Status: Completed

Heartless Reaper

Twenty-Two

Bella and Edward are going to come back today; probably disappointed that Victoria hasn’t still been caught.
But that’s why I’m not with my friend at the moment; I’m out hunting.
Alpha was next to me as I was on my knees looking at the ground and looking at the bare footprint.
Victoria’s scent was everywhere and it was getting difficult to track her.
“Over there,” I said, rushing forward.
Alpha kept up with my pace easily; he was actually faster than me.
“So what do you plan to do?” he asked as we ran.
I knew exactly what he was talking about and I hissed lowly, “Is this an appropriate time to bring it up?”
“I think any time is appropriate.”
“Honestly, I don’t know.”
“It must be a hard choice; the vampire or the wolf shifter?”
I glared at Alpha and jumped on a tree branch to launch myself off of it and get farther away from the reaper.
Of course he was right next to me instantly.
“They both love you to death; that much is obvious. But who will be heartbroken in the end? Hm?” said Alpha, his purple eyes looking deep into mine.
I stopped sprinting and glared hard at Alpha, “Shut up, will you?”
“You’re going to need to decide at some point, Peri.”
I growled like an animal and pushed Alpha’s chest, “Shut the fuck up. I went to hunt Victoria to be distracted of those two damned boys!”
“Why bring me?”
“You’re the fastest, you can catch her better than I can,” I muttered.
“Aw, you’re too kind,” said Alpha, and ran off.
I rolled my eyes and ran after him.
It wasn’t too long before we found Victoria roaming about in Canada.
“Howdy,” I said, smirking as the fear in her eyes was obvious.
Before she could run, Alpha caught her when she was still frozen in fear.
“Gotcha’ little girly,” Alpha said menacingly, his purple eyes gleaming.
“Do you want her?” I asked.
“Won’t mind if I do,” he said before attaching his lips over the struggling vampire’s mouth.
I grinned in triumph as I saw Victoria’s eyes shocked and scared as she was probably feeling her energy being sucked away.
When Victoria’s eyes glazed over and her body lay limp in Alpha’s arms, Alpha pulled slowly away with his mouth still open and suddenly a glowing ball of white light the size of a marble followed into his mouth and out of Victoria’s.
Alpha closed his eyes and when he reopened them, they were an intense bright violet and he smiled.
“I haven’t took a vampire’s energy in a long time; it feels refreshing,” he whispered, his voice soft.
I grinned at him and pulled him into a tight hug, “Thanks for that. I wouldn’t have caught her on time once she started moving and since I know you’re the fastest…”
“It’s not a problem, kiddo,” Alpha said, hugging me back.
I scoffed and pulled away, “Kiddo? I was made well before you, you know!”
“Only by like a few years! You’re barely older than me!” said Alpha, his lips almost in a pout that I’m older than him.
I winked at him and smiled as I sprinted back to Forks.
Alpha followed me, “So what do you plan to do once back in Forks?”
“Not talk to you,” I muttered, obviously annoyed of what he’s implying.
“C’mon! Are you going to that shifter’s place?” he asked.
“Yes, but only because I told them I would come around their place soon, so shut it, Alpha,” I growled.
“Fine, fine,” said Alpha, stopping on the border line where we could sense our other reaper friends, “Just give that Jacob a kiss for me, will ya’?”
“I’m going to kill you one day!” I shouted behind me as I ran to La Push.
I heard Alpha’s laugh follow me until I arrived to Sam’s house.
It was morning or near lunch and I heard the noises of the boys eating, talking, and laughing.
I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.
The door immediately was opened by Sam and he pulled me in with a big welcoming smile.
“Peri!” multiple shouts of my name was heard from the pack.
I smiled, “Hey boys, want to hear great news that will make you all love me forever?”
The room suddenly became silent and my smile grew.
“Spit it out, reaper!” yelled Embry, grinning.
I stuck my tongue out at him and then turned serious, “Victoria. Is. Dead.”
In an instant I was on the ground being tackled by all the pack members, even Sam surprisingly.
They were cheering and yelling, congratulating me and my victor.
“You know what this means, Peri? We don’t have to patrol every night and day!” yelled Jared in my ear.
I grinned and stood up, making the boys fly off of me.
“Calm down, silly idiots. It was mainly thanks to Alpha who could catch him,” I said.
“We don’t care which reaper killed the leech, we’re just happy she’s gone!” cheered Paul.
I smiled and nodded, “The Cullens will be happy that Victoria will be gone,” I said.
Jacob smiled too, “Bella’s safe now.”
I didn’t know that hearing her name from him would suddenly cause such jealously inside of me, but I held it in and gave a small nod.
I think Embry and Jared knew how I was feeling, however, and they gave me sympathetic smiles.
I put on a big grin and nodded, “She’s definitely safe now. No more worrying about her!”
Jacob grinned back and I wanted to punch that grin right off of his face.
I then looked around the room to notice more boys on the other side of the room, staring at me with an uncomfortable look.
“Who’re they?” I asked.
“They’re our new pack members,” said Sam, waving his hand forward for them to step up to me.
I looked at each of them; they each stared back at me with shy eyes.
“Quil, Seth, Collin, and Brady; they’re our newest additions.”
I nodded, “Well it’s nice to meet you all…” I then leaned to Sam, “Why haven’t I noticed them before?”
Sam laughed, “They haven’t been in the action like the rest of the pack; especially Seth, Collin, and Brady since they’re the youngest.”
“I see,” I said.
Quil smiled, “It’s great to finally meet the famous Peri!”
“Famous?” I said, smirking.
“Jacob and Embry talk about you a lot,” he explained, “They’re my best friends.”
I looked towards Embry and Jacob, “That’s cool.”
Why haven’t they mentioned Quil before?
“Don’t forget Leah,” said Seth, “She doesn’t seem to know her either.”
“Her?” I asked, remembered I heard her name before.
Oh yeah, Seth and Leah are connected to Harry Clearwater.
“Yeah, she’s my sister and she’s also a shifter,” he said.
“She doesn’t hang around much though,” said Quil, rolling his eyes.
“She’s not liked very much,” whispered Embry in my ear.
This new information was interesting, “So more boys are going through the phase?”
“Yes… This is the most we ever had and it’s so sudden; probably because of Victoria more of us showed up,” said Sam.
I nodded and smiled, “More friends for me!” I said softly, looking at the four new boys.
Embry tugged at my hand, “C’mon Peri, let’s head to the beach and hang out! I’ve missed being with you.”
I smiled and waved goodbye to the rest of the pack.
As we left, I felt Jacob’s stare on me the whole way out.
“So how have you guys been?” I asked, “Sorry I didn’t come sooner.”
“It’s fine, but I can’t believe you killed Victoria! Thank you!” he said loudly, pulling me into a hug.
I laughed, “It’s no biggie, Em. It’s good to see you guys again. The last time felt like you guys weren’t really you with the Cullens around.”
Embry shrugged, “We don’t like the Cullens; they’re the reason why we’re werewolves in the first place.”
I nodded, “Would you rather have a normal life?”
We were already at the beach walking on the sand. I quickly took off my shoes and dug my toes into the cool sand.
Embry laid himself on the sand and I placed myself down beside him.
“Well I dunno,” he mumbled, placing his hands under his head, “I do miss a lot of school and I miss having a normal life, but I love it how I’m one of the protectors of my home. Being a werewolf is pretty cool, even with all the patrolling. I’m closer to Jacob and Quil… But my mom doesn’t know about the secret, which is sort of hard on me.”
I face Embry and looked at his furrowed brow, trying to decide what life he would want more.
“I think I like the shifter’s life more. It’s much more exciting and I meet such interesting people.”
“Interesting people as in…?” I said smiling.
“You, Peri,” he finished, laughing.
I rolled my eyes, “Well I’m glad I’ve met you too. It’s nice making friends and I’ve never felt more comfortable staying in one place.”
“Oh… Peri, I should tell you something… It’s about Jacob.”
“What about him?”
“He’s been really worried about Bella and he’s been thinking about her more and more… Since I can read his mind when we’re wolves… He’s especially been calling Charlie bugging him about Bella and wanting to talk to her,” Embry said, waiting for my reaction.
I clenched my jaw and closed my eyes, breathing heavily through my nose, “Really?”
“I’m sorry, Peri…”
“It’s okay,” I said, calming down and looking into Embry’s brown eyes, “I did tell him to go after Bella, he must be listening finally.”
I stood up and looked towards the direction where Jacob’s house was.
“Go after him, Peri. He’s probably home by now,” said Embry.
I nodded and ran forward.
“You’re back.”
I cringed as I stood outside of Jacob’s house, just making it to hear him call Bella.
“Why didn’t you call me?” his voice said angrily.
“Oh. Sorry.”
I struggled to hear what the girl was saying.
“Sure. Now, why are you harassing Charlie?”
I heard her voice, barely, but I heard her.
“I need to talk to you.”
Anger flared inside of me and I went on my knees to clench the dirt on the ground.
“Yeah, I figured out that part all by myself. Go ahead.”
I waited for Jacob to answer, “You going to school tomorrow?”
“Of course I am. Why wouldn’t I?”
“I dunno. Just curious.”
Why are you asking her about school, Jacob Black?
“So what did you want to talk about, Jake?” I heard Bella ask.
“Nothing really, I guess. I… Wanted to hear your voice.”
Another stab to the chest.
“Yeah, I know. I’m so glad you called me, Jake. I…”
“I have to go,” Jacob suddenly said.
“What?”
“I’ll talk to you soon, okay?”
“But Jake…”
I heard him hang up the phone.
Have I been caught or did he have a reason to hang up?
“Peri?”
Jacob was already out the door and staring at my kneeling form.
I hastily got up and looked up at the boy, “What?”
“Were you… Listening in?”
I nodded, folding my arms, “Embry told me.”
“Oh… It’s not what you think, I was…”
I raised an eyebrow.
“Checking up on her,” he finished.
I glared at him, “Whatever Jacob Black, I’m just glad you’re finally listening to me and chasing after Bella.”
As I turned to leave, he grabbed my wrist.
“Peri, it wasn’t like that. I wanted to see if she was going to school for I could talk to that leech!” he hissed.
“Edward?” I asked.
He nodded and sighed out, “Peri, I don’t love Bella.”
My glare didn’t change and I pulled my hand away, “I want to come with you!”
“What?” he said, surprised.
“When you go to the school, I want to come with you!” I growled.
“Why?”
I wanted to make sure all is well and see how Jacob Black is around Bella.
“I can help you keep your calm and make sure no trouble comes,” I said, telling him half the truth.
Jacob Black nodded, “Okay then…”
I sighed out and looked softly up at Jacob Black, I wanted to tell him that I was going to try to love, but he was angering me so much!
I decided to hug him.
“Wha?” Jacob Black said in surprise when I pulled him into my arms.
I placed my head on his chest and listened to his heart, I felt his arms wrap around my shorter body and his head gently placed on top of mine.
I smiled and I knew that Jacob Black was also smiling.
When I pulled away, I found myself right when his smile was obviously big and happy on his beautiful face.
“Just give that Jacob a kiss for me, will ya’?”
The memory of what Alpha said… I then decided something else.
I grabbed his shirt collar and pulled him down to me, smashing my lips against his.
I think this came more of a shock to Jacob Black than the hug did.
He didn’t hesitate to kiss me back and once again, wrap his arms around me.
I smiled into the kiss and pulled away.
“What was that?” Jacob Black asked, his eyes wide and a dorky grin on his face as he looked down at me in happiness.
I winked at him, “Alpha asked me to give you a kiss.”
“Well thank you Alpha then,” he said.
I kissed Jacob Black again, but this time it was because I knew I wanted to.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back! The flight took a total of about 20 hours and I'm finally back home in Italy. It feels great! I want to thank all you readers and commenters. [: I finally came to a decision! >:D I'm still going to be slow with updates because now, I have a new house to move into. >.> I guess I chose the wrong time to start writing a story.