Status: Completed

Heartless Reaper

Four

Jacob's POV

I gaped at my door where Peri ran out of. She slammed it shut and I swear it looked like she was going to cry.
My heart felt broken, she can’t love? But…
I shook my head, turning around back to the bathroom.
“Aren’t you going to chase her?” my dad asked.
“Why should I?” I barked.
Because she’s hurt; you hurt her you big dummy.
“Because she’s your imprint,” Billy stated, his voice low.
“She is not. Why would I imprint on someone who can’t even love me back?” I retorted, rolling my eyes.
“Jacob, I’ve never seen you act like that before! Even with Bella! You imprinted with Peri! You’re comfortable with her, you’re playful with her, and you know it!” Billy said, looking sternly at me trying to wave the truth in my face.
But I won’t budge. I love Bella, not Peri. I would never imprint on such a girl.
“Peri said she couldn’t feel much. She said she only pretends. Do you really think she’s pretending? She feels something and you know it, I know it. Peri lied when she said reapers aren’t supposed to feel anything. She feels and you need to chase her now!” Billy exclaimed. “She can love, she just doesn’t know it. No one can resist the imprint.”
“No one?” I asked, looking hopefully up at my dad.
“No one.”
I didn’t look back as I stripped off my shorts and ran out of the door, leaving as a wolf instead of a man.
My paws dug into the dirt as I ran. I felt her, sensing her pain. I ran towards the beach, an excited yelp escaping me and I pushed myself forward.
I changed into my original form and pulled on my shorts.
She sat on the same log Bella and I always sat at. My heart quickened at the name of Bella, but it went faster as I spot her.
Peri’s head was down, dry sobs escaping her lips. No tears ran down her face, but I could have imagined them. She had her long hair covering her beautiful face, her hair almost touching the ground. Peri’s shirt was ripped on the front, black liquid dripping from her pale skin and soaking her shirt.
Is that… Blood?
“Jacob Black, I know you’re there,” Peri murmured.
I walked towards her, offering a small smile, “May I sit with you?”
My heart was throbbing in my chest. I almost flinched back to clutch it. But I took another step forward.
“May I sit with you?”
“Why? For you can continue mocking my heartless chest?” she hissed, covering her bleeding chest with her hands.
I took her hands in mine, placing them on her knees then moving my hands to her wounds. I looked at the black blood; she must have been scratching at her chest.
“Why did you do that?” I whispered, my voice strained.
I already knew the reason why, however.
She didn’t reply.
“Doesn’t that hurt you?”
Peri looked away, embarrassment clear on her face as I gently pressed my fingers against her deep wounds.
I didn’t care that I was seeing her polka-dotted pink bra and my fingers so close… I only saw her pain and her misery. That was all I cared about.
“Oh Peri,” I murmured.
She jumped away, her chest suddenly healing right before my eyes; her skin stitching together quickly in front of me.
The only thing left was the black stains in her white shirt with the picture of Family Guy’s Death on a cellphone.
Peri sighed, folding her arms and looking at me. Her eyes were pleading as she stared into mine.
I couldn’t help but smile softly. I wanted to reach out and hold her. I wanted to kiss her soft looking lips. I wanted to heal that hole in her chest and make her believe she can love. She has to love me. She’s my imprint. She’s my everything.
“You confuse me so much! You’re at first angry at me and cold… Then suddenly you grow caring and soft; as if in love with me,” Peri said.
“I am in love with you!” I exclaimed.
“I was just kidding,” she said softly.
“I wasn’t,” I whispered.
She faced the woods, “I’m sorry… I’m just upset that I can only mock emotions and you only pointed out what was true. I took my anger out on you and I was wrong for doing that,” she said, turning back to me.
I stepped towards her and took her face in my hands. She didn’t pull away like I expected her to. “Peri, I forgive you a million times, but didn’t you hear me? I admitted that I am in love with you!” I said, looking deeply into her eyes.
She was so beautiful; her pale skin healthy and a slight shine to it. Her purple eyes were piercing and dark, they seemed wise. She had brunette curls that served as curtains over her sharp face. Her lips were smooth and looked so kissable…
Peri scoffed, pulling away in disbelief, “You love Bella.”
I took a large step back and gasped. I knew with the smirk on her lips that I looked like a shocked idiot being caught in the act. But I was telling the truth! Peri is my imprint and I love her… Bella?
“Please don’t lie to me again, Jacob Black. Not when I’m starting to like you,” Peri murmured.
“Peri, I’m not lying!”
“You imprinted on Bella!” she hissed.
There was a sudden silence on the beach that chilled my bones; and that’s tough to do to a werewolf.
Peri looked heart-broken, her eyes suddenly dull and dark. “Don’t make me angry. I’m very ugly when I’m angry,” hissed Peri, crouching down.
“How am I angering you?” I asked, surprised.
“Stop it!” she screamed, clutching her fists and closing her eyes. Her veins popped out of her neck; it wasn’t the color of blue, but pure white.
“Stop!” she shrieked.
I fell down on my back, fear sweating my body. Is this the real Peri? A reaper? Her nails were sharp and long; they looked like the right weapons to rip your skin apart. Her eyes were pure black, her skin pale but laced with black lines. She looked thinner, more fragile. I couldn’t fine my Peri in those eyes.
I stood tall, my eyes staring hard into Peri’s dull ones.
“Peri?” I whispered.
Peri screamed loudly and shrilly. I fell back to the ground, covering my ears and crying out in pain. Suddenly it all stopped and I looked back and just saw a pile of clothes.
“Peri?” I called out, walking towards her clothes and picking them up. I looked around again, “Peri?” She wasn’t anywhere to be seen which made me hurt. Where did she go?
A black raven cawed at me and I turned around to see it on the log. The raven was beautiful, its feathers pure black with a hint of purple.
Purple…
“Peri?” I asked. The bird just cawed again, pecking at the log.
It didn’t feel like it was her, but just a stupid bird.
“Great,” I mumbled, “Peri just disappeared.”
I couldn’t explain what I was feeling, but it hurt and I felt hurt bad.
The raven glided up and perched on my shoulder. I let it.
“You know what, raven? She hates me, doesn’t she?” I mumbled. “My dad was so sure… I know I’m sure. I feel her. I know it.”
The bird looked at me blankly, cawing in my ear.
“You don’t have to worry about anything, do you?” I sighed. “You’re a lucky bastard.”
The raven started pecking at my bare shoulder.
I sighed, shooing the bird but to only have it fly back on my shoulder.
“Great,” I sighed, then started walking towards Emily’s house.
Maybe some food or a nice fight with Paul will lift my mood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Am I making any sense?
I didn't want to keep this long because I failed with this chapter. I don't like how it came out... But... Grrrrr! >:( Oh well.
I would like to thank kyumi2, AshleyxTwilightx, and Bella.Rider for the comments. (: