emmett, he immediately tensed again.
“What do you want, mutt?” asked Emmett venomously.
“My imprint back,” snarled Jacob.
I shook at the word imprint and glared at Jacob, “I’m not your imprint, no matter what you keep telling yourself, Jacob Black.”
“You are Peri! You’re my one and only! My everything and my soul mate! No one can deny imprinting, no matter how strong or who you are!” shouted Jacob desperately.
“You’ve never dealt with a reaper then, Jacob Black,” I hissed.
Emmett grabbed my hand again when I almost lurched forward in anger.
“Get your filthy hands off her, fucking bloodsucker!”
“Don’t tell me what to do, mongrel!”
“Get off of her before I kill you!” screamed the angered shifter.
“Why should I get off of her? I wouldn’t do anything to hurt her,” said Emmett, grinning at Jacob’s tortured expression.
He leaned down where his lips pressed against my forehead in a gentle kiss. I almost pulled away, but I was actually enjoying Jacob’s reaction.
“Arg!” Jacob screamed, pounding his fists onto the floor when suddenly he was a russet wolf.
I was surprised he finally changed instead of before when he first saw Emmett.
The wolf snarled viciously, his eyes full of obvious anger and hate.
Emmett chuckled, “Can’t take it that I have your girl? Well she’s mine!” and he kissed me right on the lips without a warning.
My gasp was caught in his mouth as he deepened the kiss and held me by my waist as my knees were weak.
I placed my hand firmly on his chest which was meant to push him away, but then I found something that made me give out another gasp.
His heart wasn’t beating.
I’ve known this information for years and yet now it’s hitting me at full force that vampires’ heart doesn’t beat.
What if…
I groaned as Emmett’s teeth bit my bottom lip and he pulled me closer to him. He finally pulled his lips away, but never pulled far away. His golden eyes were darker and smoldering as they gazed into my surprised stare.
Jacob then attacked, all thoughts of the treaty lost as his teeth dug into Emmett’s cold flesh.
I pushed Jacob off of Emmett, feeling his teeth now digging into my skin. I shoved Emmett away and pushed Jacob back over the treaty line. They can’t get into such a fight just because of me.
“Jacob Black, Emmett, calm! Take your war somewhere else and not play it just because of me!” I yelled, rubbing my arm as my black blood poured out.
But the wolf only snarled and jumped again, but I blocked him and let him bite my arm again.
I saw Emmett coming at us at the corner of my eye and I slammed my foot into his chest hard. The vampire flew back at a far distance.
“Jacob Black! Stop it!” I screamed, slamming the wolf down to the ground with my body.
He whimpered and turned back into the naked body of a human boy.
I sighed as he was groaning, his eyes shut tightly closed.
“Emmett?” I asked, looking at the vampire still on the ground.
“Is it safe to stand?” he asked meekly.
I held my hand out and Emmett took it gladly.
“Whoa, I never knew you were that strong,” commented Emmett, grinning widely.
I frowned, “Reapers are something that everyone should be afraid of. Now if you excuse me, I must return Jacob Black home.”
Emmett panicked, “You can’t go by yourself! Let me…”
“The treaty, Emmett. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. Anyway, you should be coming up with a good argument for that damned kiss,” I said sharply, doing an about face and pulling Jacob in my arms.
I left Emmett there standing with his jaw open and went over the treaty line towards Jacob’s home.
Jacob groaned loudly, his eyes opening. He blinked rapidly, his teeth grinding together from the pain I caused him.
“Any broken bones? I think I hurt your ribs,” I said calmly.
“That might be the reason why I’m having a hard time breathing,” he gasped.
I nodded, pulling him closer to me, “I can fix that,” I murmured and placed him down gently.
Jacob was blushing furiously as I moved on top of him to where I was straddling his waist. I hissed at his obvious open lust.
“Jacob Black, I’m plainly sitting on you for you won’t move too much and make this more complicated. This might hurt a little and hopefully you won’t spaz out too much,” I growled while placing my hands roughly on his bare chest.
Jacob flinched as my hands touched him; I wasn’t pressing lightly like a nice girl. I leaned closer, making sure not to have myself move too down to his naked hips, and breathed deeply in.
“Heal,” I whispered, my voice barely heard by the sharp ears of a shifter.
Jacob shook underneath me, his eyes squeezed shut and his teeth grinding harder together as his wounds healed.
My face cracked only a little, mainly around my mouth where the mist formed again and hovered around Jacob’s body.
I purposely made it a painful experience for him because of him fooling around and being an idiot.
Finally a sigh escaped Jacob and he opened his eyes, “Thank you, Peri.”
I nodded and got up.
A quiet moan slipped out of Jacob’s lips as I might’ve moved off too quickly and went too low when raising myself off of him. I glared at Jacob and ignored his obvious new friend.
“You should shift now,” I said through my teeth, my eyes staring furiously into his lustful eyes.
“Maybe I don’t want to,” he challenged, walking forward and getting way too close to me.
I pushed him away, “Don’t make me hurt you again, Jacob Black. I promised Emmett I would take you home, so let me finish my promise,” I snarled, turning and walking onwards.
Jacob followed right beside me, his steps matching my own.
“It’s starting to get tiring, the way you pretend you hate me,” Jacob brought up, his eyes still challenging me.
“I don’t hate you, I never said that. I just greatly dislike you; you’re trying to force the whole imprinting idea on me when it’ll never happen. You and I will never work out.”
“Why not?” asked Jacob softly.
“Because, I’m a reaper,” I said, feeling like a broken record.
Jacob glared at me, “That won’t change anything. I love you and you love me. You might not realize it yet, but you will soon.”
I scoffed, “Let me just take you home already,” I picked him up in a swift motion and sprinted forward towards his home.
I knew that if I let him on his own, he would take as much time as he wanted to walk back.
We arrived in front of Billy’s house in less than a minute and I entered the house without permission and dumped the teenage boy on the couch.
I walked quickly towards Billy’s room and almost grabbed the man off of his wheelchair to show how annoyed I am.
“Billy, if you can’t stop your son from approaching me, I will cripple him as much as I can. Once he heals, I will hurt him again. You have to start controlling your son or at least get Sam to make him leave me alone! I’m getting tired of Jacob’s pestering about imprinting me!
“I wouldn’t mind if it stays as a friendship, but he’s crossing the line and getting on my nerves,” I hissed, my eyes never leaving Billy’s.
Billy sighed, “I’ll see what I can do.”
“No! You will do what I tell you to do!” I laughed angrily, and then turned on my heels.
I gave Billy one last look, “By the way, your son attacked a vampire on unauthorized land; he broke the treaty.”
A grin was worn over my lips as I ran back out and ran quickly towards the treaty line towards where Emmett will be waiting.
I was right; Emmett was casually sitting on the floor, his back against a tree. He had his eyes closed and looked very peaceful.
“Did you kiss me just to anger Jacob Black?” I asked softly, sitting down next to him and leaning heavily against him.
Emmett didn’t answer; he only wrapped his arms around me.
“You just kissed me to anger the shifter, right?” I repeated, looking up at the pale face of the vampire.
He sighed, “I don’t know what to tell you. I still haven’t decided. Part of it was just to anger the dog, but I would be lying if I said that was the only reason why.”
I pulled away from Emmett, “Please don’t tell me that you like me more than a friend! It’s hard enough trying to handle Jacob Black…”
“I don’t know, Peri. I honestly thought Rosalie was my only girl, but when you showed up, I don’t know… There’s just something about you that’s very attracting,” Emmett said, his topaz eyes blazing.
“You can’t like me that way!”
“You can’t tell someone to stop liking you just because you don’t want them to. We can’t control how we feel. Jacob can’t control imprinting and he’s finally getting over Bella. Edward is very happy about that; the mutt won’t be bothering him anymore. I can’t control how I feel either!”
“Think about Rosalie,” I growled.
Emmett grabbed my hand and placed it over his heart, “I saw you hesitate during the kiss. It’s because of my heart; it’s as if I don’t have one. Don’t you wonder at all? You and all the other nine reapers can feel emotions, you can experience it. You can love, just like I can.”
“Unlike you Emmett, I was never human,” I spat.
“If you actually tried, you can experience what all of us can,” Emmett said gently, pulling me into his arms with my hand still over his chest and un-beating heart.
I didn’t resist his touch, instead I leaned into him and placed my head lightly at the crook of his neck.
“This is unfair to Jacob Black,” I muttered, inhaling Emmett’s scent.
“That mutt? Let’s not think about him,” he murmured.
“Rosalie’s going to hate me and maybe you…”
“Peri, let’s just pretend the world doesn’t exist.”
I could do that, I thought to myself as I closed my eyes.
I’ve always wanted to love… I always wanted someone to even love me, but how can I love them back when I don’t know how to?
Is this love? Being in Emmett’s strong arms and getting intoxicated by his sweet scent? Having his lips pressed to my hair and his hands on my lower back?
No… But feeling this burning feeling inside of me and this enjoyment of his touch might be. My whole body was burning with intense heat that didn’t hurt and I didn’t want Emmett to let go of me.
Is that love?
I couldn’t tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Tried to get this out as quickly as possible! I would like to thank the people who comment! It always brings a smile to my face. (: 10/10 stars guys? Really? Wow! I didn't even imagine this story will become this popular... To me it's popular, ha. Well, I'm in Austria at the moment soon to be in Italy. So soon, once in Italy, I'll have a better chance to write more and update more. Peace out, readers! Love you guys!