Status: Completed

Heartless Reaper

Sixteen

I looked at the ocean in front of me; behind me were no one in this kind of weather. It was raining. No one wants to be out when it’s raining.
The drops of water fell on me, turning my temperature down to cold instead of hot like it should be.
It felt nice.
I inhaled the scent of rain and smiled.
It was nice.
I got up and shook my head; is that all I can think? It’s nice? There’s something wrong with me. I’m thinking so simply!
“Peri!” a panicked voice was heard behind me.
I got up and suddenly was surrounded by nine familiar reapers. I looked around to see all of them have the same exact eyes and life in them. Their chests were empty and their minds full.
I then looked at the one who called my name, “Hello Alpha, what’s the special occasion?”
Colin stepped up, “Death has finally decided he wants us gone. He’s sending his own to hunt us down.”
Iliana nodded, “Some of us were almost caught. That’s why we’ve been trying to find each other. Maybe if we were together…”
“We’re stronger than them. We can fight against them and maybe have a chance at surviving,” finished Lynette.
“It depends. How many are they sending?” I asked.
“We don’t know that yet. When Kay and I were being hunted, we were only chased by three each. We handled them just fine,” said March.
Quinn shook his head, “I was chased by five, but I’m still here too.”
“Samara and I found each other, we were chased by eight total,” said Valentina.
“Were you chased by any?” asked Alpha.
“No, not yet at least; I’ve been living among shifters and vampires for a while,” I answered, wondering if that had any affect with keeping the reapers away.
“Really? Do you think they’ll offer to help?” asked Lynette hopefully.
Jacob Black and Emmett Cullen certainly will; so will Edward since he owes me from my rescue…
A howl echoed through the sky as I thought that and I closed my eyes at the sound. Is it from my imagination?
“Maybe.”
“Peri!”
I turned to see Jacob, buttoning his pants awkwardly in a rush, and Emmett running towards me with alarm in both their eyes.
I turned to my fellow reapers and smiled, “These are some of my friends. Excuse me while I tell them you’re also friends,” I walked towards the two.
Arms wrapped quickly around me and I was against Emmett’s chest.
“God Peri, you can’t freak me out like that! You can’t run away without at least a goodbye!” Emmett scolded, relief clear in his voice.
A throat was cleared and Emmett let me go grudgingly for another pair of arms to hold me.
Jacob Black didn’t say anything to me; it was clear that he was in terror earlier and that his relief was obvious in his eyes.
His warmth surrounded me and it felt so nice contrary to my cold body.
Once he let go, I felt cold again.
“Here,” said Emmett, holding out his jacket.
I gladly accepted it and ignored the glaring contest Emmett and Jacob were having. I didn’t need the jacket nor did I care about the temperature I was, but I did like being warm.
“Peri?” asked Alpha, looking at the new guests.
“Oh! Jacob Black and Emmett, this is Alpha. The rest are Quinn, Colin, Lynette, Iliana, Valentina, March, Kay, and Samara. They’re all fellow reapers who are like me,” I introduced.
Jacob came up beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, “What are they doing here?”
“They need me for help… And I need a favor…”
“Anything,” Jacob and Emmett said in unison and then glared at each other.
I felt embarrassed suddenly with my past friends in front of me watching this; it was obvious what they’re glaring over.
“Death hath sent his warriors to attack thee reapers,” said Colin darkly.
“Does he seriously talk like that?” whispered Jacob in my ear.
“No, I don’t. I was just messing about,” answered Colin, grinning.
Jacob blushed and looked the other way.
“Jacob Black, we need your pack’s help. Emmett, we need your clan’s help… Of course, only if you’re willing to give it,” I started.
They both looked intently at me and nodded, agreeing to the unknown.
“Emmett, remember the story I told your family; about the other reapers?”
“Yes, that they are evil and inhuman,” he answered.
I nodded then turned to Jacob, “Jacob Black, there are other reapers out there. We are the first ten created and we have human qualities that displease Death, our father… He then created thousands more that roam the Earth seeking people dead or on the verge of death to bring them to the spiritual world where Death will take them across to either hell or heaven. These reapers are ruthless and mean. They don’t care about anyone’s life, they just want it. They don’t have the qualities we have or even a personality… And they’re coming after us finally after all these millenniums. We need help with fighting them,” I finished.
“We’ll do whatever is necessary to protect you and your friends,” stated Jacob, determination in his dark eyes.
“It’s almost a death wish, Jacob Black and Emmett. We can defend many and we are stronger than you. I’m afraid that it might be too dangerous… But the more help we have, the better chance we’ll live. I know it’s asking so much from you…”
“We accept,” said Jacob firmly.
“Our family owes you, Peri,” Emmett confidently said.
I grinned and hugged them both as best as I could.
“Thank you guys so much,” I murmured gratefully.
When I pulled away, the nine reapers were smiling at me with knowing eyes at the two men.
Oh great, they’re going to ask tons of questions of what I’ve been up to for the past years.
“Why did you run away?” asked Jacob finally, looking down at me.
“’Cause… There are a lot of reasons I rather not share with you, Jacob Black,” I mumbled.
“We’re not taking that for an answer, Peri,” said Emmett.
I sighed, “Out of the whole town of Forks, you two should know the most why I wanted to leave.”
Emmett and Jacob looked at each other with glaring eyes, as if trying to blame each other.
“Guys, look… Stop it!” I scowled.
They pulled away as they were about to get into a fight and looked back down at me.
I groaned. Why do I feel like a babysitter?
“Let’s go back to Forks, okay? My friends are on the run, remember?” I said, then turned to my old friends and nodded.
We then started walking forward until we heard a ghastly scream.
I searched around full of fear wondering if it was the two boys I’ve grown to like so much, but sighed out as Jacob and Emmett were right besides me.
But oh God.
I turned and saw Lynette under a huge reaper with glowing white eyes.
“They found us!” screamed Samara as she attacked.
There were ten more reapers ready to attack us. With all of us together, we could take them down easily.
I attacked a free white-eyed reaper and started absorbing their energy out, trying to take it all for myself and leave them nothing.
Another scream rang out the beach.
If I had a heart, it would have stopped. Pain rang through me even though I wasn’t hurt. My body felt numb.
I jumped out of the dead reaper’s mist and spun around to see the horror before me that placed my chest on fire.
“Jacob Black! No!”
♠ ♠ ♠
And there we go for today. [: Oh noes! D: Jakey!!!!! >.< I hope you guys enjoy it! ;] Thank for reading. I love you readers!