Status: Completed

Heartless Reaper

Twenty-Four

I held in my breath as I watched his reaction as he looked down at me with overjoyed eyes full of love.
Just as he was about to speak, I turned as fast as I could to push the giant figure racing towards the one I’ve chosen.
“Emmett!” I screamed, “Calm down!”
He was a few feet away from my push, but he still charged forward with his magnificent speed.
I grabbed Emmett and flipped him over, holding his wrists in my hands and lifting his arms up to wrap my legs around his neck.
I now lay on my back with Emmett breathing heavily on me as he tried to get up with me choking him.
“Emmett,” I growled.
The vampire struggled to get up, moving his body and using his legs to jump up. He succeeded after a while, but once he did, I pulled him back down.
“Emmett!” I shrieked.
He wouldn’t stop trying to fight me, to try to get to Jacob Black and rip him up and kill that wolf.
I could feel the furious hatred rolling off of Emmett, it shook my bones and make me sink in fear.
“Jacob Black! Run!” I roared, looking at the boy.
He merely stood there, looking like he was debating over something as he looked at Emmett and me.
“Jacob Black, listen to me and run! I can handle Emmett,” I shouted, “Don’t break the treaty and attack!”
I grabbed Emmett around his large waist and pulled him away from his enemy; I pulled him over my shoulder even as he struggled to get free.
“Fuck,” I gasped, trying to keep Emmett contained without hurting him.
Suddenly I saw Alice, Jasper, Carlisle, and Rosalie running towards Emmett and me.
I smiled as they helped me bring Emmett back home.
Emmett finally calmed down after being helped by Jasper’s ability and a lot of comforting words from everyone.
I didn’t want to see him because it brought too much pain, so I waited outside and listened as I heard him calm.
After a while, I closed my eyes and sighed out; this is my entire fault.
But this is what I get for loving two people and having two people love me back; one of us would end up heartbroken.
Another sigh escaped me before I heard a voice.
“So does this mean you’re leaving?” he asked, leaning against the wall next to me with an emotionless face.
I turned my head to look at Emmett and frowned as I saw his blank face avoiding eye contact, “What do you mean?”
“Since you’ve picked that damned dog, will you be staying with him and not us?” he whispered.
I turned to him, “It depends,” I said softly.
Emmett finally looked at me, “Depends if?”
“How much it hurts you,” I said, looking into his dark topaz eyes.
I could feel it, the pain of losing someone he loves suffocating me, almost making me want to cry from it.
“I’m fine,” he said.
“You lie very good, Emmett, but I don’t think I can stand being near you and feel your pain that I caused. Isn’t it the saying that time heals all wounds? I’ll just give you some time and come back,” I whispered.
I placed both of my hands on his face and kiss his forehead, and then I leaned my forehead against his.
“I love you, Emmett, but I love Jacob Black more. I know you’re hurting, but you’re going to have to forget me,” I murmured.
“I can’t,” he whispered back.
“You have Rosalie and your family to help you, Emmett… Please, try to forget and heal. Don’t be mad at Jacob Black and don’t break the treaty.”
“Peri, please… Don’t do this to me.”
“You said you wouldn’t give up until I’ve chosen who I want to be, Emmett. I have chosen already. Please don’t make this any harder than it already is.”
“Peri…” Emmett breathed.
I left another kiss on his icy forehead and left him.
The Cullens knew I was leaving and so I left without another word while picking up my new backpack full of clothes and walked towards La Push.
Jacob Black was still waiting for me from across the line and he smiled when he saw me.
I smiled back and ran towards him, pulling off my backpack. I ended up crashing into him and hugging him tightly to me.
“Peri,” he breathed, hugging me tight to his chest.
I closed my eyes and listened to his heartbeat and I felt his love envelope me.
“This feels nice,” I said.
Jacob Black laughed and pulled away, his hands on my shoulders as he looked deep into my eyes.
I didn’t know what to say or what to do, but just being in front of him made me feel sure that I picked the right boy.
“Honestly Jacob Black, I don’t know what to do,” I chuckled.
“You can start by calling me just Jacob?” he suggested, smiling.
I narrowed my eyes at him with a smirk, “Calling you Jacob?”
Jacob Black nodded, “That would be very nice,” he grinned.
“Fine Jacob, what else should we do?” I asked.
“Go on a date with me,” he said.
“A date?” I said, unsure.
He nodded, “A date where I take you out and spend money on you. We can go to the movies, a restaurant, or to the beach…”
I smiled, “Just you and I?”
“Of course.”
“Oh, by the way, Jacob,” I said, “I might need a place to stay?”
Jacob’s face brightened as he noticed the backpack next to me and he grinned, “There’s always room in my house.”
I laughed, “Room? I don’t think so. Your house is tiny for such a giant like you,” I smirked.
“There would be enough room if you slept on my bed!”
“You’re wrong! Enough room would be if I slept on the couch alone!” I retorted, rolling my eyes and pulling my backpack back on my shoulders.
Jacob grinned and grabbed my hand, entwining his fingers into mine, “I think I rather you be stubborn and share with me, but this time how about we share the bed?” he winked.
I looked at him slyly, “No funny business, okay?”
Jacob nodded obediently with a smile, “I won’t do anything wrong. I’m a good kid.”
I chuckled and shook my head, “C’mon Jacob, let’s head home and get a good night’s rest.”
We walked, hand in hand, towards the familiar red house.
“Dad! I’m home and I brought a girl that won’t let go of my hand!” shouted Jacob as we went through the door.
“Me not letting go, I think you’re the one with the letting go problem,” I said, letting go of his hand, but his large hand was still holding mine.
“She does have a point,” said Billy, chuckling as he rolled into the room.
I smiled, “Hello Billy.”
“Peri, it’s so good to see you,” he said.
I walked towards him and gave him a soft hug.
Jacob was still holding on to my hand when I hugged Billy and I rolled my eyes when I let go of the man.
“Your son has issues with letting me go,” I said, shaking my hand trying to get Jacob’s off.
He grinned and pulled me to him, “It’s because I never want to let you go!”
“Billy!” I whined, “Your son is also too clingy!”
Jacob pushed me away and marched into his room loudly.
I winked at Billy, “We won’t be causing any trouble, Billy. Good night, sir.”
As I walked away, Billy said, “If you do cause trouble, use protection!” and he laughed loudly.
I blushed at Billy’s teasing joke and entered Jacob’s room where I found him lying face down on his tiny bed.
“Seriously? Did you get bigger the last time I saw you because there is no space for me on that bed,” I mumbled.
Jacob didn’t respond.
“Ignoring me, are we?” I whispered, walking towards him.
Suddenly Jacob’s arms wrapped around me and started tugging me forward towards him, but I stood my ground like a giant tree and stared blinking at Jacob’s failed attempts to pull me to him.
“You’re weak,” I said.
“If you just weren’t so damned strong,” he laughed.
“This obviously means I’m the dominant lover in this relationship!”
“So now this is a relationship and we’re lovers?” Jacob said, grinning and finally letting go of me.
“Since I am the dominant one, I can state what is what,” I said firmly, smiling, “We are in a relationship, we’re lovers, and you better admit that I’m dominant!”
“Never!” he yelled, giving a strong tug at me and pulling me on top of him.
I giggled as he rolled over to where I was on the bottom and he was straddling me.
“Jacob, if I may say, we’re starting to touch the inappropriate line,” I smirked.
“I’m dominant, so I say we aren’t,” he said and pressed his lips against mine tenderly.
I grabbed onto his short black hair that felt so soft and pressed myself against the boy I loved. Jacob had his hands holding my face as he kissed me passionately.
I could tell Jacob was putting all he felt into the kiss.
We made out for a while until Jacob pulled away too soon to my liking.
I looked questioningly up at him.
“I think that if we continue, I won’t be able to stop,” he confessed, blushing in embarrassment.
“Someone’s a little horny!” I giggled.
“Hey!” he muttered, blushing still.
“It’s okay, you can’t control your hormones.”
“What? And you can control yours?”
“I had millenniums of practice,” I said, grinning.
“That’s not fair, I’m still only sixteen.”
I smirked, “Wow, I forgot how young you are.”
“I forgot how old you are,” he retorted.
I love how we were all over each other a minute ago, but now we’re picking on each other.
“I love you,” I said, pecking his lips.
“I love you too, Peri.”
We fell asleep soon after.
I woke up to the bright sun coming through the small window and blinked my eyes over as I looked over a tanned and muscled shoulder.
Jacob was snoring as he slept on top of me with his arms lying next to my head and his legs tangled with mine.
I was thankful that I wasn’t a normal and boring human or else I would have died sleeping with Jacob’s enormous form on me.
I stayed still and waited until he would wake up.
It didn’t take long.
Jacob stirred on top of me and yawned loudly, pulling himself up with his arms. He untangled his legs from mine and stretched his legs and groaned.
“Good morning, Jacob,” I greeted.
Jacob looked at me and smiled, “Did I sleep on you?”
“Why yes, you did,” I laughed and brushed my lips against his.
“Hm,” he hummed, dropping back on me.
I glared playfully at Jacob, “You know, I would really like to get up.”
Jacob groaned and got up, rubbing his eyes, “Fine. Do you want to get breakfast at Emily’s?”
I grinned, “Sure! I get to see the boys!”
“Make sure to tell them that you’re mine,” whispered Jacob.
“I’m yours, huh?” I smirked, “I like the sound of that.”
Jacob smiled, “I’m going to take a shower,” he said and went to leave.
“Want me to join you?” I joked.
“I don’t think there would be any room,” he winked and left.
I grinned and went to change out of my clothes into new ones and waited for Jacob to finish his shower.
It was a quick one and he entered his room shirtless and in all his wondrous glory that made me feel weak in the knees.
His naked torso was flawless and sculpted perfectly; his muscles were toned and enormous. His skin a perfect russet tan that made his skin glow. I could admire his body all day and night.
“Should I put a shirt on or should I let you stare more?” asked Jacob.
“Put a shirt on,” I said, turning away and blushing.
Jacob quickly placed on a shirt and wrapped his arms around me. I smiled and hugged him back.
“I love you,” he said.
“I love you more,” I murmured.
Jacob grinned and pulled away to hold my hands, “Not true.”
Suddenly he froze, his hands gripping mine tightly and he seemed to be listening…
I listened myself and heard it.
It was wheezing and roaring, loud and old… I knew exactly what the sound of it was because I heard it before: Bella’s truck.
Jacob looked pleadingly at me, “Please? She’s like my best friend.”
“Why are you asking me?” I retorted.
Jacob took his hands and held my face, “I can feel your jealousy. We’re imprinted, remember?”
I growled, feeling betrayed by my own feelings, but I nodded at Jacob, “Go have a ball.”
Jacob gave me a short, but passionate kiss and ran outside filled with excitement. He was shocked and almost couldn’t believe Bella was here.
I blended in with my surroundings and went to the window, watching.
“Bella?” Jacob gasped.
“Hey, Jake!”
“Bella!” Jacob yelled, smiling brightly, “I can’t believe it!”
I watched as he ran to the red truck and yanked Bella out, jumping up and down with the girl in excitement.
“How did you get here?”
“I snuck out!” said Bella.
“Awesome!”
I looked to my side to see Billy rolling himself to the doorway, he smiled as he saw Bella, “Hey, Bella!”
“Hey, Bil…!”
She didn’t get to finish her sentence when Jacob grabbed her and swung her around in circles, hugging her tightly.
“Wow, it’s good to see you here!” he exclaimed.
“Can’t… breathe,” Bella gasped.
Jacob laughed happily, putting her down, “Welcome back, Bella.”
They had left afterwards on a walk and I sat impatiently on the small couch with Billy next to me watching the small TV.
He looked at me every now and then, a smile tugging at his lips each time.
I finally sighed and said, “What is it Billy?”
“He doesn’t love her, Peri. Not with the power of imprinting and his heart belonging to you. Don’t worry so much.”
“I can’t help it; I want to know what they’re doing and what’s taking so long,” I muttered sourly.
“Well then go,” Billy said simply.
I smiled and got up, feeling like since he said that I should. I made out their scents and found them walking together on the beach in deep conversation.
“Yeah, Leah got the worst end of the stick. She puts on a brave face. She’s going to be a bridesmaid,” I heard Jacob say.
I’m betting it’s the whole story with Sam and Emily; I found that out a while ago already.
“Did it happen to you? This love-at-first-sight thing?” asked Bella softly.
Jacob smiled and looked down at Bella, “It happened to me when I first laid eyes on her,” he said, his voice full of love and passion, of feelings inexpressible to Bella.
The girl grew nervous, as if thinking it was her who was imprinted by Jacob, “You mean…”
“Peri,” he said, my name rolling off his tongue and sounding like it was a sacred word.
“Peri?” Bella asked confused, but also relieved.
Jacob nodded, “I imprinted on Peri, Bella.”
“So are you two together?”
He nodded once again, “She’s my everything and I love her more than life itself.”
Jacob said it with so much emotion and his eyes filled with past images of the girl he loves.
I couldn’t help myself but burst out to the opening and run into the arms of Jacob Black. All thoughts about Bella were forgotten and all jealousy lost.
I love him and he loved me, that’s all that matters.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm finally moved into my new house and my room is all set up, the house is lovely. The only problem is I have no Internet there... So now I have to go all the way to this cafe and get the free WIFi. Updates will be slower until my house get Internet. Plus school is starting on Monday (29th) and that'll use up my time. I'm very nervous... I forgot how to make friends. I hate moving to new places. *Sigh.*

I keep telling myself that I need to end the story soon, but then I keep not getting to the ending. I already have an ending in mind. Oh and sorry if I disappointed some of you readers about who Peri picked... O . o Thanks for the comments, guys. ^^ You guys are awesome!